Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST WONDERING IF PEOPLE WILL BOYCOTT CHINESE GOODS .

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Just got a feeling this will happen, trump has started calling it a chinese virus i can see a time wdere people start checking labels of clothes and food and anything chinese and putting it back on the shelves and hangers etc
this is buggering people's lives up big time and quickly, including my own as self employed decorator my work is drying up nobody wants you in there hime any money is going to get tight, my daughter's been layed off from work in art gallery, and misses work lost her job at laura ashleys this is all in a short space of time.

Re: JUST WONDERING IF PEOPLE WILL BOYCOTT CHINESE GOODS .

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Is this an April Fool ?

So you'd stop buying cars as most have Chinese parts ?

Majority of steel made in china .

Most UK manufacturers buy raw materials etc from China.

That's why it's cheap

No one will pay twice the price and start looking at labels

I assume this is a joke ??

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:15 pm

The whole world needs to stop buying Chinese
Goods after the chaos they have caused , The cover story
Put out about it coming from a market is a load of bollocks
It came from a biochemical Laboratory , you only
Have to look at how fast it spread worldwide to know it’s
Man made , nothing other than the plague has ever spread
Like this before .

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:30 pm

More probable to not buy Chinese on ethical grounds.. but hey, save a fiver and keep em in the sweat shops.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:31 pm

As you type in your phone or lap top predominantly supported by Chinese made components

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:40 pm

splott bluebird wrote:The whole world needs to stop buying Chinese
Like this before .

was the plague man made then

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:43 pm

NI BLUEBIRD

Not a joke buddy ,perhaps you have not been effected yet,
I remember in the 60/70s people in the uk where coaxed into backing and buying british even if it was more exspensive, because it meant keeping your friend or neighbours in work in the uk rather than for example china

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:44 pm

montyblue wrote:Just got a feeling this will happen, trump has started calling it a chinese virus i can see a time wdere people start checking labels of clothes and food and anything chinese and putting it back on the shelves and hangers etc
this is buggering people's lives up big time and quickly, including my own as self employed decorator my work is drying up nobody wants you in there hime any money is going to get tight, my daughter's been layed off from work in art gallery, and misses work lost her job at laura ashleys this is all in a short space of time.

very difficult even if you try, its a global economy and you just don't know who owns what mate..
not that i buy into the inevitable conspiracy theory

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:53 pm

DOGFOUND

it will happen, slowly but surely maybe not to the point of driving your Chinese part made car off a cliff, but people will turn in small ways like i said, and maybe big ways but when your houshold income drops £1.000 a week because of someone else you feel a tad narked.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:02 pm

montyblue wrote:DOGFOUND

it will happen, slowly but surely maybe not to the point of driving your Chinese part made car off a cliff, but people will turn in small ways like i said, and maybe big ways but when your houshold income drops £1.000 a week because of someone else you feel a tad narked.

tbh im not big into blame.. shit happens

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 am

NIBluebird wrote:Is this an April Fool ?

So you'd stop buying cars as most have Chinese parts ?

Majority of steel made in china .

Most UK manufacturers buy raw materials etc from China.

That's why it's cheap

No one will pay twice the price and start looking at labels

I assume this is a joke ??

No, mate. It's from a perpetual fool...! ;)

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:03 am

Like this before .

I think you will find the Spanish flu in 1918 spread well enough,that's what a viral illness does,especially if transmission is from touching/coughing etc.I'm not into conspiracy theories in general,but I wouldnt be surprised at the"man made" suggestion,didn't some students who were protesting,fall I'll with a"mystery illness" after being water cannoned whilst protesting in Hong Kong? Not 100% sure,as my brother in law was telling me,and he is currently stuck in Egypt ! :old: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 am

SVEN

Why do you feel the need to have a dig at me with your snide comments,? when someone is struggling you feel the need to put the boot in, this says everthing about you.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:22 am

When all of this is over I really think there is a strong case that China should pay reparations to the rest of the world. It will cost this country at least £600 billion in borrowed money and the final bill might be double that.

However the infection started China was negligent. This isn't the first time they have unleashed a deadly virus in recent years and it is about time they understood that they can't continue doing this without sanction and if that means the rest of the world stops trading with them of the long term then so be it.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:23 am

When all of this is over I really think there is a strong case that China should pay reparations to the rest of the world. It will cost this country at least £600 billion in borrowed money and the final bill might be double that.

However the infection started China was negligent. This isn't the first time they have unleashed a deadly virus in recent years and it is about time they understood that they can't continue doing this without sanction and if that means the rest of the world stops trading with them over the long term then so be it.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:11 am

What you are referring to (I guess) are the 'wet' markets - where they stack up caught wildlife in cages - place them on top of each other - and the poor animal at the bottom gets all the other animals poo and pee on them.

They then butcher the animals live for fresh meat. It is more than disgusting, unhealthy, cruel and dangerous. Covid19 seems to be a mixture of bat dna and Pangolin.

The Chinese have said that all wildlife markets are shutdown and wont reopen.

The problem then goes somewhere else - Thailand have them as does cambodia and all the other countries in South East Asia.

Every govt in that region needs to ban those type of markets - do you think that will happen ?

I wish they would and make the punishment 20 years inside

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:30 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:When all of this is over I really think there is a strong case that China should pay reparations to the rest of the world. It will cost this country at least £600 billion in borrowed money and the final bill might be double that.

However the infection started China was negligent. This isn't the first time they have unleashed a deadly virus in recent years and it is about time they understood that they can't continue doing this without sanction and if that means the rest of the world stops trading with them over the long term then so be it.

I think that scientists have studied the virus and are sure it isn't man-made - something to do with the molecular structure. Having said that some bloke in a Chinese market decides to munch on a bat, and the world economy is in meltdown.
The Chinese as you say have 'form' on this.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 am

montyblue wrote:SVEN

Why do you feel the need to have a dig at me with your snide comments,? when someone is struggling you feel the need to put the boot in, this says everthing about you.

MONTYBLUE

It says nothing about me, fella: I wasn't the one making starting threads that were sure to draw attention to a lack of understanding

What exactly were you struggling with?

It's a global market and the days of 'picking and choosing' where we get our goods/raw materials from is long gone. People will simply buy what then want/need according to taste/price/availability

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:55 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Like this before .

I think you will find the Spanish flu in 1918 spread well enough,that's what a viral illness does,especially if transmission is from touching/coughing etc.I'm not into conspiracy theories in general,but I wouldnt be surprised at the"man made" suggestion,didn't some students who were protesting,fall I'll with a"mystery illness" after being water cannoned whilst protesting in Hong Kong? Not 100% sure,as my brother in law was telling me,and he is currently stuck in Egypt ! :old: :bluebird:

Exactly right.

It's not a coincidence that a video that gets massive views/attention goes 'viral'

What absolute nonsense this thread is

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:15 pm

SVEN
Struggling, trying to make ends meet due to chinese virus 3 people working in a household are now not, due solely this virus, with a mortage and paying bills get it.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:18 pm

SVEN

why do you feel the need to call me a perpetual fool.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Now is not the time to be falling out with each other lads, stick together.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:20 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:What you are referring to (I guess) are the 'wet' markets - where they stack up caught wildlife in cages - place them on top of each other - and the poor animal at the bottom gets all the other animals poo and pee on them.

They then butcher the animals live for fresh meat. It is more than disgusting, unhealthy, cruel and dangerous. Covid19 seems to be a mixture of bat dna and Pangolin.

The problem then goes somewhere else - Thailand have them as does cambodia and all the other countries in South East Asia.

Every govt in that region needs to ban those type of markets - do you think that will happen ?

I fully agree the wet markets are the problem and any country operating such disgusting practises should be sanctioned economically.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:25 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:What you are referring to (I guess) are the 'wet' markets - where they stack up caught wildlife in cages - place them on top of each other - and the poor animal at the bottom gets all the other animals poo and pee on them.

Did a jungle tour in Borneo and the guide said the first thing Chinese tourists ask when seeing an animal is can you eat it? Who the fekk looks at a pangolin and thinks bet that’s tasty.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Struggling, trying to make ends meet due to chinese virus 3 people working in a household are now not, due solely this virus, with a mortage and paying bills get it.

That's not good, fella and I feel for you and the many thousands (maybe more) going through the same thing right now! :(

Hopefully, Boris Trump, Jnr. will deliver on his promises and no one need struggle too much :thumbright:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:10 pm

why do you feel the need to call me a perpetual fool.

Being serious (on such a sad day) you shouldn't take it to heart, as I'm a pretty light-hearted individual and don't mean to cause offence. It was just a poor attempt at a witty response to Mike's post and I apologise for any offence felt

RV Casual is correct in his post (above) that 'now is not the time' and I'm sure he will tell you I'm not the ogre one or two would have you believe :)

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 pm

SVEN

Apology accepted,
A shit week, ended
with even worse news
R.i.p. whitts

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 am

Apology accepted,
A shit week, ended
with even worse news
R.i.p. whitts

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: