Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liam Gallagher has vowed that an Oasis reunion

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 am

Liam Gallagher has vowed that an Oasis reunion concert to raise funds for the NHS will go ahead - "with or without" his brother Noel.

On Tuesday, the singer had set out a "demand" for the band to reform - adding that he was "sick of pleading" for the reunion to happen.

With his brother yet to respond, Liam Gallagher wrote on Thursday: "Wanna clear a few things up.

"Oasis gig for NHS charity as in all money raised goes to NHS not to me will happen with or without Noel Gallagher.

"It may not be the same but trust me it'll still blow your knickers off."

Liam and Noel have been locked in a war of words ever since.

Noel has previously described his brother as a "moron" - telling the Big Issue magazine that each and every one of Liam's tweets is a "nail in the coffin" for hopes that Oasis will reform.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Liam Gallagher has vowed that an Oasis reunion

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Be great to see the brothers and the band back together and raising funds for the heroic NHS staff.

C'mon lads this is bigger than whatever's keeping you apart...

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 pm

If its an actual reunion of oasis mk1:

Liam (vocals)
Bonehead (rhythm guitar)
Guigsy (bass)
Alan White (drums)

Then i'd be interested. If Noel says no then getting Gem Archer from oasis mk 2 to stand in for him would be a wise and appropriate option.

Just keep Tony "one beat" McCarroll away from it

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:08 pm

It will be difficult for the Oases Reunion to actually happen when all the concerts and big gatherings are closed

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm

They could close with ‘Champagne Coronas-over’...

Be better off with Noel singing anyway.. Liam sounds rough these days

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm

Must admit i thought that as well, but took my son to watch him recently at the Motorpoint and must admit he was back to his best sounded great, and i have seen Oasis many times in the past (including the famous TJs gig in Newport where if you believe everyone who says they were there you could fill the CCS ).

reckon he must have knocked the ciggies on the head.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:13 pm

They'd probably raise more money if they got sponsored NOT to re unite.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:46 am

valleymodeller wrote:They'd probably raise more money if they got sponsored NOT to re unite.

In some ways, I agree. I can't stand either of these big headed, arrogant northerners, but if they make big money for the cause, good luck to them.
Infact, I'd like to see other big bands and artists involved in a 'Live Aid' type concert on T.V. when circumstances allow and make many millions towards the NHS costs.
Maybe, the 'Thunderbird puppet' and his sour-faced kid brother could headline!

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Where would this gig take place

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Where would this gig take place

doesn't really matter , it will sell out..

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:20 pm

dogfound wrote:

Ticket sales to attend the concert would be a small fraction of the money which could be made by a nationwide TV appeal throughout the concert. The current crisis is effecting the whole nation along with the rest of the world. Therefore I think a UK appeal to help towards the massive NHS cost could exceed the 'children in need', 'sport aid' and 'red nose day' combined totals if promoted correctly.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:33 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Ticket sales to attend the concert would be a small fraction of the money which could be made by a nationwide TV appeal throughout the concert. The current crisis is effecting the whole nation along with the rest of the world. Therefore I think a UK appeal to help towards the massive NHS cost could exceed the 'children in need', 'sport aid' and 'red nose day' combined totals if promoted correctly.

agree..

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:23 am

valleymodeller wrote:They'd probably raise more money if they got sponsored NOT to re unite.

Why don't they just part with some money,and save the ears of millions,lockdown is bad enough,don't think I'd last if they were broadcast on tv!! Grating pair of northern tw@ts. :old: :bluebird: