Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Boris Johnson “

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:20 am

To many travelling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Boris Johnson “

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 am

Well do something about it and tell these companies too close easy .

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 am

I think one of the big faux Pas of this week was one of the health people staying "The green shoots of recovery might be starting to show..."

He then retracted but the damage was done

Give some an inch and they'll take a mile.. ! :roll:

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 am

Most of the " Green Shoots " - will be dead soon as they decided to close down Garden Centres and Nursery's !!
Why can't the stock be moved/sold to places like Aldi : Lidle : Wilko : or the supermarkets ??
Gardening is good for mental heath and relaxation - Especially with all the dry weather of late .

Anyway back to the point Boris should be back out in the next few days if he is on a 7 day self isolation .

More transport on the road - Is it because less people are taking buses / trains etc or people just not LISTENING !!!
If it is the latter - God help us this weekend as Sunday weather forecast is to hit 16 - 20 C .

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 am

His 'green shoots of recovery' comment didn't even make sense, which kills any sort of confidence you are meant to have in these 'experts'

It will take more than two weeks of lockdown before you see any sort of recovery. Anything before that is just general number fluctuations

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Most of the " Green Shoots " - will be dead soon as they decided to close down Garden Centres and Nursery's !!
Why can't the stock be moved/sold to places like Aldi : Lidle : Wilko : or the supermarkets ??
Gardening is good for mental heath and relaxation - Especially with all the dry weather of late .

Anyway back to the point Boris should be back out in the next few days if he is on a 7 day self isolation .

More transport on the road - Is it because less people are taking buses / trains etc or people just not LISTENING !!!
If it is the latter - God help us this weekend as Sunday weather forecast is to hit 16 - 20 C .

I see buses every day and the most I’ve seen travelling on one is 2!!
Most I see are empty so I’m guessing that these people who WERE using buses etc are now using a car.
Good thing to do to stop the spread.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:36 pm

My mate is a bus driver he worked last Sunday and all he picked up was 5 people working in Tesco's

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm

glyncoed4 wrote:My mate is a bus driver he worked last Sunday and all he picked up was 5 people working in Tesco's

Good news re people taking on the advice given.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:54 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
glyncoed4 wrote:My mate is a bus driver he worked last Sunday and all he picked up was 5 people working in Tesco's

So as i said above - there could be a Good reason for the extra transport on the roads - Let's hope this is the case .

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 pm

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

So as i said above - there could be a Good reason for the extra transport on the roads - Let's hope this is the case .

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Today Matt Hancock will be back to take the stage - Look out for 5 Point Plan - No more Green Shoots !!! ;)

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:37 pm

He should give proper guidance;he acted too late and he knows it.
This is the man who hid in a fridge to hide from being questioned
He will be held accountable

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Bonner wrote:He should give proper guidance;he acted too late and he knows it.
This is the man who hid in a fridge to hide from being questioned
He will be held accountable

So not those advising him, do you think Boris alone just decides how we, as a country, deal with this. Do you honestly believe Corbyn and Co would keep us safe? Too many unqualified people opining on this.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:56 pm

Jock,
He is the Prime Minister, the buck stops with him.
He chooses his advisers.
Stop trying to make excuses for probably the worst Prime Minister we have ever had.
We face the worse crisis since the second world war and we have got a buffoon in charge.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:54 am

spikeferndale wrote:Jock,
He chooses his advisers.
Stop trying to make excuses for probably the worst Prime Minister we have ever had.
We face the worse crisis since the second world war and we have got a buffoon in charge.

yep. biggest crisis since WW2 and all countries have advisors, experts, politicians and thousands of people in the background working their nuts off worldwide to make equipment, come up with drugs. run moduls and trying to find a plan that works to get on top of this ...and guess what , nobody has yet found one to beat this virus.. 200 countries and not one answer...but spike has them all... well one actually call Boris names..

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:46 am

spikeferndale wrote:Jock,
He chooses his advisers.

I’m not making excuses I’m being objective. The CMO and CS would be the same if Corbyn had won. This virus won’t differentiate based on political loyalties mate, we’re all in this together.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 am

Oh Christ see why have the Welsh Momentum Movement out in force, waving their placards and calling the PM names, some on here sound as dim as those bloody reporters asking the same questions and deliberately unmining expert advice every day after the 5 o clock update,

To be honest to try and gain political points scoring by having any dig you can at the Government is as stupid as the question asked lately * any update on next year's season tickets*

Good health to all and stay safe. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:26 am

Surely no one believes that Corbyn and his sidekick McDonnell would have done any better??? ( excuse me while I spit my coffee out).
Unfortunately for us in Wales we have to live with a ( totally useless) Labour “Government”. Is there a more uninspiring dreary dead man walking leader around than Dreary drakford ?

Boris isn’t perfect but he’s a million times more inspiring than anything Labour has/had in its locker.

Thank God most of the UK realised that in the last election we could be in a much worse situation otherwise.

Just a pity that the people of Wales will keep voting for the likes of dreary drakford

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:39 am

JulesK wrote:Oh Christ see why have the Welsh Momentum Movement out in force, waving their placards and calling the PM names, some on here sound as dim as those bloody reporters asking the same questions and deliberately unmining expert advice every day after the 5 o clock update,

To be honest to try and gain political points scoring by having any dig you can at the Government is as stupid as the question asked lately * any update on next year's season tickets*

Great post.
I was thinking how to word a post myself and you’ve done it for me. :thumbup:

Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:41 am

JulesK wrote:Oh Christ see why have the Welsh Momentum Movement out in force, waving their placards and calling the PM names, some on here sound as dim as those bloody reporters asking the same questions and deliberately unmining expert advice every day after the 5 o clock update,

ITV use Robert Preston as their go to guy on Covid19, he’s a fekkin financial journalist who knows no more about this than you or me. Yet the prick is questioning medical experts and scientists.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Did anyone see Boris last night ?? He did not look good when he was clapping for care/key workers last night .

I thought he would be back out this weekend - Still got a fever by all accounts .

Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Jock, I cannot even understand that Preston when he starts withering on :roll:

Stay in and stay safe lads and lasses.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:16 pm

It's not about political gain, it's about telling the truth.
Our Government in Cardiff, often criticised, knew the importance of testing during the Corona Virus pandemic and had placed an order of testing kits with the Roche company in Switzerland. The order was to provide 5000 tests a day in Wales. (Remember health is devolved.) When the inept Westminster clowns found out we were 'gazzumped' and Roche 'bullied' into cancelling the order with Wales because they had at the time no orders for such kits. The Welsh Labour government, and I'm not a fan, had realised the importance of testing following WHO advise. Both Wales and Scotland had done this, of course test will now come to Wales via England at a much lower rate than required. We will receive 4% of tests even though in Gwent the virus has hit 8% of the population!

This news clip explains everything

https://twitter.com/OwsWills/status/1245090724200288258

Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Explains everything about the stupidity of devolution. One country has much more leverage in bulk purchase than four separate organisations. They’re criticised often because they’re not fit for their roles, and they seem very dim.

And 4% of test kits bears no correlation to an 8% populace in Gwent.

ffs.. I give up. Go and wave ya leek about in NorthWales where you think someone’s interested. Although they’re probably not.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:50 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Explains everything about the stupidity of devolution. One country has much more leverage in bulk purchase than four separate organisations. They’re criticised often because they’re not fit for their roles, and they seem very dim.

And 4% of test kits bears no correlation to an 8% populace in Gwent.

ffs.. I give up. Go and wave ya leek about in NorthWales where you think someone’s interested. Although they’re probably not.

Ah, but the one 'big' country (England) hadn't ordered any tests before they realised their mistake. Remember 'herd immunity'?
That's when they bullied Wales and Scotland and took our tests. If you think that's ok it says a lot about you really. People will die in Wales because of this, are you ok with that too?
To be honest I'd rather take my chance with Drakeford than Johnson and his 'team' who have proved time and time again in this crisis that they are not fit to govern. 'We're in it together.' unless you're Welsh, Scottish or from the north of Ireland.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Carrie Symonds in bed with Covid-19 symptoms

Carrie Symonds, the girlfriend of UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, says she has spent several days in bed with coronavirus symptoms.

Mr Johnson himself tested positive for the virus last week and has been conducting cabinet meetings via video link.

Ms Symmonds adds that having Covid-19 symptoms while pregnant is "obviously worrying" and has posted some "reassuring" guidance on Twitter.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:26 pm

More on UK PM's hospital tests

The Downing Street spokesperson goes on to say: "[Mr Johnson] thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work and urges the public to continue to follow the Government's advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.”

The prime minister has had coronavirus for 10 days and continues to have persistent symptoms, including a high temperature.

For purely precautionary reasons, he has gone to hospital for tests.

It was considered sensible for doctors to see Mr Johnson in person given he has ongoing symptoms. He remains in charge of the UK government, and is in contact with ministerial colleagues and officials.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 am

'Johnson will be back at Number 10 shortly' - Jenrick

The housing secretary, Robert Jenrick has confirmed that foreign secretary, Dominic Raab will chair a coronavirus meeting on Monday morning in the absence of Boris Johnson.

However, Mr. Jenrick told BBC Radio he expects the prime minister to return to Downing Street shortly.

"He will be updated regularly in hospital as he has been while self-isolating. Dominic Raab is the first secretary of state so he will chair the regular morning meeting however, the PM does remain in charge of the government," Jenrick said.