Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aaron Ramsey makes second NHS donation

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:48 am

Sorry of this has allready been posted.

Wales and Juventus footballer Aaron Ramsey has made a second £10,000 donation to the NHS in Wales to help with the Covid-19 crisis.

The Aneurin Bevan University Health Board revealed the donation via social media, saying it was "thrilled" and "humbled" by the gift.

The board serves an area including Caerphilly, where Ramsey was born.

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.

Wales and Juventus footballer Aaron Ramsey has made a second £10,000 donation to the NHS in Wales to help with the Covid-19 crisis.

The Aneurin Bevan University Health Board revealed the donation via social media, saying it was "thrilled" and "humbled" by the gift.

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.Ramsey, along with teammates at Italian club Juventus, has also agreed to forgo his wages for March, April, May and June.

The Aneurin Bevan Health University Health Board launched the appeal to raise money during the current epidemic. The board is looking to use the funds for staff well-being, essential supplies for patients and increasing volunteer activity.

The Cardiff and Vale charity appeal is to raise money for local NHS workers to spend on vulnerable members of the community.

Juventus midfielder Ramsey, 29, ensured the charity hit its £10,000 target thanks to one online donation.

"We really appreciate all of your hard work," Ramsey wrote on the charity's JustGiving page.

The charity said on social media it was "blown away" by Ramsey's donation.

"A huge thank you to Aaron, you're our star," the charity said.

The charity say money raised will be used by doctors, nurses and other NHS staff to "best benefit the most vulnerable" during the coronavirus crisis.
WOW! We are thrilled and humbled to have received a £10,000 donation to our Coronavirus charity fund from Caerphilly-born footballer @aaronramsey
We are equally grateful to everyone across Gwent who have donated: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/ABUHBCovid19 ……
A massive thank you to all of you!

We're absolutely blown away to announce a very generous donation from Wales & @juventusfc football star @aaronramsey to our #spreadthelove campaign for our staff during #COVID19 a huge thank you to Aaron, you're our star! You can help too by donating here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/spreadthelove

Re: Aaron Ramsey makes second NHS donation

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:Sorry of this has allready been posted.

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.Ramsey, along with teammates at Italian club Juventus, has also agreed to forgo his wages for March, April, May and June.

The Aneurin Bevan Health University Health Board launched the appeal to raise money during the current epidemic. The board is looking to use the funds for staff well-being, essential supplies for patients and increasing volunteer activity.

The Cardiff and Vale charity appeal is to raise money for local NHS workers to spend on vulnerable members of the community.

Juventus midfielder Ramsey, 29, ensured the charity hit its £10,000 target thanks to one online donation.

"We really appreciate all of your hard work," Ramsey wrote on the charity's JustGiving page.

The charity said on social media it was "blown away" by Ramsey's donation.

"A huge thank you to Aaron, you're our star," the charity said.

The charity say money raised will be used by doctors, nurses and other NHS staff to "best benefit the most vulnerable" during the coronavirus crisis.
WOW! We are thrilled and humbled to have received a £10,000 donation to our Coronavirus charity fund from Caerphilly-born footballer @aaronramsey
We are equally grateful to everyone across Gwent who have donated: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/ABUHBCovid19 ……
A massive thank you to all of you!

We're absolutely blown away to announce a very generous donation from Wales & @juventusfc football star @aaronramsey to our #spreadthelove campaign for our staff during #COVID19 a huge thank you to Aaron, you're our star! You can help too by donating here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/spreadthelove

Huge respect for that guy.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:13 pm

That’s 0.06% of his monthly salary.A one off payment.I have given and continue to give 5% of my salary every month since 2016 to Ty Hafan in thanks for the birth of my healthy granddaughters knowing that some kiddies will only have a short life and their parents will suffer for ever.I’m sure many more do much more with no fanfare or publicly.Every little helps but I see a backlash if the super rich players don’t dig deep in this crisis

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:25 am

mucker wrote:That’s 0.06% of his monthly salary.A one off payment.I have given and continue to give 5% of my salary every month since 2016 to Ty Hafan in thanks for the birth of my healthy granddaughters knowing that some kiddies will only have a short life and their parents will suffer for ever.I’m sure many more do much more with no fanfare or publicly.Every little helps but I see a backlash if the super rich players don’t dig deep in this crisis

Unbelievable :banghead:

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:10 am

Why unbelievable?Ty Hafan get the equivalent of one weeks wages every ten weeks.If pandemic lasts ten weeks and AR gave a one weeks wages donation that’s £400,000.Then I would be impressed .

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:16 am

mucker wrote:Why unbelievable?Ty Hafan get the equivalent of one weeks wages every ten weeks.If pandemic lasts ten weeks and AR gave a one weeks wages donation that’s £400,000.Then I would be impressed .

Anything that anyone gives is a marvellous gesture mate. Nobody has to give anything so good on him and you for doing so. Hopefully more will do so after his donation has gone out through the media. :thumbup:

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:20 am

mucker wrote:Why unbelievable?Ty Hafan get the equivalent of one weeks wages every ten weeks.If pandemic lasts ten weeks and AR gave a one weeks wages donation that’s £400,000.Then I would be impressed .

If AR gave one months current wages Ty Hafan would receive £0 as he has agreed to forgo his wages for next 3 months in order to help his club.

None of us have the right to spend other people's money. A total donation of £20,000 is very generous and we don't know if he makes other charitable donations.

Just be grateful.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

If AR gave one months current wages Ty Hafan would receive £0 as he has agreed to forgo his wages for next 3 months in order to help his club.

None of us have the right to spend other people's money. A total donation of £20,000 is very generous and we don't know if he makes other charitable donations.

Just be grateful.

Tony he has already forgone March so all in all he is forgoing 4 months, plus £20k to two health boards and £3k to a homeless charity, paying their rent for a year, what more do people want, in reality he does not have to give anything, what is the matter with people?