PREM & LEAGUES TO FINISH OF SEASON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:27 pm

The new Premier League and EFL plan for the season that Liverpool, Leeds United, Cardiff City and Swansea will all approve of

The 2019/20 football season could now be completed behind closed doors over a four to six week period starting in July

Saturday 28th March 2020

Football bosses are now setting out plans to finish the 2019/20 campaign behind closed doors over a period of four to six weeks starting in July.

That's according to football.london who are reporting the development on Saturday afternoon. The FA, Premier League and the EFL are all said to be involved in discussions that will try and bring some clarity to the current uncertainty.

A firm emphasis has been placed on the season finishing by football bosses and therefore avoiding the potential ramifications of an unfinished competition, including big money being lost in revenue for clubs.

The UK is currently under a lockdown, as imposed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday evening, and that is not set to end, at the earliest, until April 13, meaning clubs are still well over a fortnight away from getting the chance to get their players back together and resuming training.

But with the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak only expected to worsen in the coming weeks in the UK, no guarantees of training resuming by mid-April can be assured.

The season, of course, has been postponed until April 30, at the earliest, though that restart date seems somewhat premature because of the severity of the coronavirus outbreak.

Football.london claim that they have been told by some of London’s Premier League clubs, who have not been named, that a firm proposal is yet to have been presented to them, as it is impossible to predict when this crisis, at such a level it’s currently, will come to an end.

A vast majority of clubs in England are desperate for the season to be allowed to reach a natural conclusion, as promotions, relegations and a whole host of other factors are yet to be decided.

But there are reportedly some pushing for this season to just be written off - a scenario that would devastate the likes of Liverpool who are on the brink of winning the Premier League title.

The Premier League could be played behind closed doors in July
Cardiff City and Swansea are among those still in with a chance of a top six finish in the Championship, and a potentially significant financial boost by way of promotion to the Premier League.

Football.london claim that a conference call has been scheduled for today [Saturday] between the FA, the Premier League and the EFL to discuss what needs to be done to allow the season to reach a conclusion, with the plan presenting the idea of trying complete the season in July behind closed doors, unless the situation worsens across the country.
Attachments
3BE1FB62-8D16-4263-B8EC-A394DF5836BB.jpeg
3BE1FB62-8D16-4263-B8EC-A394DF5836BB.jpeg (389.31 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: PREM & LEAGUES TO FINISH OF SEASON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS I

Postby TERRYB » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Cannot see any chance whatsoever of this happening; behind closed doors but you still have probably 30+ players, 4 match officials, team coaches and medical staff and other Club representatives and always a possibility of fans outside the Stadium. No way on God's Earth can I see them allowing this whilst the virus is still causing chaos.
TERRYB

Postby BC-CB » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:54 pm

TERRYB wrote:Cannot see any chance whatsoever of this happening; behind closed doors but you still have probably 30+ players, 4 match officials, team coaches and medical staff and other Club representatives and always a possibility of fans outside the Stadium. No way on God's Earth can I see them allowing this whilst the virus is still causing chaos.

I agree with TERRYB.
BC-CB

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:54 pm

BC-CB wrote:
TERRYB wrote:Cannot see any chance whatsoever of this happening; behind closed doors but you still have probably 30+ players, 4 match officials, team coaches and medical staff and other Club representatives and always a possibility of fans outside the Stadium. No way on God's Earth can I see them allowing this whilst the virus is still causing chaos.

I agree with TERRYB.

I 2nd that
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Thewifestheboss » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:55 pm

For God's sake cancel the season. How can anyone justify having 2 teams of 11 + substitutes, management team etc. when we are being told to stay 2 metres apart. If this goes ahead how irresponsible is this.
Thewifestheboss

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:20 pm

Thewifestheboss wrote:For God's sake cancel the season. How can anyone justify having 2 teams of 11 + substitutes, management team etc. when we are being told to stay 2 metres apart. If this goes ahead how irresponsible is this.

I don't see it happening either but the article mentions July which is 3 months away...
dogfound

Postby thomasblue » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:59 pm

They should finish the season and start the next one in January to coincide with the qatar world cup in 2022 which is held in November/ December. That season will get messed about aswell so we may aswell donit now.
Have 2 seasons like that then revert back after the world cup.
Virus gone, the season gets finished , everyone's happy, leeds stay down again . All is right with the world.
thomasblue

Postby philrogers » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:33 pm

If its OK to close down the non-league season below National League North and South then its OK to expunge the rest. The only reason for keeping the season going is money. Broadcast money. All the big boys want is to protect their wallets.

Dont put lives at risk, cancel the season now and look to start a new season at some point this year.
philrogers

Postby Chippy82 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 pm

Surely theres more to life than this poxy football season being finished if theres any pandemic in july and they still say social distancing is way forward how can they even comprehend football restarting behind closed doors will the players stay meter and a bit apart its pathetic only reason this is being discussed is because of the money that's its pathetic
Chippy82

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
Thewifestheboss wrote:For God's sake cancel the season. How can anyone justify having 2 teams of 11 + substitutes, management team etc. when we are being told to stay 2 metres apart. If this goes ahead how irresponsible is this.

I don't see it happening either but the article mentions July which is 3 months away...

That’s what I was thinking
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluebird Always » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:02 pm

Social distancing 2 metres apart.
Applies to footballers too!
Won't happen. Too risky!
Bluebird Always

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:Social distancing 2 metres apart.
Applies to footballers too!
Won't happen. Too risky!

We’re talking nearly 4 months away mind mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Ray Bishop » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:44 am

Up to last week I really thought it was best to get the season finished whatever! But as time goes by I honestly believe the only option is to null and void the season and hopefully start 20/21 instead. It’ll be a logistical nightmare to try and finish this season. Can’t see training starting again till at least late May, plus allplayers in last year of contract expire on 30th June. And what happens to next season if current one finishes in July? Best to null and void this season!
Ray Bishop

Postby Professor » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:56 am

Can’t see that happening.

The lawsuits should a player/player’s family get this and die as a result is far too great.

The AFL and NRL tried to do the behind closed doors thing and lasted 2 weeks before having to admit defeat and postpone the seasons.

All of this nonsense to just serve Liverpool is bizarre. There are 91 other clubs to consider.
Professor

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:25 am

The only single reason finishing the season is being even discussed is MONEY
After all the magnificent and brave work that has been put in so far and will continue to do so till this global crisis is over by essential workers finishing the season and risking people’s lives over MONEY should not even be considered :evil:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:13 am

Like everyone else TERRYB I fully agree with your point. For goodness sake why does football think it is a special case? We will all lose out financially due to this crisis why is football any different?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:18 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:The only single reason finishing the season is being even discussed is MONEY
After all the magnificent and brave work that has been put in so far and will continue to do so till this global crisis is over by essential workers finishing the season and risking people’s lives over MONEY should not even be considered :evil:

Spot on my friend. You get the feeling that clubs, agents and players believe they are more important than the brave health care workers in this country and around the world.

The bastards will pay a heavy price if they continue with this arrogant outlook. The backlash against football could be massive with fans boycotting games, not renewing season tickets and Sky/BT subscriptions. Hey I can even see them asking for a Government bail out because clubs are having trouble paying players their £100,000pw pay packets. :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Chippy82 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:00 am

Well it's in press now saying chances are lockdown till june and the 2 meter social distancing being in place for months after that so again how wan they be talking about football re starting
Chippy82

Postby marky1927 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:46 pm

THESE PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO REALLY PISS ME OFF AT THE MOMENT ,ALL THEY ARE THINKING OF ARE THEMSELVES ,WHEN THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE RIGHT NOW ARE OUR BRAVE NHS WORKERS, SUPERMARKET WORKERS AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO ARE KEEPING THE COUNTRY GOING, IM SELF EMPLOYED AND SAT AT HOME LOOKING TO TAKE A 10 K HIT OVER THE NEXT 12 WEEKS AS I CAN NOT WORK, THE SEASON JUST NEEDS TO BE CANCELLED IF IT IS EVER STARTED THOSE LOOKING AT RELEGATION ARE JUST GOING TO GO INTO LOCK DOWN ANYWAY AND IT WILL KEEP HAPPENING CANCEL IT NOW.
marky1927

Postby dogfound » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:The only single reason finishing the season is being even discussed is MONEY

Spot on my friend. You get the feeling that clubs, agents and players believe they are more important than the brave health care workers in this country and around the world.

The bastards will pay a heavy price if they continue with this arrogant outlook. The backlash against football could be massive with fans boycotting games, not renewing season tickets and Sky/BT subscriptions. Hey I can even see them asking for a Government bail out because clubs are having trouble paying players their £100,000pw pay packets. :roll:

got to say , everything ive read regarding actual players has been very positive...players taking cuts in wages and some not taking pay at all... most of the headlines are from others not the players themselves..
dogfound

Return to General Chat