Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Boris Johnson tests positive / But ‘

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:17 am

Perhaps he'll act now and enforce a proper lockdown

Boris Johnson tests positive of the Virus

The Uk people should really listen now even Matt Hancock the Health Secretary has the virus now ( very sad )
But Johnson will continue to lead the Govt

Very mild symptoms

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=213752 :cry:

Don’t forget Boris Johnson’s partner is having a baby.

In times like this we all should full support the Prime Minister :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Boris Johnson tests positive / But ‘

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 am

But Johnson will continue to lead the Govt

Very mild symptoms

Boris: just said please everyone stay home, we will best this, I will continue to lead the country :thumbright:

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

surely the cabinet now need to go into self isolation?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

As the leader of our country it was right to have it.

Get well soon Boris :thumbright:

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 am

Please Boris, total lockdown NOW

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:30 am

More reason now for people to wake up and see - we are all in the firing line - Take Care ALL .

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:33 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:More reason now for people to wake up and see - we are all in the firing line - Take Care ALL .

Spot on Tony :thumbright:

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:35 am

I just saw the video he posted on his social media. And people are commenting saying how’s he been treated before NHS workers and so on. What is wrong with today’s society?! He’s the most important person in the UK especially given the current situation and people try and find a problem with him catching the virus.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752 :cry:

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:37 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I just saw the video he posted on his social media. And people are commenting saying how’s he been treated before NHS workers and so on. What is wrong with today’s society?! He’s the most important person in the UK especially given the current situation and people try and find a problem with him catching the virus.

Unfortunately his oppenents will use the situation for their own agenda.

This is a time when we need to drop our differences and come together to beat this enemy.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I just saw the video he posted on his social media. And people are commenting saying how’s he been treated before NHS workers and so on. What is wrong with today’s society?! He’s the most important person in the UK especially given the current situation and people try and find a problem with him catching the virus.

Unfortunately his oppenents will use the situation for their own agenda.

This is a time when we need to drop our differences and come together to beat this enemy.

Spot On :thumbup:

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:56 am

There are fecking idiots everywhere mate ignore them!

Prince Charles and Boris Johnson, Jesus it just proves anyone can get it no matter how careful or protected they are, but also that most people that get it will have mild symptoms.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Complete lockdown needed. Perhaps now the public will wake up and see that no one is immune. The coverage the PM quite rightly attracts will reinforce the need for isolation.
Remember he has a pregnant partner too. Let's hope they are safe and well.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Boris, is the Prime Minister and leading the UK, so yes he had to be tested.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:44 pm

No he's not,if he gets poorly Domonic Rabb will step in.The lack of Testing for front line Dr's and Nurses is a disgrace and is directly hampering the effort to save lives.My sister-in-law is a cleaner at the heath cleaning up after these poor people,a low paid thankless task.She would like a test too.

In this war Generals are 10 a penny,its the foot soldiers that need the support.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:10 pm

The Uk people should really listen now even Matt Hancock the Health Secretary has the virus now ( very sad )

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Uk people should really listen now even Matt Hancock the Health Secretary has the virus now ( very sad )

You couldn't make this up
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-21765751

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Uk people should really listen now even Matt Hancock the Health Secretary has the virus now ( very sad )

And how many more MP's have got it ?? By reports another 30 have had to go into self isolation .

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 pm

I am very cynical about this, Charlie goes to the hills, Boris has to isolate for 14!days as well as Hancock, and no doubt a few other of the cabinet will have symptoms so need to isolate.. just when the shit is going to hit the fan on the U.K. due to their slowness in lockdown .. and even managing to mess that up.
Next 2 weeks I fear will see massive number of deaths in U.K. which should of been avoided.
I really really hope I am wrong..

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:57 pm

stickywicket wrote:

Unbelievable !!!

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 pm

stickywicket wrote:

Clearly you CAN make it up. That video is from 24 days ago. HIGHLY DOUBT that has had any impact on him catching the virus nearly 3 weeks later.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:19 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

And how many more MP's have got it ?? By reports another 30 have had to go into self isolation .

Add Chris Whitty who is now self isolating .

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

No he's not,if he gets poorly Domonic Rabb will step in.The lack of Testing for front line Dr's and Nurses is a disgrace and is directly hampering the effort to save lives.My sister-in-law is a cleaner at the heath cleaning up after these poor people,a low paid thankless task.She would like a test too.

In this war Generals are 10 a penny,its the foot soldiers that need the support.

What tests are they going to carry out? Lets get them from China, like the Spanish did?
There are not enough testing facilities/labs to properly test for this particular virus.
As for your sister in law I hope she is well as her job (very under appreciated) is very important in fighting this virus, probably as important as the nurses, as she maintains the cleanliness of the hospital.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:04 pm

LeonSDC wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

Clearly you CAN make it up. That video is from 24 days ago. HIGHLY DOUBT that has had any impact on him catching the virus nearly 3 weeks later.
. The fact he was shaking hands with virus suffers beggers believe whenever it was..
Anyhow it's f*cking worrying that Hancock and the chief medical officer has got it shows how fast this thing can spread

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Bonner wrote:I am very cynical about this, Charlie goes to the hills, Boris has to isolate for 14!days as well as Hancock, and no doubt a few other of the cabinet will have symptoms so need to isolate.. just when the shit is going to hit the fan on the U.K. due to their slowness in lockdown .. and even managing to mess that up.
Next 2 weeks I fear will see massive number of deaths in U.K. which should of been avoided.
I really really hope I am wrong..

The next few weeks will be horrendous but I'm not sure what they could do to avoid it. We wont be different from anyone else in that respect. I thought they were behind on the ventilators and they clearly should have been better with the PPE for the medical and caring profession. They should have picked that up from China and they should of got the construction workers off the tube. I stood my men down 2 weeks ago, they're all PAYE so I thought I was funded it myself for a week. The support their providing is extraordinary. the money their having to spend on the nations health necessary but similarly extraordinary.

We could have thrown billions more at the health service in recent years and it wouldn't have reduced what we have to spend now in this emergency by a single jot. And I say that as a husband of a NHS clinical lead in the health district that's about to host the temporary hospital at the Excell. Speech and Language therapist so not directly involved in this crisis but very well aware of the shortfalls in funding but equally aware of the complete hash that management makes of the available resource. But its been no different for 20 plus years.

Back to the original point. There'll be plenty of opportunity to score political points in the coming weeks but this disease is not Boris Johnson's fault. The left try and portray it that way but the people know. This is far too serious for partisan politics.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:21 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

if she has symptoms she shouldn't be anywhere near a hospital mate.. and if its a test just for the hell of wasting one ,she could be clear now but positive by tomorrow...

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 am

BS

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

if she has symptoms she shouldn't be anywhere near a hospital mate.. and if its a test just for the hell of wasting one ,she could be clear now but positive by tomorrow...

Yup! You're spot on! :thumbup:

There are 'essential' services that will see this crisis through regardless of whether it gets better or worse in the next few days/weeks and not yet a mention of any testing in the majority of them, as it's simply not reasonably practicable

Those workplaces that are still functioning have put serious measures in place that are directly reducing the risk for those workers of any level/description who have little or no choice but to continue to provide this country with medical and/or other emergency, sustenance, welfare and social services, etc.

Other than checking to see if someone has had the virus in certain situations, testing is futile 'for the sake of it' as it cannot predict what might happen the following day/week/month and cannot reasonably be checked every time someone turns up to work showing little or no symptoms

In most cases, just heed the advice being provided and (where people are required to work) help ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself, your colleagues and those others with whom you might come into contact by carrying out your own duty of care and encouraging others to do theirs whenever/wherever required

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:32 am

stickywicket wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

. The fact he was shaking hands with virus suffers beggers believe whenever it was..
Anyhow it's f*cking worrying that Hancock and the chief medical officer has got it shows how fast this thing can spread

yes it was ill thought out, but so as much of whats happened right across Europe. from the head of medical emergencies in Spain dismissing the virus 6 weeks ago as something they will only have a handful of cases of, to numerous politicians either being found positive or self isolating to Italian politicians threatening to send around police with FLAME THROWERS in Italy for people breaching the lockdown..
be honest if he hadn't been shaking hands youd have said that was wrong too...

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:28 pm

Johnson warns situation will get worse

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has told his cabinet "the situation is going to get worse before it gets better – but it will get better", a Downing Street spokesman said.

Senior ministers took part in the meeting by video link.

The spokesman said: "The PM said the rising death toll in recent days showed the vital importance of the public continuing to stick to the social distancing guidance which has been put in place by the government, based on scientific and medical advice."