Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone else having kids meltdown ?

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 am

Anyone else having arguments with their kids about going out ?

My son going nuts that he cant go over the park with all his mates, thinks it's so unfair etc and doesnt want to play on his ps4.

The govt advice seems to be dont go out unless absolutely necessary, kids go to the park for fresh air etc but not loads of them sitting down on park benches etc - 2 metre rule etc.

What little hair I have left is being torn out

What are others doing ?

Re: anyone else having kids meltdown ?

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:55 am

Gaffer tape and handcuffs

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:21 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Anyone else having arguments with their kids about going out ?

My son going nuts that he cant go over the park with all his mates, thinks it's so unfair etc and doesnt want to play on his ps4.

The govt advice seems to be dont go out unless absolutely necessary, kids go to the park for fresh air etc but not loads of them sitting down on park benches etc - 2 metre rule etc.

What are others doing ?

I really sympathise. Mine are 15 and 19 so no problem for me and the youngest has been self isolating with his gaming for last five years anyway so he wont notice anything different. But for parents with young kids and living in a flat!!! Doesn't bear thinking about. For everyones sake - but especially people like that- we need to make sure we don't make it necessary for government to have to bring in even stricter controls. Its clear Boris doesn't want to and is fighting a battle with others who do. So whatever your political views lets help him out on this.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:23 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Anyone else having arguments with their kids about going out ?

What are others doing ?

I really sympathise. Mine are 15 and 19 so no problem for me and the youngest has been self isolating with his gaming for last five years anyway so he wont notice anything different. But for parents with young kids and living in a flat!!! Doesn't bear thinking about. For everyones sake - but especially people like that- we need to make sure we don't make it necessary for government to have to bring in even stricter controls. Its clear Boris doesn't want to and is fighting a battle with others who do. So whatever your political views lets help him out on this.

Good post mate.
The irony is that we’ve been encouraging kids to play outdoors rather than play on computers etc and now it’s completely the opposite.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:14 pm

I know ironic isn't it - I have always made him go out and exercise etc and he moaned about leaving his ps4. Now I want him to stay in play on it as much as possible etc - he wants to go out.

Schools are sending out lessons from tonight - so that should take his mind off it.

Every bus Ive seen today was empty , so Im guess most of the vulnerable are now at home and not coming out - which is a good thing