Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On a scale of 0 to 10 how do you rate our PM on this current crisis

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Boris Johnson Coronavirus poll

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:Would love to know what the 4 who voted he was terrible would do better then? If you have the answers please tell

Like wise i would like to hear from you 4 - Go on don't be shy ;)

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:Would love to know what the 4 who voted he was terrible would do better then? If you have the answers please tell

answer
If your in a PAYE you get 80% of up to 2500 a week.If your self employed to get
Your circumstances Monthly standard allowance
Single and under 25 £251.77
Single and 25 or over £317.82
In a couple and you’re both under 25 £395.20 (for you both)
In a couple and either of you are 25 or over £498.89 (for you both) yes monthly
plus the 1000 a year extra.
bit of a difference there.
plus NHS cuts lack of beds doctors and nurses.God help us when we get to the state of italy ,

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:39 pm

stickywicket wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

answer
plus NHS cuts lack of beds doctors and nurses.God help us when we get to the state of italy ,

So it's all about money - Over Heath - Thank You for coming forward with your views - Just need the other 3 to step up !!

As for ITALY - I have more family than most over there on this board so i am fully aware of what is going on .
Working in the Army - Police - Hospital and other jobs - They are just like our NHS putting themselves into the front line .
Still time for the self employed to carry on working and not be told by others to stay home and take a pay cut .
Or there will be plans put in place later on to help everyone .

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

answer

So it's all about money - Over Heath - Thank You for coming forward with your views - Just need the other 3 to step up !!

As for ITALY - I have more family than most over there on this board so i am fully aware of what is going on .
Working in the Army - Police - Hospital and other jobs - They are just like our NHS putting themselves into the front line .
Still time for the self employed to carry on working and not be told by others to stay home and take a pay cut .
Or there will be plans put in place later on to help everyone .

It's not all about money read my reply to your volunteer topic

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Around a 7 to 8 for me. I voted 7

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Genuinely think that the 0,1,2 voters should say what more / different should be done.

I've already said it help for self employed and zero hours.

I thought chancellor outlined that yesterday.

He did!maybe some didn't hear or see that in the press meeting? My sister is self employed, and until yesterday,was sitting herself,she is much calmer today :thumbup: I have slated boris in the past,but I gave him an 8,as there isnt much more he can do,except lockdown enforcement. Testing times ahead,but he's doing fine imo. :old: :bluebird:

I don't understand people insisting we are I some way missing a trick by not having a lockdown .
there is no doubt in my mind that if those guiding our PM { medical experts } are confident its right for us it will happen.. but its being talked about by some as if its clearly improved things elsewhere .. genuinely don't get it , 87% of Italys 4825 deaths have come since the lockdown

Because they locked down too late??

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:16 pm

moonboots wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Genuinely think that the 0,1,2 voters should say what more / different should be done.

He did!maybe some didn't hear or see that in the press meeting? My sister is self employed, and until yesterday,was sitting herself,she is much calmer today :thumbup: I have slated boris in the past,but I gave him an 8,as there isnt much more he can do,except lockdown enforcement. Testing times ahead,but he's doing fine imo. :old: :bluebird:

I don't understand people insisting we are I some way missing a trick by not having a lockdown .
there is no doubt in my mind that if those guiding our PM { medical experts } are confident its right for us it will happen.. but its being talked about by some as if its clearly improved things elsewhere .. genuinely don't get it , 87% of Italys 4825 deaths have come since the lockdown

yes maybe..but its an enormous maybe...it did exactly what our experts said would happen which was drive the spike with hospitals completely unprepared...which in turn costs lives... personally I trust our medical experts guiding our government..its going to get lots worse here as it is everywhere but we have bought time.. have thousands of empty hospital beds and are producing respirators by the thousands...
now you can look at the figures and see the facts which seem to be pointing to us getting it right so far.
or just make your own imaginary ones up...and disagree with everything..

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:19 pm

moonboots wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

To the best of my knowledge no politicians of any party know any more about medical problems than the average poster on this forum. They can only base their decisions on the advice provided to them by the experts, and no party will have ever come close to having to deal with a problem like this before. I have only heard sensible comments by politicians of all parties so far, and I think this is a time when politics point scoring should take a back seat. You will always get some who will criticise whatever, simply because they voted for the opposition. I voted Tory at the election, and as much as I dislike Corbyn, Abbot etc., I have not heard them being over critical of the situation, and I have not heard them coming out with anything other than sensible comments in the main. If Boris announced a £1m gift to every household tomorrow, you would still find someone who will say it's not enough. Fortunately most politicians are behaving responsibly, and I have heard plenty of good things coming from people like our PM and Chancellor, and an equal amount of sense coming from the likes of Andy Burnham as well. I think most people realise that solving this problem will take a lot more than just politics.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:49 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
moonboots wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

To the best of my knowledge no politicians of any party know any more about medical problems than the average poster on this forum. They can only base their decisions on the advice provided to them by the experts, and no party will have ever come close to having to deal with a problem like this before. I have only heard sensible comments by politicians of all parties so far, and I think this is a time when politics point scoring should take a back seat. You will always get some who will criticise whatever, simply because they voted for the opposition. I voted Tory at the election, and as much as I dislike Corbyn, Abbot etc., I have not heard them being over critical of the situation, and I have not heard them coming out with anything other than sensible comments in the main. If Boris announced a £1m gift to every household tomorrow, you would still find someone who will say it's not enough. Fortunately most politicians are behaving responsibly, and I have heard plenty of good things coming from people like our PM and Chancellor, and an equal amount of sense coming from the likes of Andy Burnham as well. I think most people realise that solving this problem will take a lot more than just politics.

Sadly I fear your pissing in the wind mate.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Jock wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
moonboots wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

You are probably right Jock, but as I said on another thread the biggest obstacles and problems the public are facing is down to public behaviour. I have been impressed with the advice given and I am doing my best to take on board exactly what the politicians have said. I have been impressed with those at the top of government, and the same goes for opposition MP's like Chris Bryant who has come out with a lot of sense and his doing his best for his constituents at the Rhondda. I think the majority of MP's from all parties recognise the importance of putting on a united front, and we need to try and do the same. Slating Boris or Jeremy or bring Brexit into the argument will solve nothing. I think political point scoring during times such as this is very sad. If ever there has been a time to put political differences aside this has to be it.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jock wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
moonboots wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

You are probably right Jock, but as I said on another thread the biggest obstacles and problems the public are facing is down to public behaviour. I have been impressed with the advice given and I am doing my best to take on board exactly what the politicians have said. I have been impressed with those at the top of government, and the same goes for opposition MP's like Chris Bryant who has come out with a lot of sense and his doing his best for his constituents at the Rhondda. I think the majority of MP's from all parties recognise the importance of putting on a united front, and we need to try and do the same. Slating Boris or Jeremy or bring Brexit into the argument will solve nothing. I think political point scoring during times such as this is very sad. If ever there has been a time to put political differences aside this has to be it.

How we deal with this as a society will define us for future generations, I Hope decency prevails.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Nil from me he's way to slow in making what are obvious decisions. I'm going without the football all my races and parkrun are cancelled. My factory is shutting down next week and 25% of the population are carrying on has normal ffs. Ran past a pub yesterday who were having a lock in and sea side resorts full of people. FFS BORIS SORT IT OUT

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm

AHERNE wrote:Nil from me he's way to slow in making what are obvious decisions. I'm going without the football all my races and parkrun are cancelled. My factory is shutting down next week and 25% of the population are carrying on has normal ffs. Ran past a pub yesterday who were having a lock in and sea side resorts full of people. FFS BORIS SORT IT OUT

AAny pubs doing that should have their licence removed. One quick call by someone would sort that out. . but as many said he is acting on advice given by experts. For me it’s his body language as well which gives people confidence