Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ UK Now 1,415 Deaths “

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:16 pm

Monday 30th March 2020

180 RISE IN DEATHS

UK NOW 1,415 DEATHS :cry:

England 1,284 Deaths
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ UK Now 1,415 Deaths “

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:47 pm

How coronavirus cases in Wales have rocketed

There have been 14 new coronavirus deaths confirmed in Wales, Public Health Wales has said.

This brings the total number of deaths linked to Covid-19 to 62.

There were 210 new cases of the virus, bringing the total confirmed cases in Wales to 1,451.

This is the largest daily increase announced so far.

However, PHW stressed the true number of cases was likely to be much higher.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Monday 30th March 2020

180 RISE IN DEATHS

England 1,284 Deaths

...and it’ll continue to rise for a few weeks yet. Hopefully the number of new cases will drop in 2-3 weeks and this will eventually have an effect on the death toll. Just like will shortly be happening in Spain.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

There are 140+ people in the Royal gwent with it, the Celtic Mannor is being prepped to become an overflow if required

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm

RV Casual wrote:There are 140+ people in the Royal gwent with it, the Celtic Mannor is being prepped to become an overflow if required

I read somewhere today that confirmed Gwent cases are high due to the Heath board there carrying out more testing than elsewhere

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:46 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:There are 140+ people in the Royal gwent with it, the Celtic Mannor is being prepped to become an overflow if required

I read somewhere today that confirmed Gwent cases are high due to the Heath board there carrying out more testing than elsewhere

yes was just on TV, early on they were doing far more tests than anyone else in Wales..

Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:11 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

180 RISE IN DEATHS

England 1,284 Deaths

...and it’ll continue to rise for a few weeks yet. Hopefully the number of new cases will drop in 2-3 weeks and this will eventually have an effect on the death toll. Just like will shortly be happening in Spain.

To be fair the number has slightly dropped the last 2 days but of course I expect it will rise but I believe we might get lucky with not getting the 800/900 a day numbers seen in Italy and Spain. I remember seeing that we were 2 weeks behind Italy when they had over 5500 cases and that's nearly 2 weeks ago and we have been nowhere near the numbers. I hope I'm right

Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:46 pm

stuey1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

180 RISE IN DEATHS

England 1,284 Deaths

To be fair the number has slightly dropped the last 2 days but of course I expect it will rise but I believe we might get lucky with not getting the 800/900 a day numbers seen in Italy and Spain. I remember seeing that we were 2 weeks behind Italy when they had over 5500 cases and that's nearly 2 weeks ago and we have been nowhere near the numbers. I hope I'm right

On the news earlier it was reported that we seem to be flattening (very little amount) a little more than Italy was at this time 2 weeks ago (think they said 2).
Even if there’s a few fluctuations on the way, this HAS to be a good sign.
A terrible few weeks to come before we reap this tho.

Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm

It’ll probably take a week or two to see the benefit of the UK “lockdown,” as the figures until then will primarily consist of individuals who had the virus prior to these measures being imposed. Therefore, it’s important we stay in doors as much as possible.

Moving forward, we need to keep the number of casualties below the NHS capability level so that everyone can get the best treatment possible, thus saving lives and without having to implement medical triage. This will be achieved through harsher and more lenient socially restrictive measures at various points in the future in my opinion. To keep casualty rates below the aforementioned level, it will have to be over a longer duration, although in the long term I do wonder how we are going to ever eliminate the virus from society. Surely a cure is the only answer?

It’s ironic that social distancing has created a feeling of togetherness around the entire world.

Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

“ UK HITS HIGHEST EVER 24 HR VIRUS / SO PLEASE STAY IN “
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213888