ffs

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/02/22

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 15/02/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:11 am

Covid: 95% of Hywel Dda patients in hospital for other things -

More than 90% of patients with Covid in hospitals in two health boards in Wales are being treated mainly for other conditions, new figures show.

Only two of the 40 patients (5%) with confirmed Covid in Hywel Dda - covering Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire - were "actively" being treated for the virus on Friday.

At Aneurin Bevan health board, that was five out of 66 patients (or 8%).

Meanwhile, Covid admissions are their lowest levels since August.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 17/02/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:51 am

England to offer Covid jab to five to 11-year-olds -

Children aged between five and 11 in England will be offered a low-dose Covid vaccine, the government says.

Official scientific advice concludes the move would help protect the "very small" number of children who become seriously ill with Covid.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid says the rollout will be "non-urgent", with an emphasis on parental choice.

Northern Ireland also said on Wednesday it will be following Wales and Scotland in offering young children the vaccine.

Children are at a much lower risk of becoming severely ill from a Covid infection, so the health benefits of vaccinating them are smaller than in other age-groups. Also, many will have some protection from already having caught the virus.

So the scientists on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which advises governments across the UK, have been weighing up the evidence for immunising five to 11-year-olds.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 17/02/22

Postby RonaldStump » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:02 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:England to offer Covid jab to five to 11-year-olds -

Children aged between five and 11 in England will be offered a low-dose Covid vaccine, the government says.

Official scientific advice concludes the move would help protect the "very small" number of children who become seriously ill with Covid.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid says the rollout will be "non-urgent", with an emphasis on parental choice.

Northern Ireland also said on Wednesday it will be following Wales and Scotland in offering young children the vaccine.

Children are at a much lower risk of becoming severely ill from a Covid infection, so the health benefits of vaccinating them are smaller than in other age-groups. Also, many will have some protection from already having caught the virus.

So the scientists on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which advises governments across the UK, have been weighing up the evidence for immunising five to 11-year-olds.

Criminal behaviour!! The narrative is crumbling and they are still trying to kill our kids.
Big jail coming for rats behind the fraud
RonaldStump

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/02/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:21 am

Covid isolation laws set to end in England -

The legal requirement to self-isolate after catching Covid in England is expected to be dropped from next week - as part of a "living with Covid" plan.

All remaining virus restrictions in the country are set to end in the coming days, Downing Street said.

Currently, positive or symptomatic people must isolate for up to 10 days.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the vaccine had changed the outlook, but Labour warned against "declaring victory before the war is over".

Some scientists and charities helping vulnerable people have also expressed concern at plans to lift restrictions while Covid infections are widespread.

Mr Johnson said the decision could be taken as a result of "strong protections against this virus over the past two years through the vaccine rollouts, tests, new treatments, and the best scientific understanding of what this virus can do".

He said the UK was in a position to set out a plan for living with Covid "thanks to our successful vaccination programme and the sheer magnitude of people who have come forward to be jabbed".
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 23/02/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:00 am

Covid in Scotland: All legal restrictions to end on 21 March -

Scotland's legal Covid-19 restrictions, including the wearing of face coverings, will end on 21 March.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said people would still be advised to wear masks in shops and on public transport.

But all legal restrictions on people and businesses will end as part of an effort to "return to a normal way of life".

Meanwhile, the country's vaccine passport scheme will end on 28 February.

The plan is part of a new strategic framework the government has drawn up for dealing with the pandemic in the future.

Ms Sturgeon said it would see Scotland move away from legal restrictions, relying instead on vaccines, treatments and "good public health behaviours".
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 27/02/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:15 am

Covid in Wales: Religious groups back masks despite law change -

Religious leaders across Wales have said worshippers are welcome to keep wearing face masks despite changes in the law.

From Monday the requirement to wear face coverings will be removed from most indoor public places, apart from retail, public transport and health and care settings.

But some religious leaders will still encourage congregations to wear masks to stop Covid-19 spreading.

The Welsh government decision came as virus levels continue to drop.

Although there is a general welcome to the improving picture, some concerns remain.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:04 am

Covid in Wales: Mass testing pandemic rules to be axed -

Wales is to scrap its remaining Covid restrictions and end free mass testing under plans announced on Friday.

Legal rules on wearing masks and self-isolation are expected to end on 28 March.

From the same date, most people with symptoms will no longer be able to get PCR tests, and free lateral flow tests (LFTs) will end from June.

The country will be the last part of the UK to totally lift its coronavirus restrictions.

While it will no longer be law to wear masks or self-isolate if people have coronavirus when rules end, First Minister Mark Drakeford said people would be advised to do so.

Welsh Conservatives called for restrictions to be lifted now, but Mark Drakeford said he would not "throw away" an approach he said had the public's support.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:09 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid in Wales: Mass testing pandemic rules to be axed -

Wales is to scrap its remaining Covid restrictions and end free mass testing under plans announced on Friday.

Legal rules on wearing masks and self-isolation are expected to end on 28 March.

From the same date, most people with symptoms will no longer be able to get PCR tests, and free lateral flow tests (LFTs) will end from June.

The country will be the last part of the UK to totally lift its coronavirus restrictions.

While it will no longer be law to wear masks or self-isolate if people have coronavirus when rules end, First Minister Mark Drakeford said people would be advised to do so.

Welsh Conservatives called for restrictions to be lifted now, but Mark Drakeford said he would not "throw away" an approach he said had the public's support.

It's amazing how quickly covid has been forgotten, I bought petrol Saturday forgot the mask, I would normally wear in a shop just to make the very old or vulnerable feel safe, none of the seven people behind me had one.

It's strange it seemed like one week there were strict rules, now it's completely gone and we can worry about the War, and price of petrol and gas from now on.
Bluebina

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/03/22

Postby neathbluebird » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:24 am

Yes got to get priorities right..there nearly 2 million refugees from Ukraine coming in to the neighbouring countries Poland; Hungary;Slovakia;Romania;Moldova..previously there were all sorts of restrictions to get in to these countries because of so called dangers of covid but quite rightly they are all allowed in regardless.As covid has evolved the strains have become increasingly milder & omicron was little more than the common cold...The UK govt has finally acknowledged this with all restrictions now lifted..except of course for Wales where drakeford will not be falling in line until the end of the month..this is in my opinion justdrakefords ego that he can decide whatever he wants for Wales regardless of what the rest of UK does...
neathbluebird

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 10/03/22

Postby maccydee » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 am

As people’s immunity wanes (5-6 months after booster) we will soon realise that it’s still a thing. We will also have a nationwide mad push to get people jabbed.

We will also soon realise how effective the vaccines are.
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:46 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid in Wales: Mass testing pandemic rules to be axed -

Drakeford only interested in conning people into believe hes been right and boris was wrong so that he can get labour realected next time... but!! The scary thing is either Morgan or Jones will be new leader bit like having the 3 monkeys sitting on the fence "seeing hearing and speaking"...
pembroke allan

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:01 pm

Some of you may have heard about the Pfizer documents disclosure in the USA. Essentially these show that they knew full well that there were many possible adverse side effects of the MNRA gene therapy including blood clots Myocarditis etc and lots of others (six pages worth if I remember correctly).

Dr John Campbell who has been pro-'vax' throughout and has a large online following has seen these papers and finally realises the ugly truth has been concealed and what this means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YOD9drZasM
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:12 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Some of you may have heard about the Pfizer documents disclosure in the USA. Essentially these show that they knew full well that there were many possible adverse side effects of the MNRA gene therapy including blood clots Myocarditis etc and lots of others (six pages worth if I remember correctly).

Dr John Campbell who has been pro-'vax' throughout and has a large online following has seen these papers and finally realises the ugly truth has been concealed and what this means:

Thanks for sharing the truth CR, unfortunately this is what we feared.

If I understood the figures correctly approximately 1,400 died of the vaccine, out of a redacted number of participants, in only 2 months (Dec 20 - Jan 21).

Why was this not in the public domain......? Mmmmm :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby maccydee » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:54 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Some of you may have heard about the Pfizer documents disclosure in the USA. Essentially these show that they knew full well that there were many possible adverse side effects of the MNRA gene therapy including blood clots Myocarditis etc and lots of others (six pages worth if I remember correctly).

If I understood the figures correctly approximately 1,400 died of the vaccine, out of a redacted number of participants, in only 2 months (Dec 20 - Jan 21).

If 1400 people died from having the vaccine it would be in the public domain.
maccydee

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/03/22

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:15 pm

I twisted my ankle 2 days after getting my booster so obviously the booster caused it according to some.

No idea why people persist with these crazy theories.
Welshman in CA

Postby Large Arge » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:42 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

What do you mean the data is redacted? By the end of Jan 9million people had their first dose and 500k had both. At the start of Jan it was 2mil first doses and ~350k double dosed.
Large Arge

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

If 1400 people died from having the vaccine it would be in the public domain.

Indeed, one would obviously believe that those figures would have been put in the public domain at the time of internal publication... circa Mar 2021. For some reason they were not!! I wonder why......

I understand Maccy that you are emotionally invested in these vaccines as you have been helping the community receive them. I guess my question is.....Do you still believe they are worth it, on a risk benefit analysis basis?

P.S. It was only 1,223 who died from the vaccine in 3 months, not 2 months, my mistake. The court has ordered (why did we need a court order for truth) that rolling documents have to be produced by Pfizer until all documents are disclosed. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/03/22

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:51 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I twisted my ankle 2 days after getting my booster so obviously the booster caused it according to some.

No idea why people persist with these crazy theories.

Yet again you missed the facts.....these "crazy theories" of deaths and adverse reactions have been forced into the public domain by court order. They are a fact admitted by Pfizer. You have watched the 20 minute link right? Or are you just espousing your own deep held belief? :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:58 pm

Large Arge wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

What do you mean the data is redacted? By the end of Jan 9million people had their first dose and 500k had both. At the start of Jan it was 2mil first doses and ~350k double dosed.

The official Pfizer document that was provided to the Court didn't state the number of vaccinations given, for some inexplicable reason. If I am wrong I would be grateful for a link to the figures you quote. :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby Large Arge » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:08 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Large Arge wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

The official Pfizer document that was provided to the Court didn't state the number of vaccinations given, for some inexplicable reason. If I am wrong I would be grateful for a link to the figures you quote. :bluebird:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/ ... ed-kingdom

The numbers from both line up with eachother. Also googling “UK Covid vaccination” should give you a front page graph showing the distribution over time. Again, matching the previous links.

Who told you the data was redacted?
Large Arge

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Large Arge wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Large Arge wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/ ... ed-kingdom

The numbers from both line up with eachother. Also googling “UK Covid vaccination” should give you a front page graph showing the distribution over time. Again, matching the previous links.

Who told you the data was redacted?

You're talking at cross purposes here lads.

Hanged Man is referring to a document relating to usage of the Pfizer vaccine. This document was released only after a Texas court ordered the FDA to release after the court received a Freedom of Information Act request.

That document is here - https://phmpt.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... rience.pdf

This shows adverse events reporting from December 1st to February 28th 2020. There were 42K adverse reactions, and of these 1223 were fatal.

Regarding the total number of doses of the vaccine from this same study the report is redacted. If you look at page six of the report under section 3.1.1 General Overview it reads:

It is estimated that approximately ______ doses of BNT162b2 were shipped worldwide from the receipt of the first temporary authorisation for emergency supply on 01 December 2020 through 28 February 2021.

Why it is redacted is as much of a mystery as why data like this needed a FOIA request and a court order to be published, but there you are it is what it is, come to your own conclusions.

Large Arge your referring to total UK numbers which would have (I assume included all vaccines brands not just Pfizer and would have been limited to UK wheras the report HM is referring to has international data something like 50 countries.)

For our dear Californian Welshman - firstly I hope you are well young man, although a thought struck me that CA could just as easily be Calgary as California so my apologies if I've always got that wrong!

Just a note to your point about no idea why people persist with crazy stories I would politely suggest that the answer is simply because the problem with truth, is it always tries to find its way out, no matter how much powerful people try to suppress it.

As Ghandi once put it:

first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you and then you win.

This really isn't some fringe conspiracy, being peddled here. These are official documents, very official in fact and very real.

They come from the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and reveal something that as Maccy rightly points out all of us would have thought would be in the public domain because they reveal important information that individuals and indeed governments should have known if they were to make a balanced decision on whether on a personal level one was to take a medical procedure or not, at the governmental level, whether it is acceptable to coerce and in some countries even mandate such a procedure be taken.

You would think, like Maccy, like all of us, if there were 1200 deaths related to the Pfizer vaccine in the first three months of its roll out, documents that showed this would have been in the public domain. but they were not.

Again why it took a FOIA request and a court order to bring these documents to the public domain and why the total number of doses this period covers remain important questions.

Just for reference, the organisation (Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency) that submitted the FOIA request house a number of similar documents and outline their legal case against Pfizer on their site which is https://phmpt.org/.

These documents are not light reading some of it you need a PHD just to understand the contents table!

However, a quick scroll through the members of the organisations which is some 650 odd people all with impressive letters after their names and job titles like:

• Former WHO-PAHO and US Health and Human Services (HHS) evidence-synthesis consultant/senior COVID Pandemic advisor
  • Professor of Global Health, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Associate Professor of Viral Immunology, Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Ontario
  • Professor of Genetics, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom

should give you an idea who comprise of this group though, and they are far from your flat earth tin-foil crowd.

The video Mr Coat linked earlier really does give a good overview of what this document reveals It should also be noted that Dr. John Campbell, is not only exceptionally well credentialled, but has been consistently pro-vaccination throughout his analysis which he began posting daily throughout the pandemic.

To be fair he is everything the Corporate Media should be. Detached, analytical and questioning but as someone who has followed his work for a fair while, I imagine this video was probably hard for him to make, as it goes against his own beliefs and understanding. Yet he still approached it with the same methodical and analytical approach he applies to everything. It is well worth a watch.

In fact I'll even go to the effort of putting it in the post below to save anyone having to head over to Youtube directly.

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 15/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:06 am

Covid: Wales agrees to end pandemic border rules -

Welsh Health Minister Eluned Morgan has agreed to follow the UK government in scrapping the remaining Covid border measures.

Rules requiring unvaccinated people to take tests, and for travellers to fill in passenger location forms, will end.

But Ms Morgan said Wales was ending the restrictions "reluctantly" and was "extremely disappointed" the UK government was ditching them.

The UK government was asked for comment.

At the moment everyone travelling to the UK must complete a passenger locator form before they arrive.

Travellers who are not fully vaccinated have to take a Covid test before departure, fill in the form, and book and pay for a PCR test after arriving.

The UK government plan is to end the rules at 04:00 GMT on Friday.

Transport Minister Grant Shapps tweeted: "These changes are possible due to our vaccine rollout and mean greater freedom in time for Easter."
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 17/03/22

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:52 am

"But Ms Morgan said Wales was ending the restrictions "reluctantly" and was "extremely disappointed" the UK government was ditching them."

Of course she was disappointed, because the focus is now not on Covid.....it has moved to why, how and what the WA did during the pandemic crisis. They will not come up smelling of roses and, unfortunately for Dripford, all vestiges of power have now gone.

Toss up between him and McCranky for "Biggest Power Grab Fail Ever". I'd call it a draw.

The truth will always come out, so let's see the "science" that these small town despots relied on to curtail our freedoms? :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby maccydee » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:37 am

With regards to the deaths from Pfizer. I’m not going to look at the whole video but I asked the question yesterday and was told that while in the UK we have strict measures to prevent deaths (not giving Pfizer to people with allergies to the symptoms for example) in many countries this doesn’t happen so that is one possible explanation.

I daresay the Pfizer vaccine saved a lot more lives than it cost.
maccydee

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:29 pm

maccydee wrote:With regards to the deaths from Pfizer. I’m not going to look at the whole video but I asked the question yesterday and was told that while in the UK we have strict measures to prevent deaths (not giving Pfizer to people with allergies to the symptoms for example) in many countries this doesn’t happen so that is one possible explanation.

You, and the person you spoke to, may well be right Maccy. On the upside the hysteria has dropped to normal conversation mode.

The main problem I, and many others, have is "Why was this data not available 1-3 months after the event?" When it comes to public health I would have thought that this would be a priority to help us useless plebs make an informed decision.

As I said, the truth will always come out, whether it be months, years or decades later. I suspect the MSM and most citizens will not want to engage, as it is not helpful to them to know the real truth of what happened IN HINDSIGHT!

Unfortunately, the real casualty here is the TRUTH. So many middle roaders I know will no longer believe the MSM, which is a real shame, but inevitable after the false flag "follow the science" claims made by our Govt. and peddled incessantly by the MSM :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby maccydee » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:13 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
maccydee wrote:With regards to the deaths from Pfizer. I’m not going to look at the whole video but I asked the question yesterday and was told that while in the UK we have strict measures to prevent deaths (not giving Pfizer to people with allergies to the symptoms for example) in many countries this doesn’t happen so that is one possible explanation.

You, and the person you spoke to, may well be right Maccy. On the upside the hysteria has dropped to normal conversation mode.

The main problem I, and many others, have is "Why was this data not available 1-3 months after the event?" When it comes to public health I would have thought that this would be a priority to help us useless plebs make an informed decision.

As I said, the truth will always come out, whether it be months, years or decades later. I suspect the MSM and most citizens will not want to engage, as it is not helpful to them to know the real truth of what happened IN HINDSIGHT!

Unfortunately, the real casualty here is the TRUTH. So many middle roaders I know will no longer believe the MSM, which is a real shame, but inevitable after the false flag "follow the science" claims made by our Govt. and peddled incessantly by the MSM :bluebird:

Very well put.
maccydee

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 19/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:48 am

Covid: Rise in UK infections driven by BA.2 Omicron variant -

Covid cases have continued to rise in the UK, with an estimated one in every 20 people infected, figures from the Office for National Statistic suggest.

All age groups are affected, including the 75s and over, who are due a spring booster jab to top up protection.

Hospital cases are also rising, but vaccines are still helping to stop many severe cases, say experts.

An easily spread sub-variant of Omicron, called BA.2, is now causing most cases.

Recent easing of restrictions and waning immunity from the vaccines could be factors behind the rise too.

Record high - - -

Scotland has seen infection levels rise for seven weeks in a row. They have now reached a new record high, with 376,300 people estimated to have had Covid last week, or one in 14.

Infection rates across the nations were:

England: 4.9%, up from 3.8% last week - approximately one in 25 people
Wales: 4.1%, up from 3.2% last week - approximately one in 25 people
Northern Ireland: 7.1% , down from 7.8% last week - approximately one in 14 people
Scotland: 7.15% up from 5.7% last week - approximately one in 14 people
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:19 am

Where in the UK still has Covid restrictions ?

Most Covid restrictions are coming to an end in the UK this month, although Scotland is keeping face mask rules in place for now.
All remaining international travel restrictions - including the requirement to complete passenger locator forms - have also been scrapped.

How are the rules changing in Wales?
Wales expects to scrap all remaining Covid restrictions from 28 March, but will maintain some testing measures until July.

PCR tests will no longer be freely available for the general public
LFTs will be available online for free - but only for testing people who have symptoms
people will be advised to get an LFT if they have symptoms and isolate if positive
contact tracing will continue

From the end of June:

LFTs will cease to be available for testing people with symptoms
contact tracing and self-isolation support payments will end
self-isolation guidance will be changed to advise take additional precautions when ill, such as staying at home if possible
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:40 pm

Covid in Wales: Face mask and isolation rules could be extended

People may be legally required to wear face masks in shops beyond 28 March

Wales' first minister is not ruling out keeping the country's remaining Covid restrictions beyond their expiry date of next Monday.

Mark Drakeford's comments to BBC Wales come as Covid rates rise across the UK.

Face mask rules in shops, and Wales' self-isolation law, were planned to be axed on 28 March.

But the first minister said it was a "challenging decision" whether to go ahead.

"Up until last week we had more or less eight weeks in a row with the numbers moving in the right direction and that formed the backcloth to the hope that on the 28 March we could lift all restrictions," he said.

He said cabinet had decided to wait for more data later in the week before it made a decision.

Asked if options are still open, he replied: "They have to be I think."

The Welsh Covid law requires shoppers, users of buses and trains and visitors to hospitals to wear a face covering.

Scotland had planned to scrap its face covering legislation on 21 March but has now held off until at least 4 April.

Covid infections in Wales have begun to rise in the last couple of weeks, according to a weekly swab survey.

Last week's Office of National Statistics infection survey suggested that 125,400 people had Covid in the week ending 12 March - up on the previous week's estimate of 97,900.

PCR test figures have also increased - from around 156 per 100,000 people at the end of February to 334.5 on Monday, with an increase in the positivity rate from around 21% to 32.4%.

On 17 March there was a rolling average of 633 hospital patients with confirmed Covid in Wales, a rise of 33% a week ago.

Only 99 of the patients in acute beds were being primarily treated for the virus.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat