UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/09/21

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:06 pm

Jabs for young teenagers not recommended -

The UK's vaccine advisory body has refused to give the green light to vaccinating healthy children aged 12 to 15 years old on health grounds alone

As children are at such low risk from the virus, they decided that vaccination would offer only "marginal gain" and, therefore, there was "insufficient" evidence to offer mass vaccination for this age group. But the JCVI said the government could consider wider issues including disruption to schools.

PCR travel test providers face fresh crackdown -

Officials have opened an investigation into PCR testing firm Expert Medicals following complaints that Covid test results had not been provided on time or at all. The competition watchdog warned a further 19 firms about advertising misleading prices. It comes after a review that found customers often faced poor service, hidden fees and refund issue .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 21374
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/09/21

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby Canton Kev » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:21 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Do you wear a seatbelt when you;re driving?

A seatbelt doesn't stop you getting into a crash but severely lessens your chance of dying. And a seatbelt doesn't stop other drivers around you getting into crashes but can help you if they do.
Canton Kev
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:55 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Reduces severity of illness, reduces chances of catching, reduces chances of transmitting.

That’s all vaccines do. Can’t remove it fully.

The Delta is so virulent it’s needed.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:30 pm

maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Reduces severity of illness, reduces chances of catching, reduces chances of transmitting.

That’s all vaccines do. Can’t remove it fully.

The Delta is so virulent it’s needed.

I did actually state "a sharp mind", which makes me surprised that you, of all people, have responded.

On a side note, do you work for the Government, civil service or NHS? :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:49 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Reduces severity of illness, reduces chances of catching, reduces chances of transmitting.

That’s all vaccines do. Can’t remove it fully.

The Delta is so virulent it’s needed.

I did actually state "a sharp mind", which makes me surprised that you, of all people, have responded.

On a side note, do you work for the Government, civil service or NHS? :bluebird:


I mean you can’t face the fact that what I have stated is scientifically proven facts.

As for the sharp mind bollocks. A lion does not concern themselves with the opinion of sheep.

I agree with you regarding getting back to normal. Those that can have the jab who do not have the jab, I will regretfully read your stories of how you wish you had the vaccine after you end up in hospital with Covid. Those that can’t have the jab I really feel sorry for.

I don’t work for the government I work for The Queen. I volunteer as a vaccinator giving people the Covid jab as like you I want to get back to normal. Unlike you I don’t just flap my gums and prefer to try and do something to help to get there.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:35 pm

maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Reduces severity of illness, reduces chances of catching, reduces chances of transmitting.

That’s all vaccines do. Can’t remove it fully.

The Delta is so virulent it’s needed.

I did actually state "a sharp mind", which makes me surprised that you, of all people, have responded.

On a side note, do you work for the Government, civil service or NHS? :bluebird:


I mean you can’t face the fact that what I have stated is scientifically proven facts.

As for the sharp mind bollocks. A lion does not concern themselves with the opinion of sheep.

I agree with you regarding getting back to normal. Those that can have the jab who do not have the jab, I will regretfully read your stories of how you wish you had the vaccine after you end up in hospital with Covid. Those that can’t have the jab I really feel sorry for.

I don’t work for the government I work for The Queen. I volunteer as a vaccinator giving people the Covid jab as like you I want to get back to normal. Unlike you I don’t just flap my gums and prefer to try and do something to help to get there.

I will respond to your comments Mac (I hope you don't mind me calling you Mac btw?) on a line by line basis. Subsequently I will add my view on why people like you are causing more trouble than they are fixing.

Points 1, 2 and 3 are stating scientific facts......when I reached point 4 I was trying to make people think for themselves, which is now obviously a crime.

On your Lion point.......I'm glad you feel superior to us thinkers who wilt in the corner, or maybe we won't.

As for the rest of your fluff......we have different opinions. You think you are a needle warrior and all that is good comes out of your thumb pressure. I disagree and believe that you are causing more harm than you think you are fixing.

But hey ho........at least on this board we can differ in our opinions.......on YouTube we would have both been shut down a long time ago. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:09 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Reduces severity of illness, reduces chances of catching, reduces chances of transmitting.

That’s all vaccines do. Can’t remove it fully.

The Delta is so virulent it’s needed.

I did actually state "a sharp mind", which makes me surprised that you, of all people, have responded.

On a side note, do you work for the Government, civil service or NHS? :bluebird:


I mean you can’t face the fact that what I have stated is scientifically proven facts.

As for the sharp mind bollocks. A lion does not concern themselves with the opinion of sheep.

I agree with you regarding getting back to normal. Those that can have the jab who do not have the jab, I will regretfully read your stories of how you wish you had the vaccine after you end up in hospital with Covid. Those that can’t have the jab I really feel sorry for.

I don’t work for the government I work for The Queen. I volunteer as a vaccinator giving people the Covid jab as like you I want to get back to normal. Unlike you I don’t just flap my gums and prefer to try and do something to help to get there.

I will respond to your comments Mac (I hope you don't mind me calling you Mac btw?) on a line by line basis. Subsequently I will add my view on why people like you are causing more trouble than they are fixing.

Points 1, 2 and 3 are stating scientific facts......when I reached point 4 I was trying to make people think for themselves, which is now obviously a crime.

On your Lion point.......I'm glad you feel superior to us thinkers who wilt in the corner, or maybe we won't.

As for the rest of your fluff......we have different opinions. You think you are a needle warrior and all that is good comes out of your thumb pressure. I disagree and believe that you are causing more harm than you think you are fixing.

But hey ho........at least on this board we can differ in our opinions.......on YouTube we would have both been shut down a long time ago. :bluebird:


Causing more harm than good by vaccinating people? How in any world is that true?

You sound like an anti vaxxer there which is very dangerous type of sheep.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:53 pm

maccydee wrote:
Causing more harm than good by vaccinating people? How in any world is that true?

You sound like an anti vaxxer there which is very dangerous type of sheep.

If you have taken the time Mac, to read my previous posts, you will understand that I have had many vaccines in my lifetime.

When my parents, or I when I came of age, made those decisions, it was in the full knowledge that the drug had been tested, and worst case scenario we were indemnified. I did not feel like a guinea pig in an experimental stage of medicine.

So let me tell you how "in any world is that true". Just because the pharma companies, and then your Govt., and then scared older people, and then biased media, and then keyboard warriors tell you something is right........it may not be.

I will queue up for the jab, the 1st in line, when the pharma company indemnifies my family if something goes wrong. In the interim I will trust my own immune system. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/09/21

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Theres lots of people who trusted their beliefs to keep them safe unfortunately it failed them lets just hope their beliefs don't let them down..... But if do catch covid they can always say it's a big hoax made up by the worlds governments to keep the pheasants down.. Or could even blame a vaccinated person for giving it to them? But I wouldn't have thought they would blame themselves...:o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26081
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby Canton Kev » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Canton Kev wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Do you wear a seatbelt when you;re driving?

A seatbelt doesn't stop you getting into a crash but severely lessens your chance of dying. And a seatbelt doesn't stop other drivers around you getting into crashes but can help you if they do.


Well?
Canton Kev
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:37 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Causing more harm than good by vaccinating people? How in any world is that true?

You sound like an anti vaxxer there which is very dangerous type of sheep.

If you have taken the time Mac, to read my previous posts, you will understand that I have had many vaccines in my lifetime.

When my parents, or I when I came of age, made those decisions, it was in the full knowledge that the drug had been tested, and worst case scenario we were indemnified. I did not feel like a guinea pig in an experimental stage of medicine.

So let me tell you how "in any world is that true". Just because the pharma companies, and then your Govt., and then scared older people, and then biased media, and then keyboard warriors tell you something is right........it may not be.

I will queue up for the jab, the 1st in line, when the pharma company indemnifies my family if something goes wrong. In the interim I will trust my own immune system. :bluebird:


It was tested as well as science allows with the obvious need for expedition. Corners weren’t cut it was simply that phases of testing were overlapped due to the resources available because of the impact of the virus.

So who shall I listen to about the effectiveness and safety of this vaccine? The Scientists and Doctors and medical experts who are having it and recommending it or some clown on a message board?

I truly hope you don’t catch it and if you do your immune system fights it off. Sadly there are many who thought that and they can’t tell you they wished they had received the vaccine.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:44 pm

Canton Kev wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Do you wear a seatbelt when you;re driving?

A seatbelt doesn't stop you getting into a crash but severely lessens your chance of dying. And a seatbelt doesn't stop other drivers around you getting into crashes but can help you if they do.


Well?




In other words the vaccine is a total waste of billions of ££££££s and is just an excuse to fill the pockets of pharmaceutical companies... and despite what the figures tell people about having the vaccine that is just a load of bollocks and lies to make the government look good to the electorate ... mind you bit like Brexit there are millions of very gullible people in uk who fallen for
the government spin on covid and its dangers and are taken in by the lies and untruths their told :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26081
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Do you wear a seatbelt when you;re driving?

A seatbelt doesn't stop you getting into a crash but severely lessens your chance of dying. And a seatbelt doesn't stop other drivers around you getting into crashes but can help you if they do.


Well?




In other words the vaccine is a total waste of billions of ££££££s and is just an excuse to fill the pockets of pharmaceutical companies... and despite what the figures tell people about having the vaccine that is just a load of bollocks and lies to make the government look good to the electorate ... mind you bit like Brexit there are millions of very gullible people in uk who fallen for
the government spin on covid and its dangers and are taken in by the lies and untruths their told :old:


Do you really believe that?
maccydee
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/09/21

Postby Scoularite » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:04 pm

by TheHangedMan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:53 pm

maccydee wrote:

Causing more harm than good by vaccinating people? How in any world is that true?

You sound like an anti vaxxer there which is very dangerous type of sheep.

If you have taken the time Mac, to read my previous posts, you will understand that I have had many vaccines in my lifetime.

When my parents, or I when I came of age, made those decisions, it was in the full knowledge that the drug had been tested, and worst case scenario we were indemnified. I did not feel like a guinea pig in an experimental stage of medicine.

So let me tell you how "in any world is that true". Just because the pharma companies, and then your Govt., and then scared older people, and then biased media, and then keyboard warriors tell you something is right........it may not be.

I will queue up for the jab, the 1st in line, when the pharma company indemnifies my family if something goes wrong. In the interim I will trust my own immune system. :bluebird:


Do you or any member of your family have a flu jab, and if so have those pharmaceutical companies provided you with indemnity if something goes wrong?

While I hope it doesn't happen, if you or any unvaccinated member of your family were to contract covid in a serious manner as you had not been vaccinated, would you still expect to receive hospital treatment immediately, ahead of the many poor people needing cancer treatment or some other horrible/painful conditions already suffering because of hospitals struggling to deal with serious covid cases, even though your need for hospitalization would be due to your avoidance of the vaccination?
Scoularite
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/09/21

Postby Scoularite » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:36 am

Have almost answered one of my own questions above re the flu jab and indemnity as the following is an extract from Gov.uk and shows that there is a scheme called Vaccine Damage Payment for "severe disability."

Vaccine Damage Payment

Eligibility
You could get a payment if you’re severely disabled and your disability was caused by vaccination against any of the following diseases:

coronavirus (COVID-19)
diphtheria
haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
human papillomavirus
influenza, except for influenza caused by a pandemic influenza virus
measles
meningococcal group B (meningitis B)
meningococcal group C (meningitis C)
meningococcal group W (meningitis W)
mumps
pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 (swine flu) - up to 31 August 2010
pertussis (whooping cough)
pneumococcal infection
poliomyelitis
rotavirus
rubella (German measles)
smallpox - up to 1 August 1971
tetanus
tuberculosis (TB)


What counts as ‘severely disabled’
Disablement is worked out as a percentage, and ‘severe disablement’ means at least 60% disabled.

This could be a mental or physical disablement and will be based on medical evidence from the doctors or hospitals involved in your treatment.


This has been the only indemnity that I have found so far, and you can see that covid has the same cover as influenza.
Scoularite
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/08/21

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:31 pm

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I'm getting confused and would be grateful if a sharp mind with facts could enlighten me.

As I understand it:

1. A double jab does not stop me getting Covid.....but it does lessen the grief (but if I'm vulnerable I may still pass this mortal coil!).

2. A double jab does not stop me transmitting Covid (but we don't like to talk about that).

3. A double jab may not be sufficient to stop the 2 above (even though they stop nothing) so I may need a 3rd/4th/5th...to complete the non stopping!

4. If all of the above fail I'm likely to catch the latest variant (at present Covid 22 but that is still up for debate!)

Maybe it's better that we get on with life as normal and ignore the fearmongerers. :bluebird:


Do you wear a seatbelt when you;re driving?

A seatbelt doesn't stop you getting into a crash but severely lessens your chance of dying. And a seatbelt doesn't stop other drivers around you getting into crashes but can help you if they do.


Well?




In other words the vaccine is a total waste of billions of ££££££s and is just an excuse to fill the pockets of pharmaceutical companies... and despite what the figures tell people about having the vaccine that is just a load of bollocks and lies to make the government look good to the electorate ... mind you bit like Brexit there are millions of very gullible people in uk who fallen for
the government spin on covid and its dangers and are taken in by the lies and untruths their told :old:


Do you really believe that?



No I don't..... But you get impression that the anti Vaxers ect do believe it is a lie and a waste of money time and effort because it doesnt stop you getting the virus or dying of it.. :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26081
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/09/21

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:02 am

The Government is reported to be considering a firebreak lockdown in October, falling over the half-term, in a bid to bring coronavirus infections under control.

While the vaccine has resulted in many fewer deaths, and a lower rate of hospitalisations, the number of infections is much higher than at this time last year - when the UK went into another lockdown.

Deaths and hospitalisations are rising - with the weekly death rate just announced as being at a five-month high.
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 21444
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/09/21

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:58 am

Sven wrote:The Government is reported to be considering a firebreak lockdown in October, falling over the half-term, in a bid to bring coronavirus infections under control.

While the vaccine has resulted in many fewer deaths, and a lower rate of hospitalisations, the number of infections is much higher than at this time last year - when the UK went into another lockdown.

Deaths and hospitalisations are rising - with the weekly death rate just announced as being at a five-month high.


Yeah just read that and comes as no surprise to me.

We are just not getting it right but then again what is right. I read an article well back in the beginning where it was said we would need to be in lockdown for 2 years before we can manage the virus. I thing most readers of that article lost interest when that was written. The article went on to say even if we get it down to a manageable stage the chances of the Virus getting the upper hand again would be very high. It does not make for comfortable reading.

I can see us living in a world of Lockdown I really can. Well until we have a vaccine that kills the Virus off for good.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/09/21

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:35 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:The Government is reported to be considering a firebreak lockdown in October, falling over the half-term, in a bid to bring coronavirus infections under control.

While the vaccine has resulted in many fewer deaths, and a lower rate of hospitalisations, the number of infections is much higher than at this time last year - when the UK went into another lockdown.

Deaths and hospitalisations are rising - with the weekly death rate just announced as being at a five-month high.


Yeah just read that and comes as no surprise to me.

We are just not getting it right but then again what is right. I read an article well back in the beginning where it was said we would need to be in lockdown for 2 years before we can manage the virus. I thing most readers of that article lost interest when that was written. The article went on to say even if we get it down to a manageable stage the chances of the Virus getting the upper hand again would be very high. It does not make for comfortable reading.

I can see us living in a world of Lockdown I really can. Well until we have a vaccine that kills the Virus off for good.


There will never be a vaccine that kills it off for good. Best we can hope for is to manage it with current vaccines and hope they stop the pressure on the NHS which they seem to be doing at present.

Without vaccines they delta variant would have ripped through this country and there would have been a lot more deaths etc.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/09/21

Postby Scoularite » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:02 am

by maccydee » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:35 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
The Government is reported to be considering a firebreak lockdown in October, falling over the half-term, in a bid to bring coronavirus infections under control.

While the vaccine has resulted in many fewer deaths, and a lower rate of hospitalisations, the number of infections is much higher than at this time last year - when the UK went into another lockdown.

Deaths and hospitalisations are rising - with the weekly death rate just announced as being at a five-month high.


Yeah just read that and comes as no surprise to me.

We are just not getting it right but then again what is right. I read an article well back in the beginning where it was said we would need to be in lockdown for 2 years before we can manage the virus. I thing most readers of that article lost interest when that was written. The article went on to say even if we get it down to a manageable stage the chances of the Virus getting the upper hand again would be very high. It does not make for comfortable reading.

I can see us living in a world of Lockdown I really can. Well until we have a vaccine that kills the Virus off for good.


There will never be a vaccine that kills it off for good. Best we can hope for is to manage it with current vaccines and hope they stop the pressure on the NHS which they seem to be doing at present.

Without vaccines they delta variant would have ripped through this country and there would have been a lot more deaths etc.


Totally agree. The flu virus has been around since before even I was a kid and it just mutates year after year. I believe that is how a virus keeps going. If it was part of an experiment in a lab they could probably kill it off, but a "normal" virus goes worldwide, so there is pretty much no chance of killing it all.
Scoularite
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/09/21

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:38 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:The Government is reported to be considering a firebreak lockdown in October, falling over the half-term, in a bid to bring coronavirus infections under control.

While the vaccine has resulted in many fewer deaths, and a lower rate of hospitalisations, the number of infections is much higher than at this time last year - when the UK went into another lockdown.

Deaths and hospitalisations are rising - with the weekly death rate just announced as being at a five-month high.


Yeah just read that and comes as no surprise to me.

We are just not getting it right but then again what is right. I read an article well back in the beginning where it was said we would need to be in lockdown for 2 years before we can manage the virus. I thing most readers of that article lost interest when that was written. The article went on to say even if we get it down to a manageable stage the chances of the Virus getting the upper hand again would be very high. It does not make for comfortable reading.

I can see us living in a world of Lockdown I really can. Well until we have a vaccine that kills the Virus off for good.

Ian, you are correct and it is a no-win situation regarding Covid

Everyone seems to have a different view based (often) on the confusion and misinformation that out there and it's not always deliberate; the 'known' information changes as rapidly as the virus itself

I read often on here the same people throwing out the same (often outdated) opinions without the freedom of thinking to change their minds/views when the evidence does

Personally, I'm for the vaccine, the same way as I am for the 'flu jab. To me, it makes sense, if the likelihood is that it will reduce (not necessarily eliminate at this stage) the chances of contracting the disease and then, if you do, reduce greatly its severity

Anyone who deals with H&S will know the acronym ERICPD and it's a logical basis on which to deal with Covid
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 21444
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 09/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:09 pm

Premier League: Clubs hopeful players will be cleared to play this weekend -

Premier League clubs are hopeful their players will be available this weekend despite four nations triggering a rule to prevent them from playing.

Players who did not travel after being called up by Brazil, Mexico, Paraguay and Chile have been banned for five days under Fifa regulations.

Officials are in talks with Fifa to try and find a way round the issue.

Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Leeds, Chelsea, Wolves, Newcastle and Watford are affected.

Eight players from five clubs have been affected by Brazil's decision alone, which follows a similar move by Mexico, Paraguay and Chile last week.

Brazil invoked the bans after the Premier League stopped players from appearing for their country if it meant travel to red list countries.

Players travelling to red list countries would have had to miss several games on their return because of the 10-day isolation period required under UK rules.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 21374
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 10/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:36 am

Scotland to launch vaccine passports on 1 October -

People in Scotland will need proof they have been fully vaccinated before they can enter nightclubs and many large events from 1 October.

The vaccine passport plan was formally approved by Holyrood after the SNP and Greens voted in favour.

Some businesses have complained of a lack of detail about how the scheme will work in practice.

The proposals were opposed by the Conservatives, Labour and Liberal Democrats.

Deputy First Minister John Swinney said the system would reduce the risk of transmission and help prevent venues - many of which have only recently reopened - from having to close again due to Covid.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 21374
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 11/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:12 am

Covid: Wales vaccine passport decision due next week -

Ministers will decide next week if vaccine passports should be used to gain entry to some events in Wales, the first minister has said.

Mark Drakeford also said there could be as many as 100 new Covid hospital admissions a day in Wales as the Delta wave peaks at the end of this month.

People will need passports for some events in Scotland from 1 October and in England from the end of this month.

Mr Drakeford said rising rates meant it would be irresponsible not to consider.

"There are a number of practical and ethical issues that need to be considered in relation to vaccine certification, and we continue to work through those," said Mr Drakeford.

"We will not do that in any setting where people have no choice but to go, so there will be no vaccine passports for people who need to go to use crucial public services."
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 21374
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/09/21

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:33 pm

Expanation of how MRNA jabs cause blood claots.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/acTDRAych9LP/

Frightening.
User avatar
C. Rombie-Coat
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/09/21

Postby Canton Kev » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:27 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Expanation of how MRNA jabs cause blood claots.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/acTDRAych9LP/

Frightening.


Explanation of how Covid-19 causes blood clots*

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... bloodclots

Also, BitChute? C’mon, really?
Canton Kev
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/09/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 pm

UK-wide booster jab plan expected on Tuesday -

A UK-wide programme of booster jabs to help prevent Covid will be confirmed on Tuesday, the BBC understands.

Ministers are expected to announce jabs for the over-50s as part of their Covid Winter Plan, after advice from the independent vaccine panel, the JCVI.

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the booster would be a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine at least six months after a second dose.

The NHS began preparing for the booster programme in July.

But the government has been waiting for recommendations from the JVCI on who should receive the extra doses before announcing more details.

The BBC understands the booster programme will be similar to the interim proposals published by the vaccine experts in June - which suggested jabs should go to the over 70s and those most at risk first, before expanding to all adults aged over 50.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 21374
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/09/21

Postby Bluebina » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:47 am

Just 59 Covid deaths this year among people who weren’t ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ and double-jabbed!!!!

Around 99pc of victims had not had two doses, but as Telegraph's Science Editor explains, three jabs are unlikely to bring a benefit.


https://headtopics.com/uk/just-59-covid ... d-21767745
Bluebina
 
Posts: 12054
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/09/21

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm

According to the ONS figures released yesterday, just 59 people who were healthy before contracting coronavirus of the 51,289 that died in 2021 in UK up to July, were double vaccinated. The UK government briefing earlier today showed a similar continuation of this pattern throughout the summer months.

During the early days of the second lockdown, a few anti-covid vax people frequently criticized the government policies on lockdowns etc preventing people from attending hospitals for treatments of other serious medical issues.

Perhaps those same people might consider the fact that the majority of those taking up hospital beds and dying from covid in recent months and taking up valuable NHS resources in our hospitals are the unvaccinated.
MR BIRCHGROVE
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/09/21

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:24 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:According to the ONS figures released yesterday, just 59 people who were healthy before contracting coronavirus of the 51,289 that died in 2021 in UK up to July, were double vaccinated. The UK government briefing earlier today showed a similar continuation of this pattern throughout the summer months.

During the early days of the second lockdown, a few anti-covid vax people frequently criticized the government policies on lockdowns etc preventing people from attending hospitals for treatments of other serious medical issues.

Perhaps those same people might consider the fact that the majority of those taking up hospital beds and dying from covid in recent months and taking up valuable NHS resources in our hospitals are the unvaccinated.



Another equation to this is because higher percentage of people are double vaccinated it can appear that more are dying than non vaccinated which obviously is a distortion used by dome to vindicate not having vaccination...
Ps PCR tests look to be scrapped in England soon being replaced by lateral flow tests.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26081
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 64Ninian, Google [Bot] and 290 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.