MY THOUGHTS: NO SPORT UNTIL 2021?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:53 pm

MY THOUGHTS:

I am not an expert or anything concerning the virus but the way they are at the moment and what the Premier League and EFL leagues are trying to do I just think that they are just saying things for the sake of them. So personally I think Sport as a whole will not happen this year as much as many would hope for I doubt we will see anything until next year. From the F1 to the Boxing it will all be hoping for something that clearly dont look likley at all.

FORMULA 1:
F1 almost ran a session at the Australia Grand Prix but due to a few pit crew members catching the virus it was put off and furthermore the 4x F1 Champ Sebastian Vettel got permission to leave early on in the morning of the big day of the decision to cancel the whole event. Its not looking likely at all that the current F1 2020 season will start because of the whole circus of it all including broadcasters, F1 bosses, teams and drivers, stewards and others that would be at risk.

FOOTBALL:
I simply can not see any football happening this year regardless of the hope and demand from the leagues all around the world. But this is an ever changing situation and we just won't know until the time takes us all through the summer months. It is safe to say that the headlines will be that the Premier League AND EFL will want this season finished no matter what but they simply can not predict what will happen with the virus.

I for one can not predict the future and this whole situation is forever changing so take this with a pinch of salt all i am doing is giving my thoughts on the current situation which could change at any moment. I hope you all stay safe and cosy and your homes and we as a nation will get through this whether or not sport returns this year.

Let me know below YOUR THOUGHTS on what could, should would happen to sport if anything in 2020.
Attachments
Untitled design.png
Untitled design.png (638.24 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY THOUGHTS: NO SPORT UNTIL 2021?

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:36 pm

Sport of some kind will be back before the end of this year SAM ( IMO ) May be not this country first but the world is big .

As soon as a country has this under control then - things will be back to normal - But what worries me is if/when we get a second wave of this virus - Hopefully by then we may have found the cure to stop this virus .

Those who are not aware - take a look at what is still going on in BELARUS ....

The Belarusian Premier League is still playing!

Despite the global outbreak of COVID-19 coronavirus, which has seen almost all of 2020's sporting events cancelled or postponed, life in Belarus for football fans has carried on as normal.

The country has 152 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and the Belarusian President, Alexander Lukashenko - who has been in power since 1994, has downplayed the need for social distancing measures and continues to play ice hockey himself.

As one of the last remaining sporting competitions, football fans worldwide have been trying to tune in with TV deals with Russia, Israel and India all coming in recent days to broadcast fixtures.
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Sport of some kind will be back before the end of this year SAM ( IMO ) May be not this country first but the world is big .

As soon as a country has this under control then - things will be back to normal - But what worries me is if/when we get a second wave of this virus - Hopefully by then we may have found the cure to stop this virus .

Those who are not aware - take a look at what is still going on in BELARUS ....

The Belarusian Premier League is still playing!

Despite the global outbreak of COVID-19 coronavirus, which has seen almost all of 2020's sporting events cancelled or postponed, life in Belarus for football fans has carried on as normal.

The country has 152 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and the Belarusian President, Alexander Lukashenko - who has been in power since 1994, has downplayed the need for social distancing measures and continues to play ice hockey himself.

As one of the last remaining sporting competitions, football fans worldwide have been trying to tune in with TV deals with Russia, Israel and India all coming in recent days to broadcast fixtures.

I think sport should / will return when the medical experts and nobody else say that it’s ready to return.
Nothing to do with money or anything else - when the government says it’s ready, it’s ready. That’s why plans need to be made atm.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Everybody the government included will want sport back on ASAP, mainly because we can get it back on tv to provide some relief from the inevitable boredom people will be going through

The premier league/EFL behind closed doors maybe with an agreement with sky to let it be televised on terrestrial tv is a distinct possibility as soon as the infection rate is under some sort of control
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:52 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Everybody the government included will want sport back on ASAP, mainly because we can get it back on tv to provide some relief from the inevitable boredom people will be going through

The premier league/EFL behind closed doors maybe with an agreement with sky to let it be televised on terrestrial tv is a distinct possibility as soon as the infection rate is under some sort of control

I think that’ll be in the first instance too mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat