Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: RUGBY CANCELS SEASON AS VOID / WILL FOOTBALL?

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:34 am

UPDATED:

RUGBY UNION HAS CANCELLED THIS SEASON AS WELL & ITS NOW VOID.

Rugby League have cancelled this season / Will football have to follow?

Major League Rugby has announced it has cancelled the remainder of the 2020 season due to the global Covid-19 pandemic. The start-up domestic rugby union competition was just five weeks into its third season, with George Killebrew as its new commissioner. MLR had suspended its season for 30 days earlier this month.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: RUGBY CANCELS SEASON AS VOID / WILL FOOTBALL?

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:24 pm

It had only just started so not really comparable- my preference would be to continue this season when we can until it’s proper conclusion, then worry about the impact that may have on next season.

We could cut games next season down by 20% as an example.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:11 pm

I reckon if we can't resume playing outstanding fixtures by June this season will be null and void, let's hope I'm wrong.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Its mad to think it wont finish not just footie all sports in europe and world.. u got boris saying we can be on top in 12 weeks that be middle of June I just dont see it myself I'm like everyone a sports fan love my footie but it's crazy to think that the whole of europe on lockdown and you got us no nhl mlb nba and poss nfl too . I've just gone into town now its deserted shops closed restaurants closed I wasnt too bothered by this before but what's next with it we just dont know sadly

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Chippy82 wrote:Its mad to think it wont finish not just footie all sports in europe and world.. u got boris saying we can be on top in 12 weeks that be middle of June I just dont see it myself I'm like everyone a sports fan love my footie but it's crazy to think that the whole of europe on lockdown and you got us no nhl mlb nba and poss nfl too . I've just gone into town now its deserted shops closed restaurants closed I wasnt too bothered by this before but what's next with it we just dont know sadly

Also today Boris said it would be reviewed monthly (the virus spread) I can't see the games being completed if it is still on the rise,it only takes one footballer to be tested positive, and the squad will be forced into a 14 day self isolation, meaning more delays to fixtures.let's hope the new measures put in place by supermarkets are adhered to,as people are stockpiling,and then some are trying to sell it (whatever) online,at huge mark ups :banghead: soke shop in Nottingham was named and shamed on social media yesterday,selling 400ml bottles of dettol (normally £3) for £19.99!!! Have a look on ebay for toilet rolls,36 being sold for £44.80 :shock: people should highlight these selfish mothers,taking advantage of the panic that has engulfed a lot of people,especially the older generation,disgusting human beings!! I joked last week of selling 4 for a fiver,never believing it would be this bad!! :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm

My months supply of bog roll cost about 75p.. it’s quite posh with all the sheets individually numbered.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:19 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:Its mad to think it wont finish not just footie all sports in europe and world.. u got boris saying we can be on top in 12 weeks that be middle of June I just dont see it myself I'm like everyone a sports fan love my footie but it's crazy to think that the whole of europe on lockdown and you got us no nhl mlb nba and poss nfl too . I've just gone into town now its deserted shops closed restaurants closed I wasnt too bothered by this before but what's next with it we just dont know sadly

Also today Boris said it would be reviewed monthly (the virus spread) I can't see the games being completed if it is still on the rise,it only takes one footballer to be tested positive, and the squad will be forced into a 14 day self isolation, meaning more delays to fixtures.let's hope the new measures put in place by supermarkets are adhered to,as people are stockpiling,and then some are trying to sell it (whatever) online,at huge mark ups :banghead: soke shop in Nottingham was named and shamed on social media yesterday,selling 400ml bottles of dettol (normally £3) for £19.99!!! Have a look on ebay for toilet rolls,36 being sold for £44.80 :shock: people should highlight these selfish mothers,taking advantage of the panic that has engulfed a lot of people,especially the older generation,disgusting human beings!! I joked last week of selling 4 for a fiver,never believing it would be this bad!! :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

I only work part time retail and I've been told no uc meetings 4 3 months my uc is going up planned 1k in next year this for me ain't good at all cardiff town deserted today never seen like it. There was some tit selling hand sanitizer 75£ on ebay

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:20 pm

The major difference between football and rugby is that nobody really gives a shit about rugby - especially at club level.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

I work down bay retail some arse bought 1.3k baked beans pasta my shop had none rest of week woman bought 16 packs baby milk then 2 hours later I had lady in tears cuz none culver penarth any place down bay she was desperate for calpol I found her one she was happy as hell with that I've seen how selfish some people have been and it's not nice to see at all

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:33 pm

UPDATED:

RUGBY UNION HAS CANCELLED THIS SEASON AS WELL & NOW VOID.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED:

RUGBY UNION HAS CANCELLED THIS SEASON AS WELL & NOW VOID.

Wow but people think this will blow over quick

Re: UPDATED: RUGBY CANCELS SEASON AS VOID / WILL FOOTBALL?

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

it will be lead by the broadcasters, who will probably right off this season and want to start a new season afresh, if you finish this season and are then unable to start a new one subscriptions will be cancelled in their millions with the prospect of a long break untill july, august 2021.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Still think they can get the season done .

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:57 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Still think they can get the season done .

I was hoping they could finish it,but we are yet to hit peak infection /death rate,say they tried to restart in,let's say mid June, if one player then tests positive for the virus,then the squad of that team are isolated for another two weeks at least,then say another tests positive elswhere,it might well snowball yet, so I can't see it happening,the risks would still be rather high imho. :old: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:23 am

JimmyJazz wrote:It had only just started so not really comparable- my preference would be to continue this season when we can until it’s proper conclusion, then worry about the impact that may have on next season.

We could cut games next season down by 20% as an example.

Agree :thumbup:

This season is far more important than next, as it is in progress...

Where would the 20% come from, though? :?

Can only think of cups; but they only amount to a couple for the majority of clubs

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:30 am

Rugby season cancelled right down to mini levels. My son plays for U9’s. With the floods as well I think he’s had one game this side of Xmas.Gutting.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 am

Chippy82 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I work down bay retail some arse bought 1.3k baked beans pasta my shop had none rest of week woman bought 16 packs baby milk then 2 hours later I had lady in tears cuz none culver penarth any place down bay she was desperate for calpol I found her one she was happy as hell with that I've seen how selfish some people have been and it's not nice to see at all

You should be issued with a taser mate.