Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Neville has said:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:31 am

Gary Neville has said his hotels will not make any redundancies and none of his staff need to take unpaid leave. He is going to hand his staff over to the NHS for extra capacity :thumbright: :thumbright:

Richard Branson who is worth $4.1bn has told 8,500 of his staff they won’t be paid for 8 weeks... :evil:

Re: Gary Neville has said:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:41 am

Reply Fb

Mark Pemberton:

Normal bloke done good & trying to help the people in this extraordinary difficult situation. I hope Branson can sleep at night

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:15 am

he owns these hotels in partnership with Wales manager Ryan Giggs..

Coronavirus: Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs open hotels to NHS staff free of charge

Former Man United footballer Gary Neville posts a video on Twitter saying it's time to show solidarity in "uncertain times".
Thursday 19 March 2020

Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs have said they will open their two hotels to NHS staff free of charge

Gary Neville has announced that the two hotels he part-owns with former Manchester United team-mate Ryan Giggs will be made available free of charge to NHS workers.

Hotel Football, located near Old Trafford, and The Stock Exchange in the city centre are owned by the pair through their GG Hospitality group.

Hotel Football

@hotelfootballuk
A message from our co-owner Gary Neville. @GNev2 @GG_Hospitality

It comes after Premier League club Chelsea offered NHS workers free accommodation for the next two months at the Millennium Hotel at its Stamford Bridge ground to help with the COVID-19 outbreak.

The cost of the rooms will be covered by club owner Roman Abramovich.

Sky Sports football expert Neville said he and Giggs will do the same, with the scheme in place from Friday onwards in order to help accommodate medical workers during the coronavirus crisis.

"Over the last week we have been in consultation with the health services in the Greater Manchester area, in particular the Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust," Neville said in a video posted on social media.

"Our 176 beds will be occupied by National Health Service workers and medical professionals from Friday onwards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Fb

Mark Pemberton:

Normal bloke done good & trying to help the people in this extraordinary difficult situation. I hope Branson can sleep at night

Annis many years ago I thought Branson was a tidy guy, but have not thought that for a long time , grabbing any money he can, its not that he needs to do that :thumbup:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:46 am

dogfound wrote:he owns these hotels in partnership with Wales manager Ryan Giggs..

Nothing but Respect for him :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 am

Igovernor wrote:

Mark Pemberton:

Annis many years ago I thought Branson was a tidy guy, but have not thought that for a long time , grabbing any money he can, its not that he needs to do that :thumbup:

Roger, Same here, now I just see him as a greedy b*stard :evil:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Mark Pemberton:

Roger, Same here, now I just see him as a greedy b*stard :evil:

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:26 am

Hope Branson goes on one of his rockets to the moon drifts off course misses the moon and is never seen again. Tight fisted b*stard

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:50 pm

I always thought Branson was a decent bloke as well but now, I wouldn’t piss on him if he were on fire. Tell him to f..k off back to his island and stay there.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Fair play to Neville and Giggs :thumbup: - As for Branson ...Take note people :roll:

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 am

Igovernor wrote:

Mark Pemberton:

Rog, Branson was on the bones of his backside and had a lucky break with the record thing

You'd think he'd remember that; not just when he needs the publicity but when the people who helped put him where he is (the ordinary consumer) could do with a little payback

I'm with you on the money grabbing thing; his businesses have long forgotten their roots

Shame on the man who so vocally claimed to be 'one of us' but shuns the very same when the going got tough and they needed a friend :cry: :oops: