UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 19/05/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:52 pm

I had it a month ago for the first time, almost every one I know has had it in the last three months, looks like the strategy now is heard immunity through vaccinations then letting everyone catch it, for even stronger immunity.

Seems like the end unless Zulu is a rea bad one!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 12513
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 25/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:37 pm

Covid: Wales' mask law to end in shops, but not NHS -

Wales is to press ahead with scrapping self-isolation rules and the legal requirement to wear a mask in shops, buses and trains on Monday.

In response to rising cases, driven by a sub-type of Omicron, the Welsh government said it would keep some, but not all, of its remaining Covid rules.

Companies will still be expected to asses the risk of Covid in their workplaces and take precautions.

But face coverings will only be legally required in health and social care.

The decision has sparked concern among some experts and Plaid Cymru's leader Adam Price, over the possibility of new variants in the future.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 26/03/22

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:42 pm

Unfortunately, this will not get any better, as the truth drips out it will only get worse. But hey......what do I know? Make your own minds up....link below. :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLxhFiOBYk

P.S. The BMJ is described by wiki as follows:

The BMJ is a weekly peer-reviewed medical trade journal, published by the trade union the British Medical Association. The BMJ has editorial freedom from the BMA. It is one of the world's oldest general medical journals.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:I had it a month ago for the first time, almost every one I know has had it in the last three months, looks like the strategy now is heard immunity through vaccinations then letting everyone catch it, for even stronger immunity.

Seems like the end unless Zulu is a rea bad one!

I agree with most of your observations, although I think covid will be with us for the foreseeable future. So it may be the end of restrictions in Wales for the time being, but far from the end of the virus itself.
I can't help but smile at the recent posts still doubting the credibility of the vaccines. It's almost as if David Icke himself occasionally uses this site to slag off the vaccines that have helped to get us out of the mess we were in. Laughable! :lol:
MR BIRCHGROVE
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:23 pm

Rules on free lateral flow and PCR Covid tests published -

Free Covid tests will still be available for some groups, including NHS staff caring directly for patients, the government has confirmed as it winds down the service for the public.

From 1 April, most people will have to pay for a lateral flow test in England.

It is part of the government's 'living with Covid' plan, although levels of the virus are high, with an estimated one in 16 people infected in the UK.

Some free testing will continue during April in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

In Wales the cut-off is July.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:39 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I had it a month ago for the first time, almost every one I know has had it in the last three months, looks like the strategy now is heard immunity through vaccinations then letting everyone catch it, for even stronger immunity.

Seems like the end unless Zulu is a rea bad one!

I agree with most of your observations, although I think covid will be with us for the foreseeable future. So it may be the end of restrictions in Wales for the time being, but far from the end of the virus itself.
I can't help but smile at the recent posts still doubting the credibility of the vaccines. It's almost as if David Icke himself occasionally uses this site to slag off the vaccines that have helped to get us out of the mess we were in. Laughable! :lol:


Yeah those guys at the BMJ are a right bunch of tin foil hat wearing loons. And don't get me started on the FDA - they see lizard people everywhere - make old Ickey look sane.

:D
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:59 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I had it a month ago for the first time, almost every one I know has had it in the last three months, looks like the strategy now is heard immunity through vaccinations then letting everyone catch it, for even stronger immunity.

Seems like the end unless Zulu is a rea bad one!

I agree with most of your observations, although I think covid will be with us for the foreseeable future. So it may be the end of restrictions in Wales for the time being, but far from the end of the virus itself.
I can't help but smile at the recent posts still doubting the credibility of the vaccines. It's almost as if David Icke himself occasionally uses this site to slag off the vaccines that have helped to get us out of the mess we were in. Laughable! :lol:


Yeah those guys at the BMJ are a right bunch of tin foil hat wearing loons. And don't get me started on the FDA - they see lizard people everywhere - make old Ickey look sane.

:D



What people mustn't forget is that there are organisations.. laboratories ... individuals ect ect who've made millions out of this pandemic and who want it to keep going because funds will dry up.... garauntee those organisations who speak out against vaccines have a vested interest in making money out of pandemic.. :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:32 pm

Covid: Sacked test centre staff 'thrown to wolves' -

Covid test centre staff in Wales say they have been "thrown to the wolves", with some given just days' notice that their jobs would disappear.

All PCR testing sites in Wales will close on Thursday amid plans to move beyond the Covid emergency response.

Staff say the support in finding new work has also been "too little, too late" and was a "token gesture".

Wales' health minister has said the sites needed to close because the UK government has cut funding for them.

As of last month, there were nine mass testing centres in Wales, 20 local testing units, 19 mobile testing sites and a number of community test units operated by local health boards.

Some of the staff have have worked at the test centres for nearly two years.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:37 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Sacked test centre staff 'thrown to wolves' -

Covid test centre staff in Wales say they have been "thrown to the wolves", with some given just days' notice that their jobs would disappear.

All PCR testing sites in Wales will close on Thursday amid plans to move beyond the Covid emergency response.

Staff say the support in finding new work has also been "too little, too late" and was a "token gesture".

Wales' health minister has said the sites needed to close because the UK government has cut funding for them.

As of last month, there were nine mass testing centres in Wales, 20 local testing units, 19 mobile testing sites and a number of community test units operated by local health boards.

Some of the staff have have worked at the test centres for nearly two years.

Mmmm......so they are not happy about an "industry" that kicked off circa 2 years ago (that never existed prior) now being, quite rightly in my opinion, shut down!

What about the small businesses that have been shut down over the last couple of years, having to let employees go, through no fault of their own? What about the self employed sole traders, with no employees, having to close and beg for furlough scraps - in the form of grants and loans, based on their Self Assessment history? What about the medium size businesses, with up to 250 employees, making their staff redundant........and then re-employing them on lesser terms a couple of months later.

The UK Government bang on about how many "more" people are now on the payroll!!! From first hand experience a large proportion of these are Directors of small companies, who used to take dividends, but now feel if a 2nd wave of furlough comes along they are a little more protected.

To achieve all this, it has cost our country 100's of billions of pounds. Who do you think will end up paying for it? :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/03/22

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:51 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I had it a month ago for the first time, almost every one I know has had it in the last three months, looks like the strategy now is heard immunity through vaccinations then letting everyone catch it, for even stronger immunity.

Seems like the end unless Zulu is a rea bad one!

I agree with most of your observations, although I think covid will be with us for the foreseeable future. So it may be the end of restrictions in Wales for the time being, but far from the end of the virus itself.
I can't help but smile at the recent posts still doubting the credibility of the vaccines. It's almost as if David Icke himself occasionally uses this site to slag off the vaccines that have helped to get us out of the mess we were in. Laughable! :lol:


Yeah those guys at the BMJ are a right bunch of tin foil hat wearing loons. And don't get me started on the FDA - they see lizard people everywhere - make old Ickey look sane.

:D



What people mustn't forget is that there are organisations.. laboratories ... individuals ect ect who've made millions out of this pandemic and who want it to keep going because funds will dry up.... garauntee those organisations who speak out against vaccines have a vested interest in making money out of pandemic.. :roll:


Allen - with the greatest respect the British Medical Journal is the world's longest standing peer-reviewed medical journal that has an incredible history dating back to 1840. If anyone is going to have an impartial discussion on this topic it is the peer-reviewed medical journals and they don't come more highly respected than the BMJ. (1)

The FDA is the US federal Food and Drug Administration who approve all drug use in the US. (2)

The only reason they published the data on the adverse reactions to the Pfizer vaccine was because it was mandated by a US Federal Judge after a freedom of information appeal was lodged and made its way through the US legal system. (3)

If anything the FDA document is damning to them as a federal agency as it shows corners were cut in the approvals process to facilitate expedited availability of the vaccine. (Whether that was right or wrong is another topic entirely) (4)

These are the two organisations I've referenced that are bringing the fact to light that the development of the Pfizer vaccine was rushed, chaotic and lacked proper testing and disclosure of potential red flags.

Talking of vested interests however... Pfizer made over £27 Billion (with a B) from their vaccine. (5)

Additionally, the more there is perceived requirement for boosters, the more they will continue to make. If anyone has sizeable vested interests in this situation it is Pfizer who would clearly benefit from information such as was covered by the BMJ and was made publicly available from the FDA after the federal court order to go away.

Whether it was the right decision to cut the corners to create a vaccine at record speed and deal with the consequences of adverse reaction at a later point is a different conversation.

However, likening the very valid discussion around the increasingly clear evidence that not only was the Pfizer vaccine development largely a bodged job and that Pfizer (and potentially the FDA) obfuscated numbers regarding severe adverse reaction including death from the reporting on their trials, with David Icke level conspiracy as Mr Birchwood did in the post above is just grossly inaccurate and to be blunt ignorant of the facts.

I totally understand that many have become so emotionally invested in the vaccines, that it is hard for them to walk that level of belief back even to just accept that with this one particular vaccine, corners were cut in development and negative results were hidden during the trial. It's almost become something like a religious fervour for some and so they are completely unaccepting to any and all evidence that stands contrary to their new found faith.

I get it, it's been a hard time for all of us and people seek solace in things they can believe in and dive feet first into that belief. And if someone wants to keep that faith and is prepared to put their head in the sand to avoid hearing something that might challenge their faith that's entirely down to them.

It's the throwaway, sneering condescension deriding those who are actually looking at things from a more objective perspective than the overly simplistic 'vaccines good, questions bad' viewpoint and the dismissal of those discussing credible evidence, from sources with impeccable credentials as 'laughable' and 'conspiracy theorists' that occasionally gets on my nerves.

(sorry for long reply Allen, not all directed at your comment :thumbup: )

References:

I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:39 am

Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:

Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... in respect of vaccines yes corners was cut by some manufacturers and things were hidden that was not favourable to them ...but the main producer actually started research a year before pandemic started so had giant head start .. social media as been the worse part of this pandemic as it allowed people to spread misinformation with impunity.....I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:


Agree with where you're coming from mate i'm just applying the same logic to the vaccine makers as well who have made more than anyone out of this whole debacle and also have a vested interest in keeping it all going :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:22 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:


Agree with where you're coming from mate i'm just applying the same logic to the vaccine makers as well who have made more than anyone out of this whole debacle and also have a vested interest in keeping it all going :thumbup:




Yes that's why gave example of them? Tbh it's not only everything to do with corvid where dishonesty is concerned its rife everywhere its the poor people that gets brunt of others making a profit from others misfortunes and we are left to pay for things :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby 64Ninian » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:47 am

So as we are remaining in level zero, I still have to work from home. If I lived in England or Scotland I could return to my office.

The damage the WG are doing, including messing with people's health is bordering on the criminal now. :banghead:
64Ninian
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 am

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:


Agree with where you're coming from mate i'm just applying the same logic to the vaccine makers as well who have made more than anyone out of this whole debacle and also have a vested interest in keeping it all going :thumbup:




Yes that's why gave example of them? Tbh it's not only everything to do with corvid where dishonesty is concerned its rife everywhere its the poor people that gets brunt of others making a profit from others misfortunes and we are left to pay for things :roll:


Very true. Corruption is everywhere and regular folks like us are always ultimately expected to pick up the tab.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:37 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:


Agree with where you're coming from mate i'm just applying the same logic to the vaccine makers as well who have made more than anyone out of this whole debacle and also have a vested interest in keeping it all going :thumbup:




Yes that's why gave example of them? Tbh it's not only everything to do with corvid where dishonesty is concerned its rife everywhere its the poor people that gets brunt of others making a profit from others misfortunes and we are left to pay for things :roll:


Very true. Corruption is everywhere and regular folks like us are always ultimately expected to pick up the tab.



Today got that fool eluned Morgan saying nhs under pressure with 964 patients with covid in hospital.... but 96% of those are in hospital because of ailments and nothing to do with covid they were simply tested positive after routine test....
And chief medical officer is saying could have a more serious variant that can surprise us but he's pleased 5billion have been allocated to medical sciences... so got WG trying to keep their hold on the population by using misleading comments and the scientists rubbing their hands at the dosh coming their way? No wonder it is in somes interest for covid not to end..
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 31/03/22

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for reply a bit to much for me to read but in regards to bmj whilst agree about their standing as a respected journal ... even they have friends from organisations that benefited from covid so are they 100% impartial in their views? in that respect they're no different from any journalists respected or not.... The organisations before covid had to go cap in hand to get funding covid came along and they basically had open cheque book using charter planes ect to get what they wanted abroad this was mirrored with most industries to do with corvid and equipment suppliers..that was probably the point I was making but you cant argue there are factions that dont want it to end as it's a gravy train for them... I'm a sinic as you can tell.. :mrgreen:


Agree with where you're coming from mate i'm just applying the same logic to the vaccine makers as well who have made more than anyone out of this whole debacle and also have a vested interest in keeping it all going :thumbup:




Yes that's why gave example of them? Tbh it's not only everything to do with corvid where dishonesty is concerned its rife everywhere its the poor people that gets brunt of others making a profit from others misfortunes and we are left to pay for things :roll:


Very true. Corruption is everywhere and regular folks like us are always ultimately expected to pick up the tab.



Today got that fool eluned Morgan saying nhs under pressure with 964 patients with covid in hospital.... but 96% of those are in hospital because of ailments and nothing to do with covid they were simply tested positive after routine test....
And chief medical officer is saying could have a more serious variant that can surprise us but he's pleased 5billion have been allocated to medical sciences... so got WG trying to keep their hold on the population by using misleading comments and the scientists rubbing their hands at the dosh coming their way? No wonder it is in somes interest for covid not to end..

Unfortunately Allan, I suspect this has been going on in the whole of the UK for at least 18 months.

The despot, otherwise known as Dripford, has seized on his health powers and quite frankly totally abused them. As you have intimated in previous posts, as soon as the UK Government, who prop up our Welsh economy, say no more money, all his avenues get closed down.

But as Sir Ealing has already made very clear to the open minded people, there is too much emotion invested in this "crisis". I feel for the vaccinated, because as the truth drips out, they cannot look at it in an objective manner. It is becoming clearer as time goes on that the true facts were never presented to us mere plebs.

For whatever reason, there was an unprecendented mis-information drive to convince the populous that it was only the vaccine that would save them. Our leaders don't seem to be shoving that line down our throats anymore. I wonder why?

The truth will come out in the end........as more and more people realise what has actually transpired, the questions will be asked, louder and louder. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:09 pm

Covid: Record 4.9 million people have the virus in UK -



That is some 4.9 million people, up from 4.3 million people the week before.

ONS officials say that is the highest number seen since its survey began at the end of April 2020.

The surge in infections is being driven partly by the contagious Omicron BA.2 sub-variant and people mixing more.

The figures for the week ending 26 March are thought to give the most accurate reflection of what's happening with the virus in the community.

The ONS survey tests thousands of people randomly in households across the UK - whether or not they have symptoms.

Kara Steel, senior statistician for the Covid-19 infection survey, said: "Infection levels remain high, with the highest levels recorded in our survey seen in England and Wales and notable increases among older age groups."
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/04/22

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:29 pm

How do people know they've got covid when you cannot get lateral flow tests and testing centres are closed ? There seems a lot of people and children off school/ work with covid and not been tested to show if caught it.. :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:05 am

Covid: Nine new symptoms added to official list -


The official list of Covid symptoms has been expanded to include another nine signs of a coronavirus infection.
However, the NHS cautions that many of the new symptoms "are very similar" to those for colds and flu.

shortness of breath
feeling tired or exhausted
aching body
headache
sore throat
blocked or runny nose
loss of appetite
diarrhoea
feeling sick or being sick
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/04/22

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:11 pm

As Nick Ferrari said this morning.. ‘ a skivers charter’..

Happy Monday..
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 3369
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:12 pm

NHS under huge strain as A&Es turn away ambulances -

Hospitals are under "enormous strain", with growing numbers so busy they are having to divert ambulances to other sites because they are unable to cope.

Over the past week, 20 NHS Accident and Emergency departments in England issued diverts, with patients taken elsewhere.

Those A&E departments still taking new patients have seen long delays, with more than 25% of ambulances waiting at least 30 minutes to handover patients.

Hospital bosses said they were "very concerned" about the situation.

All areas of the country are facing huge pressures, but NHS bosses in West Yorkshire and the south central area of England - covering Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire and Berkshire - have reported particularly severe strain.

The pressures are being partly caused by the high number of Covid patients currently in hospital. This week numbers across England have exceeded 16,000, rising to 20,000 once other nations in the UK are included.

Current figures are close to the total seen in first Covid wave, in spring 2020 - although more than half of those patients are in hospital for other reasons, but happen to have Covid as well.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 09/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:19 pm

Covid in Wales: record infections but hospital figures fall -

One in 13 people is estimated to have Covid in Wales in the latest week, says the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

A record estimate of 230,800 people had Covid in the week ending 2 April.

That equates to 7.59% of the population and is a rise on the previous estimate, which showed 212,000 people infected.

However, Covid hospital figures are falling, while 86% of patients testing positive are primarily being treated for something else.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:15 pm

Covid: Welsh government spends almost £32k on podcast -

A taxpayer-funded podcast featuring interviews with the first minister has been labelled a waste of money.

The Welsh government spent almost £32,000 on 10 episodes of Unlocked: Covid Stories from Wales.

The Welsh Conservatives criticised Welsh ministers for not being transparent about how the show - which sees Mr Drakeford defend his Covid record - is funded.

The Welsh government declined to comment.

Plaid Cymru criticised the timing of the podcast's publication during the council election campaign.
Welsh Conservative leader Andrew RT Davies tweeted that it said "a lot that the first minister is happy to defend his record on a podcast he has bought and paid for, but not in front of a Wales-specific Covid inquiry".

Welsh Liberal Democrats leader Jane Dodds said the "lack of transparency" shown by Welsh Labour was "disappointing".
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 12/04/22

Postby TheHangedMan » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:03 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Welsh government spends almost £32k on podcast -

A taxpayer-funded podcast featuring interviews with the first minister has been labelled a waste of money.

The Welsh government spent almost £32,000 on 10 episodes of Unlocked: Covid Stories from Wales.

The Welsh Conservatives criticised Welsh ministers for not being transparent about how the show - which sees Mr Drakeford defend his Covid record - is funded.

The Welsh government declined to comment.

Plaid Cymru criticised the timing of the podcast's publication during the council election campaign.
Welsh Conservative leader Andrew RT Davies tweeted that it said "a lot that the first minister is happy to defend his record on a podcast he has bought and paid for, but not in front of a Wales-specific Covid inquiry".

Welsh Liberal Democrats leader Jane Dodds said the "lack of transparency" shown by Welsh Labour was "disappointing".

It's fine, it's only tax payers money so it does not count......all is good in the woke Dripford world, everything is great. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 13/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:07 am

Lockdown party fines: Mark Drakeford calls for Johnson and Sunak to go -

Wales' first minister has called for the prime minister and chancellor to go after the news the two senior Tories were fined for breaking lockdown rules.

Boris Johnson apologised on Tuesday evening, but said he did not know he had broken the law at the time. Mr Sunak has also since apologised.

Mark Drakeford said the pair has lost any authority to carry on.

But Welsh Conservative Senedd leader Andrew RT Davies called on Mr Johnson to remain in office.

He said Boris Johnson's "steadfast leadership in supporting Ukraine" should continue.

Plaid Cymru's Liz Saville Roberts also called for the pair to quit.

Mr Johnson confirmed his fine related to a birthday party on 19 June 2020. The prime minister's wife, Carrie Johnson, has also paid a fine in relation to the event.

It follows an investigation by the Metropolitan Police into illegal parties in Downing Street during Covid lockdowns.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/04/22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:03 am

Covid: Restrictions on Wales' businesses to end -

A law requiring workplaces in Wales to take precautions for Covid will be axed from Monday.

It is one of two remaining Covid measures the Welsh government has in place.

Rules requiring facemasks in health and social care settings will remain in force for at least another three weeks.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said the mask rule would help control the spread of Covid where "some of the most vulnerable people" are treated or live.

The move to scrap restrictions on businesses comes despite recent swab survey data suggesting record infections.

Mr Drakeford said his government's decision "doesn't mean the pandemic is over".

He added: "Unfortunately coronavirus is still with us - we've seen a spike in infections over the last month, with large numbers of people falling ill and a surge in hospital admissions.

"We hope we are beginning to turn the corner. But it's really important we all continue to take steps to protect ourselves and each other."
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/04/22

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:45 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Restrictions on Wales' businesses to end -

A law requiring workplaces in Wales to take precautions for Covid will be axed from Monday.

It is one of two remaining Covid measures the Welsh government has in place.

Rules requiring facemasks in health and social care settings will remain in force for at least another three weeks.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said the mask rule would help control the spread of Covid where "some of the most vulnerable people" are treated or live.

The move to scrap restrictions on businesses comes despite recent swab survey data suggesting record infections.

Mr Drakeford said his government's decision "doesn't mean the pandemic is over".

He added: "Unfortunately coronavirus is still with us - we've seen a spike in infections over the last month, with large numbers of people falling ill and a surge in hospital admissions.

"We hope we are beginning to turn the corner. But it's really important we all continue to take steps to protect ourselves and each other."

I’m sure Drakeford wants Covid to be around as long as possible. That little bit of power. Yes, Covid hadn’t gone but it’s getting weaker and weaker.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/04/22

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Restrictions on Wales' businesses to end -

A law requiring workplaces in Wales to take precautions for Covid will be axed from Monday.

It is one of two remaining Covid measures the Welsh government has in place.

Rules requiring facemasks in health and social care settings will remain in force for at least another three weeks.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said the mask rule would help control the spread of Covid where "some of the most vulnerable people" are treated or live.

The move to scrap restrictions on businesses comes despite recent swab survey data suggesting record infections.

Mr Drakeford said his government's decision "doesn't mean the pandemic is over".

He added: "Unfortunately coronavirus is still with us - we've seen a spike in infections over the last month, with large numbers of people falling ill and a surge in hospital admissions.

"We hope we are beginning to turn the corner. But it's really important we all continue to take steps to protect ourselves and each other."

I’m sure Drakeford wants Covid to be around as long as possible. That little bit of power. Yes, Covid hadn’t gone but it’s getting weaker and weaker.


Not sure where he gets this surge in covid hospital admission from it certainly not happening here..... the surge is in people being admitted to hospital because they haven't been treated for original ailments but
have covid when tested.... and this is same all over UK ... talk about manipulating things he is an expert at it. :banghead:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26994
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mikeyblue, montyblue, nubbsy, OwainGlyndŵr123, Penboy, TheHangedMan, WenvoeBluebird and 285 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.