Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Something Positive “

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:20 pm

:thumbright:

So far 77,867 have recovered Worldwide from the Corona Virus. Let us share something positive for a change :thumbright:

But please UK citizens go in to lockdown now, but why are the UK nearly always the last ones?

Saudi locked down all airports ... no ‘ins or outs’ or even domestic flights

But UK???

Re: “ Something Positive “

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:28 pm

was working next to Birmingham airport last week and planes were flying in and out on a regular basis . utter madness

about time they shut down the channel crossing to France too

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Annis - you should show the singing police in Spain - who get out of their cars - with guitars and not guns ;)

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:51 am

Initial figures out of Spain this morning are looking better and following on from a bit of an improvement in Italy yesterday. Small but positive indicator that self isolation and lockdown has to be the way forward. People want / need fresh air but they don't need to throng tourist attractions like they did over the weekend. To the parents of teenagers, its in your hands to get these groups off the streets / physically isolated from their friends. The parents who fail at that are feckless and should be named and shamed as such. The people who held a party on Friday night with guests from Spain and a sickly child leave me speechless. Moronic and probably a safe guarding issue.

We might be getting a better idea in the west of how to deal with this given to us be the Italians unfortunate to have been first in line. How the hell is the world going to deal with this in Africa, Indian sub continent, the rest of south east Asia and lord help us the war torn and refugee camps across the middle east and beyond. I fear the world in the next 3 / 4 months will witness a humanitarian disaster bigger than everything we've had to date, added together. The mental well being of the remaining world may never recover.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:42 am

I must admit I had a right go at my mother in law yesterday.

By way of a family background. Kath (Mother in Law) has underlying health issues. Her elderly sister has COPD. My wife, who some of you will know, had Pneumonia in Malta 4 years ago and died twice and was in a coma for 3 weeks. And my nephew has Chronic Asthma.

So not exactly the healthiest of families!

Anyway at a time where the government is actively encouraging social isolation and certainly for the over 70s - I find out that the local catholic church is not only open but the mother in law has actually gone to join in the service.

Ok the church wasnt full but the majority of people there were over 60

Just stupidity if you ask me - and not a thought for her sister or daughter or grandchild who have their own underlying issues!

Sorry for the rant - but this virus will be beaten - it just needs everyone to play their part.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:43 am

And now down in Germany and Switzerland. Self isolation is working if you can only trust the population to play their part. I suspect we wont be able to do that here.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:49 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Annis - you should show the singing police in Spain - who get out of their cars - with guitars and not guns ;)

Tony.
I have videos of the police / ambulances last night on convey beeping and flashing lights to us all at 8pm every night , whilst we stand on our balconies applauding then and thanking them for their services :thumbright: :thumbright:
But I don’t know how to put videos on here :lol:

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:26 am

Dont worry about the other dumb people just keep you and your family safe, im still work and stuff but just using common sense and keep distances.

Not going to places i dont need to really be, not touching stuff or my face etc.

It does look like lockdown works and can make a difference, trouble here in the UK we get advised not to do things. He needs to make it firm and offical.

Tube drivers are complaining that with less services, they all rammed packed. Now, i couldnt think of anything worse being stuck in their.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm

epping blue wrote:Initial figures out of Spain this morning are looking better and following on from a bit of an improvement in Italy yesterday. Small but positive indicator that self isolation and lockdown has to be the way forward. People want / need fresh air but they don't need to throng tourist attractions like they did over the weekend. To the parents of teenagers, its in your hands to get these groups off the streets / physically isolated from their friends. The parents who fail at that are feckless and should be named and shamed as such. The people who held a party on Friday night with guests from Spain and a sickly child leave me speechless. Moronic and probably a safe guarding issue.

We might be getting a better idea in the west of how to deal with this given to us be the Italians unfortunate to have been first in line. How the hell is the world going to deal with this in Africa, Indian sub continent, the rest of south east Asia and lord help us the war torn and refugee camps across the middle east and beyond. I fear the world in the next 3 / 4 months will witness a humanitarian disaster bigger than everything we've had to date, added together. The mental well being of the remaining world may never recover.

Unfortunately I jumped the gun. Adjusted figures are a little worse if anything. Really hoped the tide was turning.