BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN MORE OR LESS LOCK

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN MORE OR LESS LOCK

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 pm

BORIS JOHNSON ANNOUNCES:


- You can only leave your home for shopping (including medicine), work and one form of exercise.

- Ban on gatherings of more than two people (excluding household members)

- Ban on all events excluding funerals

- Police will enforce these restrictions

- To be reviewed every three weeks



UPDATED


Prime Minister Boris Johnson will address the nation at 8.30pm




UPDATED

Various press reports:



The UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his daily press briefing at Downing Street for Monday.

He chaired an emergency COBRA meeting on Monday afternoon.

He will announce tonight that the UK is entering a full lockdown - as is currently in place in other countries including Italy and Spain.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 13477
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am

BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN MORE OR LESS LOCK

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his daily press briefing at Downing Street for Monday.

He chaired an emergency COBRA meeting on Monday afternoon.

He will announce tonight that the UK is entering a full lockdown - as is currently in place in other countries including Italy and Spain.

Pretty likely I’d imagine
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby epping blue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Infection rate is probably starting to rise significantly. They have to do something.
epping blue
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:48 pm

epping blue wrote:Infection rate is probably starting to rise significantly. They have to do something.

Agree.
When is the peak forecasted for?
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby Foghorn65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Lockdown.
Foghorn65
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will address the nation at 8.30pm
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 13477
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:40 pm

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that a lockdown needed to be debated in the Commons before going before the House of Lords for the law to be passed. That is why I said on a previous post that I thought it would come into force either Wednesday or Friday. As I said I may be wrong about this and stand to be corrected as I am no expert on such matters.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby Jock » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I may be wrong but I was under the impression that a lockdown needed to be debated in the Commons before going before the House of Lords for the law to be passed. That is why I said on a previous post that I thought it would come into force either Wednesday or Friday. As I said I may be wrong about this and stand to be corrected as I am no expert on such matters.

Wouldn’t this fall under emergency powers?
Jock
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby stickywicket » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Prime Minister Boris Johnson will address the nation at 8.30.
First I've heard of it :occasion5:




UPDATED

Various press reports:



The UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his daily press briefing at Downing Street for Monday.

He chaired an emergency COBRA meeting on Monday afternoon.

He will announce tonight that the UK is entering a full lockdown - as is currently in place in other countries including Italy and Spain.
User avatar
stickywicket
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:52 pm

epping blue wrote:Infection rate is probably starting to rise significantly. They have to do something.


Cases recorded from yesterday up by almost 1,000 ... Total to date 6,650 from 5,683 Sunday night .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 17361
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Jock wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I may be wrong but I was under the impression that a lockdown needed to be debated in the Commons before going before the House of Lords for the law to be passed. That is why I said on a previous post that I thought it would come into force either Wednesday or Friday. As I said I may be wrong about this and stand to be corrected as I am no expert on such matters.

Wouldn’t this fall under emergency powers?


Could well be the case Jock. As I said I don't a lot about this sort of stuff. I had assumed that it would be Wednesday or Friday but may well be earlier as I don't know how these emergency powers work. Thank you for your reply.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby LeonSDC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:12 pm

"Could be like living during the war"

I know for alot of people this would be obvious and was always coming, but a fair few on here took the P*** at me for saying that.

I wasn't wrong though. This is certainly going to get alot worse before it gets better.

I'm relieved though that this lockdown is happening, because finally we will start seeing improvements naturally with people staying inside. The "beat this in 12 weeks" campaign was always an ambitious one, and although I can see it taking a hell of alot longer than that, I personally see this lock-down being the beginning of the end of this virus, weather that's 12 weeks or 12 months, atleast it starts now.

It's been so demoralizing waiting and waiting to start ticking days off knowing full well we couldn't start counting down yet as people were not listening to the government. Now they have to. And the wait begins. We'll get through this IF the lockdown is as strict as I'm hoping... God I hope they sort this Self employed support out, that's the only way this lock down will be fully effective, otherwise you'll have people working still (Because they'll have to in order to maintain their house, bills, food, etc)
LeonSDC
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:56 am

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:37 pm

The sooner they do it the easier it will be in the long run, every day , every hour its getting worse not better. Something has to change and something which has been proven to work.

Antibody tests being rushed through as well as existing drug combinations for hiv / malaria .

What has to happen after all this is that China needs to told to sort it's self made mess out and close down the wet markets. Same goes for any South East Asian country.

From now - anything that says made in china / manufactured in china - I'll be putting it back on the shelf.
ReesWestonSuperMare
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jock wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I may be wrong but I was under the impression that a lockdown needed to be debated in the Commons before going before the House of Lords for the law to be passed. That is why I said on a previous post that I thought it would come into force either Wednesday or Friday. As I said I may be wrong about this and stand to be corrected as I am no expert on such matters.

Wouldn’t this fall under emergency powers?


Could well be the case Jock. As I said I don't a lot about this sort of stuff. I had assumed that it would be Wednesday or Friday but may well be earlier as I don't know how these emergency powers work. Thank you for your reply.


I was thinking the same as you Steve - As for what i think it could be more places shut down from tonight .
Also transport to be reduced - update on the protected stuff needed by the medics - figs and stats to date .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 17361
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
epping blue wrote:Infection rate is probably starting to rise significantly. They have to do something.

Agree.
When is the peak forecasted for?


Listening to various reports Carmarthen reckon it will peak in May
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:51 pm

It the only way to keep everyone safe.
Check Out:
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel
The ReaN Show Series 1-3
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
CardiffFanTV
User avatar
Sam ReaN
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jock wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I may be wrong but I was under the impression that a lockdown needed to be debated in the Commons before going before the House of Lords for the law to be passed. That is why I said on a previous post that I thought it would come into force either Wednesday or Friday. As I said I may be wrong about this and stand to be corrected as I am no expert on such matters.

Wouldn’t this fall under emergency powers?


Could well be the case Jock. As I said I don't a lot about this sort of stuff. I had assumed that it would be Wednesday or Friday but may well be earlier as I don't know how these emergency powers work. Thank you for your reply.


I was thinking the same as you Steve - As for what i think it could be more places shut down from tonight .
Also transport to be reduced - update on the protected stuff needed by the medics - figs and stats to date .



But doesn’t the Coronavirus Bill 2020 already cover that possibility??
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Foghorn65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Lockdown is the only option.
Foghorn65
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Sven » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 pm

LeonSDC wrote:"Could be like living during the war"

I know for alot of people this would be obvious and was always coming, but a fair few on here took the P*** at me for saying that.

I wasn't wrong though. This is certainly going to get alot worse before it gets better.

I'm relieved though that this lockdown is happening, because finally we will start seeing improvements naturally with people staying inside. The "beat this in 12 weeks" campaign was always an ambitious one, and although I can see it taking a hell of alot longer than that, I personally see this lock-down being the beginning of the end of this virus, weather that's 12 weeks or 12 months, atleast it starts now.

It's been so demoralizing waiting and waiting to start ticking days off knowing full well we couldn't start counting down yet as people were not listening to the government. Now they have to. And the wait begins. We'll get through this IF the lockdown is as strict as I'm hoping... God I hope they sort this Self employed support out, that's the only way this lock down will be fully effective, otherwise you'll have people working still (Because they'll have to in order to maintain their house, bills, food, etc)

They took the p**s because you were guesstimating without any more knowledge than any other 'bloke on the street'

I note your absence for a few days since and now you're back to say 'you told us so!'

I don't think so, fella and most of us (me included) have abided by the rules in place to date! ;)

Now, for those in the real world, lets see what Boris has to say, shall we and then comment...? :thumbright:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Jock » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:28 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Lockdown is the only option.

Absolutely too many retards out there who can’t be trusted to behave.
Jock
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Foghorn65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 pm

History judges those that act and respond at crucial times....Over to you, Boris
Foghorn65
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Boris laying it out from the start - all about figs and what is going to happen - Last Chance ...
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 17361
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:35 pm

NO Lockdown then - just more closer's as i thought ....With tighter rules .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 17361
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " UK to enter full lockdown from Monday night "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:43 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
epping blue wrote:Infection rate is probably starting to rise significantly. They have to do something.

Agree.
When is the peak forecasted for?


Listening to various reports Carmarthen reckon it will peak in May

Yes I just heard 8 weeks so I’d imagine mid to late May
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN LOCKDOWN "

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Anyone know what essential means in this case? Is it the work itself, or the travel involved. Doesn’t seem clear to me..
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN LOCKDOWN "

Postby Foghorn65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Fudging the issue. Define essential Boris
Foghorn65
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Sven » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:NO Lockdown then - just more closer's as i thought ....With tighter rules .

An effective 'lockdown', Tony, as there are tight limits and it would have been unreasonable not to expect 'some' people in each household not to go basic shopping and/or take 'some' exercise :thumbright:

I'd just like to say a very sarcastic "Thank You!" to all of those who mucked it up by being so selfish, uncaring and unthinking last weekend...

No need to name and shame, although I'm sure we all know some who did it, as they will know themselves (they were there, of course) and it is now for their consciences to dwell on and/or contemplate their part in screwing the nation over :cry:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN LOCKDOWN "

Postby Dobbin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Sorry to say but he has bottled it IMO to many grey areas and how are they going to police one exercise a day.

I really hope this break the back of it but I am not convinced. I am worried for family back home and all fellow Bluebirds.

Stay home - stay safe :ayatollah:
Last edited by Dobbin on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dobbin
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN LOCKDOWN "

Postby Foghorn65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 pm

As a delivery driver I am self employed and confused/ concerned if I'm a keyworker...
Foghorn65
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN LOCKDOWN "

Postby Sven » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Anyone know what essential means in this case? Is it the work itself, or the travel involved. Doesn’t seem clear to me..

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213697 :thumbright:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluebird1990, dogfound, Fordy_90, Google [Bot], lincoln blue and 50 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.