Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " RIP Peter Whittingham "

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:03 pm

I am truly gutted by this!

Such an unassuming guy, super naturally talent footballer. He gave us so many moments, just look at the montages of his goals, just awesome. Best corner taker in any division.

He is one of the best and most loyal footballers to play for us and a statue would be fitting for him and get his testimonial played when we can so we can pay him a proper tribute.

Tragic, thoughts are with the family. Rest easy Peter... #HeDoesWhatHeWants

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:10 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I think we really should have that testimonial for him now. He more than most in recent years was a true legend of the club. He gave so much over so long. Devastating for his family. I had a health care last week and all I could think about was my little girl growing up without me. I can't bear to think what they are going through. We should show his family how much he was loved by the club and it's supporters.

Absolutely spot on. I still can't get my head around this tragic loss

RIP Peter you will never be forgotten :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Put this on another post...

Absolutely retire the number 7.
Have his shirt hanging in all the stands as a reminder to every Bluebird.
Change the decals on the stadium to images of Whitts.
Legends don't come around very often. We were very privallaged to witness his talent.
This man was an absolute class act on and off the pitch. He always had time for all of us.
I lots my dad at 19. I can only imagine how devestating this is on his Amanda Pet's wife and their young son.
Peter was from Nuneaton a really good mate played tennis with his mum. The family must be distrought.
I think we should arrange for blue and white forget me not flowers to be planted in the number 7 all around the ground and the city in his memory as a mark of respect.
True Blue. Left foot Wizzard.
Rest in peace yong man
:bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:55 pm

So gutted. Thoughts to his family who must be devastated.
Up there with the best I can remember. He left a legacy with me as every time we get a corner on the right side or a free kick in range I always think of him and pine for his quality. Absolutely loved watching him play and he scored some of the best goals I’ve seen in a bluebirds shirt.

RIP legendary Bluebird, never forgotten :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:49 pm

I think I am like a lot of Cardiff fans, and feel sad that we lost a great player , we should looked after better .Penalties ,corners and free kicks it was only Witts.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:So gutted. Thoughts to his family who must be devastated.
Up there with the best I can remember. He left a legacy with me as every time we get a corner on the right side or a free kick in range I always think of him and pine for his quality. Absolutely loved watching him play and he scored some of the best goals I’ve seen in a bluebirds shirt.

We at the Swansalona FC forum would like to offer our sincere and heartfelt condolences to the family and fans on the news of the tragic death of Peter Whittingham. RIP Peter, always admired you as a opposition player.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Jackflash wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:So gutted. Thoughts to his family who must be devastated.

We at the Swansalona FC forum would like to offer our sincere and heartfelt condolences to the family and fans on the news of the tragic death of Peter Whittingham. RIP Peter, always admired you as a opposition player.

Than you, Mike. Great words! :clap:

There are moments when rivalries are forgotten and comments are posted with genuine sincerity; and this is one

Whitts a wonderful player for our club and those of us who met him socially were impressed by his humility

RIP, Whitts; a Bluebird legend and always remembered as a City favourite! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Life is f.....g shit sometimes and this is one of them. I used to love it,when he used to come over to take a corner in front of the Canton, and he used to do that low key clap of the hands ,to show his appreciation of his fans. I still can’t believe what has happened to him, and the way it has happened. It upsets me, when reading all the tributes paid to him but in time, hopefully, his family will take some small comfort, from the fact that he was adored by so many fans. RIP Peter.