Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ It’s just not happening “

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:24 am

North Acton just one of many train stations just yesterday

Social distancing is not happening in the UK so the virus is not being contained .

If the UK does not go on lockdown the virus will exceed Italy & Spain and the UK has been warned big time for a month.

Plus people are standing in crowds still in many areas of London and big Cities .

Plus I am not a fan of the Police but they need to be zero tolerance and given more powers .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213888 :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ It’s just not happening “

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:North Acton just one of many train stations just yesterday

Social distancing is not happening in the UK so the virus is not being contained .

If the UK does not go on lockdown the virus will exceed Italy & Spain and the UK has been warned big time for a month.

Plus people are standing in crowds still in many areas of London and big Cities .

Plus I am not a fan of the Police but they need to be zero tolerance and given more powers .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213888 :cry:

It's only London that's not listening, the rest of the country is absolutely dead ,all towns across the country are like ghost towns

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213888

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:31 am

Insane.
Where are they all going?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213888

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:36 am

wez1927 wrote:

It's only London that's not listening, the rest of the country is absolutely dead ,all towns across the country are like ghost towns

I agree.
I went into school to work yesterday and on journey there and back I saw only single people walking and when padding they were keeping the distances.
We’ll get over this despite the idiots in the picture as the vast vast majority are listening

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 am

I can really see that London may be subjected to increased lockdown restrictions whilst other parts of the UK are eased.

As usual, those in London seem to think their work is more important than everyone else !!

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:38 am

wez1927 wrote:

I agree most of the country seems to be fine, In London, they probably need to close a load of underground stations and perhaps police them so that not too many are allowed on at once, although I appreciate it's hard to do, they need to do something that is the epicentre and responsible for a lot of the deaths.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:43 am

I agree the picture is concerning but look at all of the evidence before jumping to conclusions - like many on here I have family living and working in London and this picture is NOT representative of the whole picture.

The massive majority in the UK is doing it’s best thanks, I think we should be careful what we write.

CTID

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 am

Crazy. They all appear to be older people. Strange that.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 am

JimmyJazz wrote:I agree the picture is concerning but look at all of the evidence before jumping to conclusions - like many on here I have family living and working in London and this picture is NOT representative of the whole picture.

The massive majority in the UK is doing it’s best thanks, I think we should be careful what we write.

CTID

But London is the Capital of ENGLAND and a major place.
It’s going to be like Madrid.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm

A lot of those people will be key workers left with no choice because there’s few trains running. It should be controlled by tfl tho...

Canton is very quiet with people observing the guidance. In fact it feels a bit weird when people avoid you..

Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm

Incredible stupidity !!! Sheer selfishness while the vast vast majority of the country put up with shutdown Londoners ignore the call , not all I may add, however these trains are virus city.I can see a situation where the crisis eases in Wales and a relaxation will be called for .This will be ignored because virus city shoves two fingers up to the rest of us and will mean the shutdown will continue because of these selfish bastards.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:08 pm

rumpo kid wrote:A lot of those people will be key workers left with no choice because there’s few trains running. It should be controlled by tfl tho...

Canton is very quiet with people observing the guidance. In fact it feels a bit weird when people avoid you..

the police are checking peoples reasons for travel at the stations , so yes mostly if not all key workers. and unfortunately they find themselves having to negotiate a reduced over crowded transport service..
should be applauding them for putting themselves in danger...

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Insane.
Where are they all going?

Work!! because they are probably key workes.
NHS. Supermarket workers, Goverment, transport , private carers. Service workers. The list is endless and London is the hub. Do you really think they want to be there?
Social distancing is pretty impossible on public transport
But how else will the get to work.

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=213888