Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: “ VIRUS NOW IN STEADY DECLINE “

Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:35 pm

SPAIN has seen another record day in terms of deaths from coronavirus with 838 dying from the disease between Saturday and Sunday,

By Lawrence Dollimore

Spanish news

Sunday 29th March 2020

The Spanish Authorities believe the virus has hit its peak in Spain and figures show the virus itself is in a steady decline.

It brings the total number of deaths to 6,582 with the number of confirmed cases reaching 78,797.

According to data from the Health Ministry, there were 6,549 fresh cases confirmed this morning.

While the figure represents a 9% increase on the previous 24 hours, it also proves that the rate of infection has been in a steady decline since Tuesday.

The increase in infection rate has generally been on the decline since last Thursday, when it reached 25%.

Experts hope this means the peak and ensuing decline in cases are arriving soon.

Meanwhile, in the past 24 hours alone, some 2,424 COVID-19 patients have been cured (a total of 14,709 since the epidemic began).

Madrid, the worst-hit region, is also showing positive trends.

While it registered 325 new deaths on Sunday, it is a drop of 20 from Saturday while the number of infections has also fallen.

As of Sunday, there are 22,677 cases in the region, an increase of 1,157.

While still on the up, it’s much lower than the 2,277 increase recorded on Saturday.

It means Madrid saw its infection rate cut in half in 24 hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: “ VIRUS NOW IN STEADY DECLINE “

Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 pm

I wouldn't get too excited Annis.

On several occasions we've heard in Italy that the infection and death numbers increases have gone down, only for them to rise higher than ever in the coming days.

This is a long long way from getting better all over the World.

One thing is for sure, it's going to get worse in the UK for a long period.

If people think these restrictions over here will be lifted in two weeks, they are deluded. I think it's very likely that the UK Government will strengthen these restrictions soon because there are still idiots ignoring it.

It won't surprise me if the UK operated under these conditions until at least June.

As for Spain and Italy, I'm not convinced this steady decline will carry on - we've heard it several times before.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I wouldn't get too excited Annis.

On several occasions we've heard in Italy that the infection and death numbers increases have gone down, only for them to rise higher than ever in the coming days.

If people think these restrictions over here will be lifted in two weeks, they are deluded. I think it's very likely that the UK Government will strengthen these restrictions soon because there are still idiots ignoring it.

It won't surprise me if the UK operated under these conditions until at least June.

As for Spain and Italy, I'm not convinced this steady decline will carry on - we've heard it several times before.

Ned,

I agree it’s not guaranteed.

But we need good news over here badly.

Plus the GOVT said this weekend over here would reach its peak and it has hopefully.

They all say from Monday we will see bigger deslines.

We’ve already seen that in Mallorca.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I wouldn't get too excited Annis.

Ned,

I agree it’s not guaranteed.

But we need good news over here badly.

Plus the GOVT said this weekend over here would reach its peak and it has hopefully.

They all say from Monday we will see bigger deslines.

We’ve already seen that in Mallorca.

I’m sure you won’t get excited Annis but that has to be good news.
That doc who was on earlier said that when the uk figures eventually begin to plateau and new cases figures begin to drop daily (as in Spain for last few days) there may be the odd jump up but it could well spark the beginning of the end mate. Long way to go but it has to be good news, long overdue. :thumbup:

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:46 pm

From this Monday coming the fines in the Balearic Islands ( Mallorca) etc for not having a good reason to go out of your house will go up from 200euros to 600euros and repeat offenders 2,000 euros.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Should be bringing that in in the UK Annis

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:46 pm

:thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 pm

A Spanish Air Force plane carrying medical supplies donated by the Czech Republic has landed in Madrid.

The aircraft, which touched down at Torrejón air base on Sunday, was stocked up with 10,000 protective medical suits and 90 respirators.

The delivery was organised by Nato at the request of Spain, which has the second highest death toll from the virus in the world.

Another delivery of a similar number of Czech medical suits will be made to Italy on Monday.

Nato, a transatlantic military alliance, thanked the Czech Republic for its "generous bilateral aid", describing its contribution as "solidarity in action".

Spain and Italy are the two worst-affected countries in Europe.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 pm

The concern is that we are being led into a false dawn.

Yes the government have to put lock downs in place to buy time, fully support them. But these shrinking cases are a direct result of those lockdowns.

Once the lockdowns are over then it surely won’t be long before we are back to a critical point again. This isn’t something that is just going to go away.

We are either all going to have to slowly get it and take our chances (something I really don’t want to happen for obvious reasons) or we wait for a vaccine (which is apparently at least 18 months away).

I genuinely don’t see an awful lot changing in the next 12 months as we head towards this potential vaccine. Just countries going into damage limitation mode.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Professor wrote:The concern is that we are being led into a false dawn.

Yes the government have to put lock downs in place to buy time, fully support them. But these shrinking cases are a direct result of those lockdowns.

Once the lockdowns are over then it surely won’t be long before we are back to a critical point again. This isn’t something that is just going to go away.

We are either all going to have to slowly get it and take our chances (something I really don’t want to happen for obvious reasons) or we wait for a vaccine (which is apparently at least 18 months away).

I genuinely don’t see an awful lot changing in the next 12 months as we head towards this potential vaccine. Just countries going into damage limitation mode.

This is a good watch. :thumbup:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgBla7RepXU

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:01 am

Turkey has received meds from China, claimed to be corona aimed,and claim to reduce recovery to 4 days?? Either they (china)are using turkey as a test case,or they have something?? They also supplied them with a million testing kits. It's good to here any kind of good news in these terrible times,however small :thumbup: but be in no doubt,the next few weeks in this country,is going to be rough as f@ck,lastly had to do some essential shopping for my mum today,and still saw a few people in groups,no distancing behaviour whatsoever, these f@ck heads should be arrested and put into quarantine for however long it takes for the very simple message to hit home,get a grip you mlrons (groups) you are not hard or clever,you are just thick as f@ck :banghead: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 am

Professor wrote:The concern is that we are being led into a false dawn.

You could be right.

This will all be dependant on what the infection trend is from next Monday onwards (14 days after initial lockdown). If it starts on a downward trajectory then we can be hopeful that whilst social distancing is something we'll need to get used to over a long period of time, some of the travelling and other restrictions might be gradually released and, sometimes, turned back on again.

At the moment we're all guessing but the next 10 days will likely be pretty rough in terms of infections and deaths but the key is after that.

Let's just hope some of these idiots who think social distancing doesn't apply to them get the message and take a less selfish view.