Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' IN MEMORY OF A TRUE LEGEND PETER WHITTINGHAM RIP '

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:05 pm

' IN MEMORY OF A TRUE LEGEND PETER WHITTINGHAM RIP '

Sadly Peter Whittingham at the young age of only 35,this week lost his life RIP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whitts was a family man and loved by his fellow professionals and football fans from all over the Uk.

Whitts had time for everyone and always stopped and chatted to every fan and always smiled and took time out to have photos with all ages.

My oldest daughter Annaise grew up watching Whitts and for her and the rest of us, Whitts magical free-kicks which changed so many games were up there with the very best :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Peter Whittinghams football career was mainly one club Cardiff City for 10 years which in this day and age is more than special. Whitts started his career with Aston Villa, played for Burnley, Derby and Blackburn Rovers as well.

Our thoughts,love and hearts go out to Peter Whittingham's family, close friends and all his close professional colleagues :bluebird: :bluebird:

Former Bluebirds’ favourite Peter Whittingham has passed away at the age of 35 :cry: :cry:

Whitts was famous for his " NO 7 SHIRT " and scoring over 80 amazing goals for the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:

Played for Cardiff City 413 timed scoring 85 goals .

Peter Michael Whittingham (born 8 September 1984) is an English professional footballer who is a free agent who most recently played for EFL Championship club Blackburn Rovers, being released on 31 August 2018. His primary position is as a central midfielder, although he can operate as a winger on both the left and right, as well as a second-striker.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213618 :cry: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' IN MEMORY OF A TRUE LEGEND PETER WHITTINGHAM RIP '

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 pm

RIP :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: " A TRUE FOOTBALL LEGEND PETER WHITTINGHAM " :bluebird: :bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213618 :bluebird: :bluebird: :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:09 pm

What a legend. Unbelievable news. True gentleman. So sad for his family and close friends.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm

What a tragedy, he was a true bluebird legend and what is more sad we will not be able to pay tribute to him at the stadium.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm

I don't know why, but after having the little bit of hope after yesterdays confusion, saying RIP again today feels so much sadder, as if it wasn't already heartbreaking.

What on earth is going on. RIP Whitts...

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Legend is the word NW had to make a choice but it was the wrong one and the way it was dealt with.

He wanted his chance to thank the supporters and obviously he wasn’t given that which hurt him.

Don’t think we will see his like ever again. RIP Peter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:19 pm

R.I.P whitts

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:24 pm

:cry:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213618 :cry:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:27 pm

The word "legend" is not really adequate to describe what Peter Whittingham means to Cardiff City and those like me who had the absolute privilege of seeing this wonderful gentleman grace our club.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Peter - thanks for the memories which we'll always treasure.

Rest in peace Bluebird

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Totally gutted by this. May he rest in peace.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:29 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... diff-city/ :cry:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

That magic left foot will be truly missed as will the wonderful talent and such a humble man
God Rest you Peter you will live in the memory forever

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:32 pm

Incredibly sad.
Condolences to his young family.
My fave player during my fave era.
Angels look after him he was A class act.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:36 pm

The word is used too often, but Whitts is a bona fida legend of this club. In 100 years, the history books will show him as one of our greatest ever players and rightly so.

We were lucky to see him play - absolutely gutted.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:02 pm

Cardiff City hero Peter Whittingham dies, aged 35

By Glen Williams

Thursday 19 Mar 2020

Cardiff City legend Peter Whittingham has tragically died at the age of 35.

The devastating news was confirmed to WalesOnline on Thursday afternoon.

Whittingham had been on life support after suffering a head injury following an incident at a Barry pub on March 7.

It's understood he had been out to watch the England v Wales Six Nations match, near his home in Penarth.

A police statement on Wednesday confirmed an incident had taken place in Barry.

A spokesperson for South Wales Police confirmed they were called to a licensed premises in Barry at around 10pm on March 7, where a 35-year-old man from Penarth suffered a head injury as a result of a fall.

He was taken to the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.

A police statement issued on Wednesday said: "At this stage there is no evidence or suggestion of a criminal act, and it appears the injury was caused by an accidental fall.

"Enquiries are continuing into the circumstances of the incident."

Whittingham is widely regarded as one of the finest players ever to play for the Bluebirds, having enjoyed a hugely successful 10-year spell in the Welsh capital.

The former midfielder turned out more than 450 times for Cardiff between 2007 and 2017, scoring 96 goals in the process.

He will go down as a club legend, a man supporters adored perhaps more than any other player of his generation.

Michael Chopra, Robbie Fowler, Joe Bennett and Lee Peltier are among those who have paid tribute to Whittingham following the tragic news.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Michael Chopra, Robbie Fowler, Joe Bennett and Lee Peltier are among those who have paid tribute to Whittingham following the tragic news.

Michael Chopra:
Devastated to have lost an old teammate had some great memories on and off the pitch with you football has lost a great guy and player gone too soon deepest condolences to your family RIP Whitts :bluebird:

Joe Bennett:
Absolutely heartbreaking :cry: :cry: An unbelievable player and such a nice guy. RIP Whitts was a pleasure to play with you. Legend :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Lee Peltier:

Absolute devastating news to the passing of my ex team mate,what a great guy he was aswell as one of the best players I have shared a pitch :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Robbie Fowler:

Just awful news... Deepest sympathies go out to all his family and friends , one of life's good guys, a genuinely real diamond of a man :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:13 pm

We gave Peter an Honorary membership of Brynhill Golf Course, he never even had a chance to play to play the course. Thoughts with his family. RIP

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 pm

RIP Peter whittingham
Condolences to your family and friends !
I loved watching him play for Cardiff and was one of my favourite players !
He's was one of the best for city and be very missed!
There's only one Peter whittingham !

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:20 pm

One word gutted one of if not finest player I've seen in a cardiff shirt by far and away best passer set piece taker so cruel and unfair life can be .. he brought me soo many memories home and away for that mans a legend for me I thank him dearly rip witts got bless buddy xxx

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Cardiff city need to retire the number 7 shirt immediately watching whittingham was a pure pleasure and how he stayed at Cardiff for 10 yes I will never know. Best player I ever saw at city

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Probably the most understated player ever to have graced our hallow turfs. He could pick a pass through a needles eye and his free kicks were truly sublime.

So sad to hear this, I am choked.....RIP Pete....love to all your family and friends xx :cry: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:43 pm

It really is heartbreaking.

The legend word is thrown around a lot these days but he really was.

We will always remember him.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:44 pm

:bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

I hardly ever post but Whitts was such a legend that I am truly gutted by this news. Agree that his shirt should be 'retired' now. RIP Peter Whittingham.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Absolutely gutted about this. Whitts was a joy to watch and an absolute gentleman. Our number 7 and a true City legend. Rest In Peace Bluebird, you will be missed.
:bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:58 pm

The worst possible news. Some great memories of a great player. True City legend.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Had the good fortune to meet Peter,when he was living opposite the pier,and a few times in their cafe,where my Mrs was working,what a true gentleman he was,would wave as he was taking his dog through the park,not one ounce a prima Donna type,really sad to hear the news of his passing,thank you Peter,for the wonderful memories you created,in the myriad of my own cardiff city life so far,may you rest in peace dear man,deepest sympathy and condolences to your family. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:02 pm

RIP Peter, my prayers are with your family and friends at this tragic time.

Fly high :bluebird: Fly high.