Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stop blaming the youth..

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 am

There's a few people on here who seem to have a bee in their bonnet and want to blame youngsters for everything at the moment.

I find it absolutely bizzare to be honest.

This virus was caused by adults and spread by adults to start with.

Further more the restrictions we are now under were essentially brought on by the failure of ADULTS to understand the concept of social distancing and the failure of (some) in certain categories to stay at home.

The whole supermarket panic buying situation was brought on by adults which by the way is a national disgrace in itself seeing the amount of food that is reportedly being thrown out this week yes by adults.

Yes there might be some kids out but it's no more than some adults who are by far the worst culprits in this.

I think our kids have been absolutely in this whole situation and have taken it in their stride, yes there might be a few idiots same as there are in every generation like those adults who are still flooding public transport and shops for non essentials.

Blaming the youth and saying they don't understand the situation is an insult to our youngsters imo even more so when the behaviour of those who should no better and be setting the example has been nothing short of a disgrace

Re: Stop blaming the youth..

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:17 am

Perhaps when you stop blaming the older generation people will not have a bee in their bonnet.
The older generation are not out playing football or doing weight training in the park or congregating in crowds, younger people are! Leave it out, we all know your thoughts! :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:37 am

Igovernor wrote:Perhaps when you stop blaming the older generation people will not have a bee in their bonnet.
The older generation are not out playing football or doing weight training in the park or congregating in crowds, younger people are! Leave it out, we all know your thoughts! :thumbup:

As I said to you on another thread which you ignored, Im not playing a blame game but will defend and state the facts as I see them, if that doesn't sit with you so be it, I'll survive. Il leave it out when others do, more posts on here overnight blaming the kids hence my post, if you don't like what I have to say the ignore button is there for you.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 am

The blame sits with our Chinese friends, the disgusting cruel wet markets and their sinking filthy eating habits.
Our youth and millenials are no different to other country...just a waste of space

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 am

Youth is considered to be between 18-25 years apparently. I thought once youre 18yrs, that was adulthood.

Anyway, Bill should be giving them a good slap. Thats what happened to me when I was being a tosser..some people need to learn the hard way. Most of that age group are alright in my experience tho'.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:37 am

Rather than point fingers how about celebrating the fantastic response from former medical staff who have returned to the NHS and the 750,000 young healthy people who have come forward in support of vulnerable people. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:45 am

My point entirely Tony.

If people can just stop the pot shots.

I do wish I hadn't created this thread but I logged on this morning to more posts blaming youngsters and I will defend them as I have done as I think they have been fantastic throughout all this

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 am

RV Casual wrote:My point entirely Tony.

If people can just stop the pot shots.

I do wish I hadn't created this thread but I logged on this morning to more posts blaming youngsters and I will defend them as I have done as I think they have been fantastic throughout all this

Only thing I have to say is that you must live in a different area, to myself and different area's to my friends, because what you say is not correct where we all live.
But enough said now, not going to comment on this subject anymore :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:13 am

I have to agree. It seems the majority are 50 plus who are ignoring the rules from personal experience. Went shopping yesterday everyone had kept they distance except 2 groups of 60 plus were huddled together like nothing was wrong. Also seems the general consensus on Facebook. (Not that that is a reliable source. )

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 am

Igovernor wrote:Perhaps when you stop blaming the older generation people will not have a bee in their bonnet.

Spot on Roger :thumbright:

I know for a fact in many years areas of Cardiff / London / Bradford that’s it the youth on the streets still .

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:19 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Rather than point fingers how about celebrating the fantastic response from former medical staff who have returned to the NHS and the 750,000 young healthy people who have come forward in support of vulnerable people. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Excellent post Tony :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I know for a fact in many years areas of Cardiff / London / Bradford that’s it the youth on the streets still .

Well perhaps it's the Citys that have the issues then as I can guatenatee you that is not what's happening in the Valleys where the people flouting the rules are the adults not the kids.

Also, by default if the kids are on the streets in the Citys the responsibility for that ultimately lies with the adults for letting them out in the first place.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:33 am

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well perhaps it's the Citys that have the issues then as I can guatenatee you that is not what's happening in the Valleys where the people flouting the rules are the adults not the kids.

Also, by default if the kids are on the streets in the Citys the responsibility for that ultimately lies with the adults for letting them out in the first place.

It is the main City’s with the youth issue’s.
Some of those areas the police are to scared to go in to.

It’s our 16th day in lockdown over here and not one youth has been seen on the streets. Why because Guardia Civil are zero tolerance.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 am

Igovernor wrote:The older generation are not out playing football or doing weight training in the park or congregating in crowds

Nah they're just crowding the supermarkets buying up all the supplies and giving retail staff abuse.
Self entitled asshole boomers caused my friend to quit her Coop job cos of all the abuse she was getting from them.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:41 am

The truth is that the flouting of advice is coming from all areas and all groups in society...

Sadly, there are people old, young and in between who have a blatant disregard for the rules, themselves and/or other peoples health, safety and welfare

Whether we like it or not, we are all in this together and we will all see different examples according to where we live

Management is the key and that (this will come as a shock to some) begins at home! ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:51 am

Sven wrote:The truth is that the flouting of advice is coming from all areas and all groups in society...

Sadly, there are people old, young and in between who have a blatant disregard for the rules, themselves and/or other peoples health, safety and welfare

Whether we like it or not, we are all in this together and we will all see different examples according to where we live

Management is the key and that (this will come as a shock to some) begins at home! ;) :ayatollah:

I agree Sven if there are people breaking the guidelines then they come from all parts of society. I can't really comment because I only go out to buy food once a week so I don't really get an accurate viewpoint.

That said there was some politician moaning this morning that 'other people were failing to social distance in London'. The evidence was other people were running in the same park as herself!

A kettle calling the pot black for sure. :roll:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:12 pm

It seems to be different here in the Valleys. A lot of youngsters delivering food to the elderly and helping out as safely as they can. Most youngsters here are inside playing xbox with friends or playing football manager online. More to do inside down here than outside anyway Haha

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Sven wrote:The truth is that the flouting of advice is coming from all areas and all groups in society...

A lot of sense there Sven, especially the last part, if these kids are out...

You're right though, we are all in this together, Im just getting frustrated as the youth where I live, including my family who have seen school closed, trips cancelled and holidays put on hold till who knows when are being critisized by some, unfairly imo, however, I will conceded that the behaviour, does appear it seems, to depend on where you live

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:It seems to be different here in the Valleys. A lot of youngsters delivering food to the elderly and helping out as safely as they can. Most youngsters here are inside playing xbox with friends or playing football manager online. More to do inside down here than outside anyway Haha

Thanks mate, few of you at least backing up what I am saying and hopefully others will now see where my frustration has come from

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:The older generation are not out playing football or doing weight training in the park or congregating in crowds

Nah they're just crowding the supermarkets buying up all the supplies and giving retail staff abuse.
Self entitled asshole boomers caused my friend to quit her Coop job cos of all the abuse she was getting from them.

Shops are supposed to be limiting the amount people can buy, and there should be no crowding going on. Which shop is it?

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:33 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

Shops are supposed to be limiting the amount people can buy, and there should be no crowding going on. Which shop is it?

All big supermarkets are limiting many many items they also allow the first hour of opening for older and disabled customers, that is apart from Tesco who allow one hour between 9am and 10am so are they going to throw all ordinary customers out at 9am, it does not work, other supermarkets are doing it right there is no crowding, waitrose allow only 40 customers in at one time, one out one in, and I think other supermarkets are doing the same sort of thing. Another dig at the older generation, some people just make things up :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:53 pm

Igovernor wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

All big supermarkets are limiting many many items they also allow the first hour of opening for older and disabled customers, that is apart from Tesco who allow one hour between 9am and 10am so are they going to throw all ordinary customers out at 9am, it does not work, other supermarkets are doing it right there is no crowding, waitrose allow only 40 customers in at one time, one out one in, and I think other supermarkets are doing the same sort of thing. Another dig at the older generation, some people just make things up :thumbup:

Since the lockdown that is true, but if as I suspect he is talking about before Boris was forced to put in further measures he's quite right as people were not listening and what he's put is what was happening, you can even dispute that surely?

It's been reported in the press this week that there has been a massive waste of food thrown out this week that was bought during this period, which is a disgrace realy.

Again, its not a 'dig' just the facts.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:16 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

Since the lockdown that is true, but if as I suspect he is talking about before Boris was forced to put in further measures he's quite right as people were not listening and what he's put is what was happening, you can even dispute that surely?

It's been reported in the press this week that there has been a massive waste of food thrown out this week that was bought during this period, which is a disgrace realy.

Again, its not a 'dig' just the facts.

Yes I agree, he does not say whether before the lockdown or after that he is talking about, and i do not take that as a dig :thumbup:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm

How on earth would anyone know the age of the people who started the virus,someone told my uncle’s friend that it was started by a kid one day short of his 17th birthday,but i can’t confirm that obviously.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Ninianman wrote:How on earth would anyone know the age of the people who started the virus,someone told my uncle’s friend that it was started by a kid one day short of his 17th birthday,but i can’t confirm that obviously.

I didn't say started I said caused.

Widely accepted it originated in the wet market in Wuhan due to the unhygencis way the Chineese run the places.

I'm confident it's adults that work and run the market and not Youths and I think its a safe bet to ssy the virus was then spread by those thst work there.

Hope this clarifies things.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:14 pm

Well I think we are just looking for someone to blame!
I have just started as a delivery driver for Tescos, and on my travels around Cardiff and Barry, the roads are about 10% of normal, and as far as people on the streets, it's generally like a ghost town, so I would say we are generally adhering to the lockdown :old: :occasion5:

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:04 pm

If the cap fits wear it.
Youth and adults have been seen congregating in groups.
Now is the time for tolerance.
Changing the habit of a lifetime isnt easy. lets just try to educate the people we see in groups as im sure they would take to that much better than the blame game.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It is the main City’s with the youth issue’s.
Some of those areas the police are to scared to go in to.

It’s our 16th day in lockdown over here and not one youth has been seen on the streets. Why because Guardia Civil are zero tolerance.

The GC are equal opportunity Bastards, not just football fans they batter.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Jes wrote:If the cap fits wear it.
Youth and adults have been seen congregating in groups.
Now is the time for tolerance.
Changing the habit of a lifetime isnt easy. lets just try to educate the people we see in groups as im sure they would take to that much better than the blame game.

Or just start tazzering them.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Ninianman wrote:How on earth would anyone know the age of the people who started the virus,someone told my uncle’s friend that it was started by a kid one day short of his 17th birthday,but i can’t confirm that obviously.

I didn't say started I said caused.

Widely accepted it originated in the wet market in Wuhan due to the unhygencis way the Chineese run the places.

I'm confident it's adults that work and run the market and not Youths and I think its a safe bet to ssy the virus was then spread by those thst work there.

Hope this clarifies things.

RV. What you’re saying is that adults should have known that a bat bit a chicken.