Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help with Managing Staff Remotely

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi Lads,

If any of you are running your own business and want some advice for managing staff remotely feel free to PM me. I've run my own business with staff working remotely for the last 6 years so am well used to working in a way that many are about to find new to them.

If you run a team and are about to go working from home and want some advice happy to give it for free. PM me and we can set up a call/skype or something.

No charge,no strings- just happy to help out some fellow bluebirds in these challenging times.

Re: Help with Managing Staff Remotely

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:00 am

Good idea mate. Top bloke.

I'm a teacher. If anyone needs any help with entertaining and educating little ones (KS2) give me a shout and I'll help any way I can.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:17 am

what do you use for remote device takeover? - ie team viewer etc ?
what do you use for document sharing and updating ? google docs or something else ?

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:41 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:what do you use for remote device takeover? - ie team viewer etc ?
what do you use for document sharing and updating ? google docs or something else ?

Hi Rees,

We actually use Logmein.

Team viewer is a good alternative as well.

However, a free alternative that could work well in the short term is Chrome Desktop Remote app - which allows you to remote access another device as long as you both are using chrome.

With file-sharing we use OneDrive mainly as it is included within the Office 365 small business package we have which is worth exploring if anyone runs a small business as it doesn't break the bank. That said I prefer DropBox which is what I used originally when I first set up - I just find it is more intuitive to use. Again Google Docs is a good free alternative and very good for collaborative remote working.

For big file transfers (we are a publisher so often need to move decent-sized files around) we use WeTransfer which is free and very simple to use.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:what do you use for remote device takeover? - ie team viewer etc ?

Hi Rees,

We actually use Logmein.

Team viewer is a good alternative as well.

However, a free alternative that could work well in the short term is Chrome Desktop Remote app - which allows you to remote access another device as long as you both are using chrome.

With file-sharing we use OneDrive mainly as it is included within the Office 365 small business package we have which is worth exploring if anyone runs a small business as it doesn't break the bank. That said I prefer DropBox which is what I used originally when I first set up - I just find it is more intuitive to use. Again Google Docs is a good free alternative and very good for collaborative remote working.

For big file transfers (we are a publisher so often need to move decent-sized files around) we use WeTransfer which is free and very simple to use.

Sorry just to add to that good thing with Chrome Desktop Remote is it is cross-platform as well I think. Certainly works across Mac and WIndows but also thinkit works on IoS and Android if i'm not mistaken.