Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 30/11/20

Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 pm

BREAKING .......

Pubs and restaurants in Wales to be banned from selling alcohol

Pubs, cafes and restaurants in Wales will be banned from selling alcohol and will have to close at 18:00, First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.

They will be able to sell takeaway food and alcohol after that time.

The rule comes into force from Friday at 18:00 and will be reviewed on 17 December.

Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:34 pm

sorry you lost me TC ?

Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:41 pm

kimble wrote:sorry you lost me TC ?

same here

Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:00 pm

So alcohol sales in pubs bad?
Alcohol sales in pubs to carry out good?
But bad after 6pm?

I know I’m a bit thick but what am I missing

Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Jock wrote:So alcohol sales in pubs bad?
But bad after 6pm?

Drakefords logic! :laughing6:

Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm

But bad after 6pm?

Drink as much as you can by 1800.

Simples.

Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm

skidemin wrote:
kimble wrote:sorry you lost me TC ?

same here

Yes it's as nutty as it appears but its true. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Covid: Alcohol ban for Welsh pubs and restaurants from Friday -

Welsh pubs, restaurants and cafes will be banned from serving alcohol from Friday and will be unable to open to customers beyond 18:00 GMT.

First Minister Mark Drakeford announced the new rules to tackle a rise in coronavirus cases.

Indoor entertainment and visitor attractions, including cinemas, museums and galleries, will also have to shut.

Mr Drakeford said without changes there could be between 1,000 and 1,700 preventable deaths over the winter.

However businesses can offer a takeaway service after 18:00, and if they have an off-licence can sell takeaway alcohol before and after that time, up until 22:00.

Traders described the news as a "major blow" to indoor entertainment and hospitality firms.

Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:13 pm

How many youngsters are going to go home at 6pm ffs
At least a pub does have some form of rules track and trace etc doing this will force more home drinking in groups i think dripford must be tea total this will not achieve bugger all and infuriate the public especially when you can drink till 10pm in england once there lock down ends
Our turn to go over the border.

Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:34 pm

UPDATED: Monday 30th November 2020

News Daily Virus 12,330

New deaths 205

Total deaths 58,448

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:29 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
But bad after 6pm?

Drink as much as you can by 1800.

Simples.

Errr no ....alcohol ban full stop , not just from 18.00 pm

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Dont worry 4 different households can still meet in pub & restaurants! But no drinking and only if you are not working as be closed by time get there! Drakefords scientific evidence to close hospitality venues comes from sage in Sept saying closing hospitality will have moderate effect on covid transmission ? That is very dubious evidence if you can call it evidence..

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:38 pm

Whats the difference to 30 people in a pub been served at a table distanced and 30 kids in a classroom?

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:50 pm

montyblue wrote:Whats the difference to 30 people in a pub been served at a table distanced and 30 kids in a classroom?

Age I guess(sorry,couldnt resist,lol)

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Whats the difference to 30 people in a pub been served at a table distanced and 30 kids in a classroom?

Age I guess(sorry,couldnt resist,lol)

One group drink alcohol other drinks milk? :mrgreen:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 01/12/20

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:47 pm

People don't understand the logic. people from four different households having coffee together be safer than two people from the same household having a pint?"

How is this following scientific advice? If advisors used this logic I suggest they get another job and WG use common sense and not nonsensical restrictions adviced by
Supposedly intelligent people ... :old:

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:55 pm

Well worth reading all of this article to show the stupidity of WG and also the deception of drakeford regarding
scientific evidence he loves to quote

New rules for pubs in Wales: What do the changes mean?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Updated: Monday 1st December 2020

UK

603 Daily New Deaths

Over 14,000 New Virus

Over 59,000 Deaths

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Covid: Pressure on Mark Drakeford over evidence for pub alcohol ban -

First Minister Mark Drakeford has come under pressure from his own Labour backbenchers over his ban on the sale of alcohol in Welsh pubs.

Alun Davies demanded to see evidence underlying the decision.

Meanwhile Hefin David said information from a group advising ministers should have been published when the decision was taken.

Mr Drakeford said the case for the need for the restrictions - aimed at easing a rise in cases - was "compelling".

Pubs, bars and restaurants in Wales will not be able to serve alcohol on the premises from 18:00 GMT on Friday.

Welsh Conservative Senedd leader Paul Davies said many businesses will "not survive" the decision.

Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price said it was a "mistake", said the changes were "not comprehensible" and could damage public trust.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:25 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Pressure on Mark Drakeford over evidence for pub alcohol ban -

First Minister Mark Drakeford has come under pressure from his own Labour backbenchers over his ban on the sale of alcohol in Welsh pubs.

Meanwhile Hefin David said information from a group advising ministers should have been published when the decision was taken.

Mr Drakeford said the case for the need for the restrictions - aimed at easing a rise in cases - was "compelling".

Pubs, bars and restaurants in Wales will not be able to serve alcohol on the premises from 18:00 GMT on Friday.

Welsh Conservative Senedd leader Paul Davies said many businesses will "not survive" the decision.

Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price said it was a "mistake", said the changes were "not comprehensible" and could damage public trust.

Tony if people read various news reports they are all asking where evidence is and he is squirming around giving different answers but nothing definitive.... he even said the evidence is the covid virus?? :oops:

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:25 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Pressure on Mark Drakeford over evidence for pub alcohol ban -

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/12/20

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Covid vaccine: 'Unknown' schedule for care home residents in Wales -

It is not yet known when all care home residents in Wales will be able to receive a Covid-19 vaccine.

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for widespread use.

But Wales' chief medical officer Frank Atherton could not say when care home residents would receive it due to storage temperature requirements.

Care home residents and staff are among those identified as a top priority.

Other priority groups include health and social care workers and over-80s.

The jab offers up to 95% protection against Covid-19 illness and the Welsh Government hopes the first vaccines will be given within seven to 14 days.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 02/12/20

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:39 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 2nd December 2020

UK

648 daily deaths

16,170 New Cases

59,699 Total deaths

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 03/12/20

Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:28 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 3rd December 2020

UK

14,879 New Cases

414 New Deaths

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Apparently pembrokeshire as been wiped off the wales map?? There is not going to be A vaccine centre in the county! Carmarthen and ceridigion will have one....I know we have very little covid infections but we deserve to be treated like other counties... this is a result of drakefords decision to downgrade his local hospital several years ago now everything is targeted at a decrepid hospital called glangwilli in carmarthen.....:evil:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:21 pm

UK

Now over 60,000 deaths

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 04/12/20

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:00 am

Covid-19: UK surpasses 60,000 deaths -

More than 60,000 people in the UK have now died within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test, official figures show.

A further 414 were recorded on Thursday, taking the total to 60,113.

Two other ways of measuring deaths - where Covid is mentioned on the death certificate, and the number of "excess deaths" for this time of year - give higher total figures.

Only the US, Brazil, India and Mexico have recorded more deaths than the UK, according to Johns Hopkins University.

However, the UK has had more deaths per 100,000 people than any of those nations.

In terms of deaths per 100,000 people, the UK is the seventh-highest country globally, behind Belgium, San Marino, Peru, Andorra, Spain and Italy.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 am

WG have banned an advert for vineyard because it says be confusing? Getting more like dictatorship every day! :o

Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:03 am

What's been happening in the UK today?

Virus levels are falling across most of England, according to the Office for National Statistics' latest figures. In the week to 28 November, one in 105 people in England had the virus compared with one in 85 a week before

Meanwhile, the R number for the UK has fallen to between 0.8 and 1 - the second week running it's been below 1. The R number measures virus reproduction rate, suggesting the epidemic is shrinking

New national coronavirus restrictions in Wales will be in place from 18:00 GMT. The rules include a ban on pubs, restaurants and cafes serving alcohol on the premises

Greater Manchester councils have become the latest to pause rapid testing for care home visitors over concerns they fail to detect enough infections. Data suggests the rapid kits miss about a third of the most infectious cases picked up by conventional lab tests

The government is "absolutely confident" the UK will have 800,000 coronavirus vaccine doses by next week, when the vaccination programme starts, business secretary Alok Sharma has said. Some of the Pfizer/BioNTech doses have already arrived, with more expected by the end of the year

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 05/12/20

Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:30 pm

Covid: Second phase of mass testing starts in Lower Cynon Valley -

Mass coronavirus testing has started in one of the areas hardest-hit by Covid-19 in Wales in a bid to bring the virus under control.

People living or working in the Lower Cynon Valley - which includes Abercynon, Penrhiwceiber and parts of Mountain Ash and Aberaman - will be offered tests.

Test centres will run from Saturday until 20 December.

It is the second place in Wales to have mass testing after Merthyr Tydfil.

Residents in Mountain Ash East and West, and Aberaman South residents, are also eligible for the tests, which give results in 30 minutes.