Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Lockdown extended “

Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 pm

On the Radio just now, the Spanish Government have extended the lockdown to the 20th April..

UK needs to do theirs now

Re: “ Lockdown extended “

Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 pm

SPANISH: The government have confirmed today the parents with young children can go to the shops with there children, but NOT to go to parks & has to be ONE parent only.

The only person that can announce this is the president of Spain, Pedro Sanchez. It is most probable that it will be extended, but nothing confirmed. I will keep people informed when i receive it officially

Also the biological army are here, not to control people, but to clean the streets etc, this is why its important for people to stay home

PLEASE only take notice of official notifications

Stay at home & stay safe

Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SPANISH: The government have confirmed today the parents with young children can go to the shops with there children, but NOT to go to parks & has to be ONE parent only.

The only person that can announce this is the president of Spain, Pedro Sanchez. It is most probable that it will be extended, but nothing confirmed. I will keep people informed when i receive it officially

Also the biological army are here, not to control people, but to clean the streets etc, this is why its important for people to stay home

Stay at home & stay safe

I think its coming here Annis - wouldn't be surprised to hear something in Boris' update tonight.

I hope you and your family stay safe.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm

Annis not sure if you seen the footage of the police here in the South of Spain it’s unbelievable the amount of police convoys driving around.

Not sure what your weather like there but we have had bad storms and the smugglers are out and got caught out - again they are circulating on social media - crazy with all that’s going on.

I have no doubt it will be extended here in Spain and maybe till the end of April. I am not sure why the UK is dragging its heels to be honest - obviously they know something other countries don’t.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 pm

arabellaman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:SPANISH: The government have confirmed today the parents with young children can go to the shops with there children, but NOT to go to parks & has to be ONE parent only.

Stay at home & stay safe

I think its coming here Annis - wouldn't be surprised to hear something in Boris' update tonight.

I hope you and your family stay safe.

Yes def coming to UK, needs to be ASAP.

I know Welsh & Scottish schools are closing this Friday.

Yes we are all well thank you, a bit bored, but better safe :thumbright:

Look after yourself & your family :thumbright:

Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Dobbin wrote:Annis not sure if you seen the footage of the police here in the South of Spain it’s unbelievable the amount of police convoys driving around.

Not sure what your weather like there but we have had bad storms and the smugglers are out and got caught out - again they are circulating on social media - crazy with all that’s going on.

I have no doubt it will be extended here in Spain and maybe till the end of April. I am not sure why the UK is dragging its heels to be honest - obviously they know something other countries don’t.

Not seen the footage but will look tonight Dobbins, seen Palma footage and all streets have the military.

Weather been good here, but can't enjoy as mostly in.

Yes Spain will get tougher, but so must the UK ASAP :thumbright:

Take care Dobbins :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Annis not sure if you seen the footage of the police here in the South of Spain it’s unbelievable the amount of police convoys driving around.

Not seen the footage but will look tonight Dobbins, seen Palma footage and all streets have the military.

Yes Spain will get tougher, but so must the UK ASAP

Glad to hear bluebirds in spain views,the government are dawdling over this crisis in my opinion,why the hesitation? ? I have a turkish friend,and he informed me,they were fumigation teams everywhere,and that was after just 10 confirmed cases!! Why is Boris so f@cking retarded in his actions on this!! Don't "wait & see" do what others are all doing,act on information from these countries, it's nuts not to :banghead: :old: :bluebird: STAY SAFE EVERYONE, AND LOOK AFTER YOUR ELDERLY RELATIVES AND NEIGHBOURS.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:04 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Glad to hear bluebirds in spain views,the government are dawdling over this crisis in my opinion,why the hesitation? ? I have a turkish friend,and he informed me,they were fumigation teams everywhere,and that was after just 10 confirmed cases!! Why is Boris so f@cking retarded in his actions on this!! Don't "wait & see" do what others are all doing,act on information from these countries, it's nuts not to :banghead: :old: :bluebird: STAY SAFE EVERYONE, AND LOOK AFTER YOUR ELDERLY RELATIVES AND NEIGHBOURS.

I do think the UK should of shut down by now, letting it go on and will only be playing catch up.

Thank you and look after yourself and your family , friends and especially the elderly :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:06 pm

Troops already being moved in to place. 48 hours my guess and it will kick in for a few weeks

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 pm

your assuming here that Italy france and spain have done the correct thing...there is not a correct thing because this is something new which is why different countries are treating it differently... yes dragging heels on a lockdown, id imagine the figures coming out of those 3 countries have a bit to do with that...they really are not good, and much much worse since lockdown... that's not to say we wont lock down, or other countries wont lock down or that its not the right thing..it might be....but was a hell of a knee jerk gamble and certainly not what id want here...much prefer considered approach than nutters in a panic or doing something purely because someone else did...

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I do think the UK should of shut down by now, letting it go on and will only be playing catch up.

Thank you and look after yourself and your family , friends and especially the elderly :thumbright: :thumbright:

i hope the UK doesnt, my hours have been cut soo bad because of this virus, and the lock down means my job goes until everythings back to normal. my shifts for next week at the moment i got 4 days of 2 hour shifts, just to cover everyone else lunch break. if we have a lockdown, i have no shifts and therefor no income

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:09 pm

20,000 troops put on standby last night, 150 deployed to BOC gasses to train and help deliver oxygen to hospitals, the rest will then be deployed to supermarkets for extra warehouse deliveries to store, shelf filling and home deliveries before a 15 day lockdown is implemented. It’s coming just a matter of when.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Not sure of the lockdown in Italy and Spain. Spanish and Italians are very family orientated where many of the children and their parents live with the grandparents.. recipe for disaster if the children are carrying the virus with minimal symptoms.