UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/10/22

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 14/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Covid: People 45 or over in England invited to book vaccine -

People aged 45 or over in England will now be invited to get a Covid jab, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said.

The vaccination programme would then move on to everyone aged 40 or over "in line with supplies", he added.

Appointments can be made on the NHS booking website, which temporarily crashed on Tuesday morning when it opened up to the new age group.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon also confirmed over-45s would start to get invites in Scotland this week.

Unlike in England, appointments there will be allocated and there are no plans to introduce an online booking service.

In Northern Ireland, people aged 40-45 are eligible to get a Covid vaccine, while in some areas in Wales 40-49 year-olds are being invited.

All over-50s and those in high-risk groups in the UK have been offered a first dose of the vaccine.
TopCat CCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:13 pm

UPDATED: Wednesday 14th April 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st dose ) 32,326,604 :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vaccinated ( 2nd dose ) 8,170,081 Milion :thumbright: :thumbright:

New virus: 2,491

New deaths: 38

Total deaths: 127,161
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 15/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:06 pm

Free lateral flow Covid tests in Wales for those unable to work at home -

Anyone who cannot work from home in Wales will be able to get free rapid Covid home testing kits, the Welsh government said.

The lateral flow tests will be available to be picked up from local Covid-19 test sites from Friday.

Officials said they were also looking at making other locations available to collect self-test kits, as well as posting them out to individual homes.

Testing in schools will also be extended for all pupils from Year 7.

The Welsh government said the latest measures were a step forward in the fight against the virus, especially for those unable to carry out their jobs at home.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:09 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 15th April 2021

Coronavirus Cases:

New deaths:

Total Deaths:

Recovered:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:58 pm

In a report from a week ago, border force agency's have said that roughly 20,000 people per day are entering the uk, and have come to the conclusion after studying the numbers, that 8,000 of this figure are here as tourists :o

This I find absolutely galling, when we are told it's illegal to book a holiday!! And will be fined £5k if we try , and get caught :banghead: we can't leave, but people from country's that have worse figures than us at the moment, are allowed to trundle around sightseeing, remember not long ago, we as a country were being talked about like lepers, "because we had it bad"?

Sorry but this grinds my gears with this double standards shit all the time :banghead: :banghead: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 am

bluesince62 wrote:In a report from a week ago, border force agency's have said that roughly 20,000 people per day are entering the uk, and have come to the conclusion after studying the numbers, that 8,000 of this figure are here as tourists :o

This I find absolutely galling, when we are told it's illegal to book a holiday!! And will be fined £5k if we try , and get caught :banghead: we can't leave, but people from country's that have worse figures than us at the moment, are allowed to trundle around sightseeing, remember not long ago, we as a country were being talked about like lepers, "because we had it bad"?

Sorry but this grinds my gears with this double standards shit all the time :banghead: :banghead: :old: :bluebird:

Totally agree with all of this.

If it wasn't such a serious issue you could just laugh at the total farce that is Government policy at the moment. It is absolutely ludicrous. I saw a plane flying into Bournemouth airport yesterday, first time for a while, and thought there is no way that is full of passengers on essential travel only.

And then when Boris comes out with statements earlier this week that the overidding reason for the drop in cases and deaths is the "lockdown", and very little to do with the vaccine (which was supposd to be the silver bullet), you have got to wonder what is going on behind closed doors. IMHO he is gearing up for another lockdown in the Autumn which would be totally unacceptable. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:42 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:In a report from a week ago, border force agency's have said that roughly 20,000 people per day are entering the uk, and have come to the conclusion after studying the numbers, that 8,000 of this figure are here as tourists :o

If it wasn't such a serious issue you could just laugh at the total farce that is Government policy at the moment. It is absolutely ludicrous. I saw a plane flying into Bournemouth airport yesterday, first time for a while, and thought there is no way that is full of passengers on essential travel only.

And then when Boris comes out with statements earlier this week that the overidding reason for the drop in cases and deaths is the "lockdown", and very little to do with the vaccine (which was supposd to be the silver bullet), you have got to wonder what is going on behind closed doors. IMHO he is gearing up for another lockdown in the Autumn which would be totally unacceptable. :bluebird:

i didnt realise Boris had said this about lockdowns as i try to avoid the news these days...had enough of the contradictions...
most people seem to be happy going along with salmon live in trees . so sort of given up...
skidemin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 17/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Covid: Call for Wales indoor hospitality to reopen sooner -

Tourism taskforce leaders have called on Wales' first minister to bring forward reopening plans for the indoor hospitality sector.

The group said they wanted to "strongly urge" Mark Drakeford to make "a positive statement" at the next Covid review on 22 April.

They said they wanted the industry to match the opening date for England and Scotland, which is on 17 May.

The Welsh government said it was taking a "careful step-by-step" approach.

The Welsh Conservatives said livelihoods were being put at risk while Plaid Cymru called for all possible avenues for a "fast and safe" reopening to be explored.

Decisions needed to be based on "the science and the statistics", the Welsh Liberal Democrats said.

The taskforce was established by the Welsh government to help guide the sector through the pandemic.
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:44 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

I too was unaware of that statement, for very similar reasons, I got my info from the net, you are right imho, he is gearing up for another lockdown, what with these new variants from India and south Africa here already, some would say, it's kind of scripted :?

After so many u turns by Doris and the rest, I believe nothing they have to say anymore tbf.
People who seem to think he will stick to that "no going back"statement, are going to be severely dissapointed indeed, I've even heard today,some top doctor talking the possibilities of "street lockdowns" in areas with rising cases, or clusters :shock: and how they could be effective etc.
As you rightly say, if it wasn't so serious,it would be comedic gold. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Covid-19: North Devon records zero weekly cases, data suggests -

Part of Devon has become the first place in England this year to record no coronavirus cases in a week.

Figures from Public Health England show between 3-9 April the North Devon District Council area recorded no new cases.

The last area to do so was neighbouring Torridge, from 13-19 September.

A local NHS spokesman urged people to continue to observe government guidelines on wearing masks and social distancing.

Adults in the wider county have been encouraged to take up free lateral flow tests twice a week.

Historically North Devon, as with other parts of the South West, has seen lower levels of cases than the England average.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid-19:

Adults in the wider county have been encouraged to take up free lateral flow tests twice a week.

Are these the same lateral flow tests that official figures have shown to be at BEST - 10% accurate......but more likely 2% accurate.

Essentially, what is the point of taking one of these tests when you have a 90 - 98% knowledge that they are incorrect.....so actually tell you nothing!

I cannot be the only person on this forum who finds these facts absolutely stunning. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:49 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

Are these the same lateral flow tests that official figures have shown to be at BEST - 10% accurate......but more likely 2% accurate.

Essentially, what is the point of taking one of these tests when you have a 90 - 98% knowledge that they are incorrect.....so actually tell you nothing!

I cannot be the only person on this forum who finds these facts absolutely stunning. :bluebird:

as said above... where we are now is Boris says salmon live in trees and lots of people head to the forest with fishing rods...
seriously .. if not concerned prior ....the day the government changed how it counted covid deaths , scrubbed over 5k deaths off the rolling total with the reasoning that they did not want people to under estimate covid .. well , it really should have made people think ...and what else...but it didnt... and id imagine there are many in power who are as dumfounded as how compliant the pop are to anything they say as i am......
skidemin

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:32 pm

skidemin wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

as said above... where we are now is Boris says salmon live in trees and lots of people head to the forest with fishing rods...
seriously .. if not concerned prior ....the day the government changed how it counted covid deaths , scrubbed over 5k deaths off the rolling total with the reasoning that they did not want people to under estimate covid .. well , it really should have made people think ...and what else...but it didnt... and id imagine there are many in power who are as dumfounded as how compliant the pop are to anything they say as i am......

Love the fish analogy........the saddest thing is that it's close to the truth!

I don't think the majority of posters on this forum are brainless idiots, only one or two who shall not be named. The question that gets me is why can they not see, or WANT to see, behind the bullshit they are fed?

There is so much evidence out there that the Govt. are lieing, backtracking, spinning and clueless, that I just don't understand why anybody believes them anymore. Weird.... :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:25 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Love the fish analogy........the saddest thing is that it's close to the truth!

I don't think the majority of posters on this forum are brainless idiots, only one or two who shall not be named. The question that gets me is why can they not see, or WANT to see, behind the bullshit they are fed?

There is so much evidence out there that the Govt. are lieing, backtracking, spinning and clueless, that I just don't understand why anybody believes them anymore. Weird.... :bluebird:

the answer is fear.... early doors there was someone on here claiming the death rate was 45% and was backed up by others ... another claiming it could cause the end of mankind . it wasnt the village idiots posting or doing the backing up... papers ran stories of people literally collapsing and dying in the street in China..and our governments did very little in way of suppressing the panic, fear and mis information...instead they went for painting anyone not fully onboard , asking questions and not duly terrified out of their wits as conspiracy theorists... i thought time would make more people question...it hasnt
skidemin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 19/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:01 pm

Plaid and Tories call for Welsh Covid inquiry -

The Plaid Cymru and Welsh Conservatives leaders say there should be a Wales-specific public inquiry into the handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Adam Price and Andrew RT Davies said the inquiry should take place in addition to a separate UK one.

Welsh Labour First Minister Mark Drakeford said there should be a single inquiry involving all UK nations.

The party leaders were taking part in an ITV Wales televised Senedd election debate dominated by the pandemic.

During the debate, both Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price and Welsh Conservatives leader Andrew RT Davies said a Wales-specific inquiry into the Welsh government's handling of the Covid crisis had to happen in addition to one for the UK government.

But Mr Drakeford said he was "not in favour of rival inquiries".
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Plaid and Tories call for Welsh Covid inquiry -

The Plaid Cymru and Welsh Conservatives leaders say there should be a Wales-specific public inquiry into the handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Adam Price and Andrew RT Davies said the inquiry should take place in addition to a separate UK one.

Welsh Labour First Minister Mark Drakeford said there should be a single inquiry involving all UK nations.

The party leaders were taking part in an ITV Wales televised Senedd election debate dominated by the pandemic.

During the debate, both Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price and Welsh Conservatives leader Andrew RT Davies said a Wales-specific inquiry into the Welsh government's handling of the Covid crisis had to happen in addition to one for the UK government.

But Mr Drakeford said he was "not in favour of rival inquiries".

having spent a year giving it the big I am and ill do it all my way he is now running scared of being found out......vote labour :laughing5: :laughing5:
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:42 am

Updated: Sunday 18th April 2021

UK

TOTAL DOSES 42.8 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

TOTAL 1ST DOSES VACCINATED 32,849,223 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

62.4% of Adults 1st dose :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm

What are radio Wales playing at? Normally they say been 1 death or none ect then total for pandemic... today they are now saying how many deaths 1st then how many have died previous day? Is it because deaths are almost non existent daily and they doesn't make news as much as highlighting large number for pandemic? Just curious at change
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:18 pm

UPDATED: Monday 19th April 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st dose ) 32,932,448 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vaccinated ( 2nd dose ) 10,152,039 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

New virus: 2,963

New deaths: 4

Total deaths: 127,274

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 20/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 pm

Covid: Any six people in Wales can meet outdoors from Saturday -

Six people from six households will be able to meet outdoors in Wales from Saturday, and in pub beer gardens once they reopen next week.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said the further easing of lockdown was because of the lower risk of catching Covid when meeting outdoors.

It is the second time the Welsh government has changed lockdown plans during the Senedd election campaign.

But the Welsh Conservatives accused Labour of "playing politics".

Mr Drakeford also confirmed that pubs, restaurants and cafes would be able to open outdoors as planned from Monday.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:01 pm

UPDATED: TUESDAY 20th April 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st dose ) 33,032,120 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vaccinated ( 2nd dose ) 10,425,790 Million :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

New virus: 2,524

New deaths: 33

Total deaths: 127,307

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:59 pm

It's been great visiting some shops reopening following the long depressing winter. I am looking forward to the long awaited decent pint or ten next week, all be it outside in a beer garden or pub car park. But most of all I am looking forward to watching some live sport later in the year.
Having said that, I hope the few thousand people returning from India before the 4am Friday deadline does not have a negative impact by bringing the 'Indian variant' with them. We could do without any further set-backs.
Things could be a lot worse, judging what's happening in Brazil under the leadership of President Bolsonaro.
He had described the pandemic as 'little flu' despite the death toll in Brazil running into the thousands each day with 50% of the people in intensive care under the age of 40.
I can't help thinking that his policy of 'anti-lockdown' with no advice to wear masks indoors etc hasn't been very successful!!
Others, no doubt would think different! :wave:
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby TheHangedMan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:14 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:It's been great visiting some shops reopening following the long depressing winter. I am looking forward to the long awaited decent pint or ten next week, all be it outside in a beer garden or pub car park. But most of all I am looking forward to watching some live sport later in the year.
Having said that, I hope the few thousand people returning from India before the 4am Friday deadline does not have a negative impact by bringing the 'Indian variant' with them. We could do without any further set-backs.
Things could be a lot worse, judging what's happening in Brazil under the leadership of President Bolsonaro.
He had described the pandemic as 'little flu' despite the death toll in Brazil running into the thousands each day with 50% of the people in intensive care under the age of 40.
I can't help thinking that his policy of 'anti-lockdown' with no advice to wear masks indoors etc hasn't been very successful!!

Please give a link to your qualified information on Brazil, especially the under 40 bit. Are you sure it's Covid as nowhere else in the world has it killed the vast majority if you are under 80 years old. The average age of death in the UK "with covid" (dubious I know) is 82 years old and 3 months.

Your stats seem to go against the trend of the whole world so if you could show us your research resource that would be helpful to make an informed decision.

Alternatively you could be just plucking figures from the air......let us know.

P.S. If you are that worried about the "Indian variant" or any other variant for that matter (and you will be told of many), I suggest you do not step outside your house, to protect yourself. In the meantime let everybody else take what risk they wish. You know it makes sense..... :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 21/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Covid lockdown easing not to do with election, says Drakeford -

Bringing forward the easing of some Covid restrictions has nothing to do with the upcoming election in Wales, First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.

The Welsh Labour leader had been accused of playing politics after changing a number of lockdown measures during the election campaign.

However, Mr Drakeford said it was "nothing to do with electioneering" and was based on scientific advice.

The Senedd election is on 6 May.

On Monday, Mr Drakeford announced new changes to lockdown measures, allowing up to six people from any households to be able to meet outside - including in private gardens - from Saturday.

Previously, dates to reopen gyms and allow people to form extended households - were moved forward to 3 May instead of the proposed 10 May

Outdoor wedding receptions for up to 30 people will be allowed from 26 April, again a week earlier than originally planned.

The Welsh Conservatives accusing Mr Drakeford of "playing politics" by changing the timetable out of lockdown during the election campaign.
TopCat CCFC

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:11 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:It's been great visiting some shops reopening following the long depressing winter. I am looking forward to the long awaited decent pint or ten next week, all be it outside in a beer garden or pub car park. But most of all I am looking forward to watching some live sport later in the year.

Please give a link to your qualified information on Brazil, especially the under 40 bit. Are you sure it's Covid as nowhere else in the world has it killed the vast majority if you are under 80 years old. The average age of death in the UK "with covid" (dubious I know) is 82 years old and 3 months.

Your stats seem to go against the trend of the whole world so if you could show us your research resource that would be helpful to make an informed decision.

Alternatively you could be just plucking figures from the air......let us know.

P.S. If you are that worried about the "Indian variant" or any other variant for that matter (and you will be told of many), I suggest you do not step outside your house, to protect yourself. In the meantime let everybody else take what risk they wish. You know it makes sense..... :bluebird:

After recently watching news about the mess some countries are in, I was simply reading about coronavirus in different parts of the world and came across the headline 'Brazil senate pushes forward with probe of Bolsonaro's covid-19 response'. I believe the article was from Brazilia Reuters. The ugly facts were spelt out there.
Now whether you believe this or not is up to you. But it is not ' a stat I made up'..... I simply read it in that article.
It's obviously touched a nerve with you. Yes, I'm fully aware of the average age death in U.K. which is why I was surprised.
As for the Indian variant I was simply making the point that it could become a problem if allowed to enter the country after all the good progress we are making. We'll have to watch this space on that one.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 21/04/21

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:07 pm

UPDATED: WEDNESDAY 21ST APRIL 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st dose ) 33,915,559 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

62.9% of all Adults have had the first dose.

Vaccinated ( 2nd dose ) 10,775,817 Million :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

20.5% of all Adults have had 2nd dose.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:26 pm

Covid: Row over Mark Drakeford's Welsh pub reopening announcement -

Mark Drakeford has been criticised for saying he will tell a government press conference how, if he wins May's election, he will ease Covid rules.

The Welsh Labour first minister said he would say on Friday if pubs and cafes could reopen indoors on 17 May.

Plaid Cymru said it was "completely inappropriate" for the conference to be used for party political announcements.

The Welsh government said a senior civil servant would respond to a written complaint from Plaid's leader.

The official Welsh government press conference is due to be televised on BBC One Wales on Friday.

Voters go to the polls on 6 May.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 22/04/21

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:14 pm

UPDATED: Thursday 22nd April 2021

UK

VACCINATED (1st dose ) 33,257,651 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vaccinated ( 2nd dose ) 11,192,601 MILLION :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

New virus: 2,729

New deaths: 18

Total deaths: 127,345

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 23/04/21

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:38 pm

Covid: Welsh pubs and restaurants to open indoors in May -

People in Wales could be able to have a pint of beer or glass of wine inside a pub or restaurant for the first time in five-and-a-half-months from 17 May.

Pubs and restaurants have been unable to open indoors since the Welsh government stopped it in December because of rising Covid numbers.

Indoor children's activities like soft play and swimming lessons have also been brought forward to 3 May.

Indoor activities of 15 adults can start on the same day.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said: "It is my assessment that the hospitality sector - bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes - will be able to open indoors from May 17, together with all other tourist accommodation, indoor entertainment and attractions."

But he said it would be for an incoming Welsh government to confirm the arrangements when the next three week review is held on 13 May, a week after the 6 May Senedd election.

He will deliver an official Welsh government briefing about the changes on Friday lunchtime.
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 23/04/21

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Covid: Welsh pubs and restaurants to open indoors in May -

People in Wales could be able to have a pint of beer or glass of wine inside a pub or restaurant for the first time in five-and-a-half-months from 17 May.

Pubs and restaurants have been unable to open indoors since the Welsh government stopped it in December because of rising Covid numbers.

Indoor children's activities like soft play and swimming lessons have also been brought forward to 3 May.

Indoor activities of 15 adults can start on the same day.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said: "It is my assessment that the hospitality sector - bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes - will be able to open indoors from May 17, together with all other tourist accommodation, indoor entertainment and attractions."

But he said it would be for an incoming Welsh government to confirm the arrangements when the next three week review is held on 13 May, a week after the 6 May Senedd election.

He will deliver an official Welsh government briefing about the changes on Friday lunchtime.

Hes just electioneering with his brainwave of opening services and things before his previous set dates..... Funny how they are couple days before election ? Hes just a fraud and con artist. :old:
pembroke allan

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat