Fri May 22, 2020 8:35 pm

skidemin wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
moonboots wrote:
skidemin wrote:
moonboots wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:No 'arbitrary date' for school return

Ms Williams says she will not set “an arbitrary date” for when children return to school in Wales.

She said more evidence was needed about the progression of the pandemic.

Ms Williams said the government would also need to see the development of the test, trace and protect regime before letting children to return to the classroom.

She added: "Let me be clear, when a decision is made to have more of our children return to school, you will hear that directly from me.”

So basically a few days after England go back then.

Trying to justify their own existence once again.

It won't be a few days after england, it will be weeks after, when it's safe to do so. England has proved that by setting a target date it can backfire. Lots of people in england unhappy with early return to school, including many councils who are refusing to do so.
Education is devolved and Welsh government is entitled to do things in the best way to keep Welsh citizens safe.
So many Welsh haters on here. Shows lack of confidence in our own abilities. The people of Wales are amazing but after continuously being told we are not good enough it's no wonder we lack confidence in ourselves.
By the way, many thanks for all the live streaming links you've posted on here. Much appreciated :thumbup:

Welsh haters..? I haven't been constantly told im not good enough, im sure most haven't..
are you sure its because your welsh

Nah mate, I wasn't talking personally. I find it's best to try and avoid that. Things can get a bit nasty and then reasonable debate goes out of the window. I was talking generally that I've heard it said a thousand times in conversations and on websites. You must have heard it too......Wales will never be independent...it's too small, it's too poor, we haven't got the talent etc etc. It's rife on here and just confirms the sort of discourse I've heard throughout my lifetime. With many people they just repeat the thoughts of others without giving it much thought themselves, and before you know it it's "official".....Wales can never be independent.
It must simply stem from a lack of confidence, a lack of self worth. I struggle to think of another country with such a level of self loathing, that it prefers to be run by a neighbouring country instead of running it's own affairs. I always find that very weird.

Well said Moonboots. Many here in Wales and especially on this forum suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.
If this present crisis has taught us anything - Wales is big enough, clever enough and that's with a Labour Government, just think what we could achieve with a government who would put Wales and its people first every time.

Cue the Stockholms... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I feel Welsh enough without making myself feel 2nd rate / not good enough { not things ive been told by English people }because a bunch of nutters think that's what being Welsh means ..
its so ironic that the most oppressed this nation has ever been is under a Welsh government.. and you exzcuse it. :lol: :lol:

Feel Welsh enough but happy to be ruled by another nation. And please don't try and say we rule ourselves via the Welsh government. Devolution was never meant to succeed. Just a vehicle to appease so called nationalists. Real power still resides in Westminster. They control the purse strings so still in reality control all the devolved areas. Don't be fooled. As regards your other comments.....I didn't really understand your points. If you haven't heard people say Wales is too small, too poor, lacking in talent to rule itself you are either about 12 or don't pay much attention. And I don't mean those things are said by the English....you assumed that yourself. Plenty of Welsh say it about their own country. People without faith in ourselves or self belief. It will happen mate. As regards 'nutters'.....how is it nuts to wish to be ruled by a government from your own country?? Vast majority of the world's countries do it....it's quite bloody normal. Nuts not to. :thumbup:

Re: Poll: Primary schools back june 1st

Sat May 23, 2020 1:04 am

moonboots wrote:
skidemin wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
moonboots wrote:
skidemin wrote:
moonboots wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:No 'arbitrary date' for school return

Ms Williams says she will not set “an arbitrary date” for when children return to school in Wales.

She said more evidence was needed about the progression of the pandemic.

Ms Williams said the government would also need to see the development of the test, trace and protect regime before letting children to return to the classroom.

She added: "Let me be clear, when a decision is made to have more of our children return to school, you will hear that directly from me.”

So basically a few days after England go back then.

Trying to justify their own existence once again.

It won't be a few days after england, it will be weeks after, when it's safe to do so. England has proved that by setting a target date it can backfire. Lots of people in england unhappy with early return to school, including many councils who are refusing to do so.
Education is devolved and Welsh government is entitled to do things in the best way to keep Welsh citizens safe.
So many Welsh haters on here. Shows lack of confidence in our own abilities. The people of Wales are amazing but after continuously being told we are not good enough it's no wonder we lack confidence in ourselves.
By the way, many thanks for all the live streaming links you've posted on here. Much appreciated :thumbup:

Welsh haters..? I haven't been constantly told im not good enough, im sure most haven't..
are you sure its because your welsh

Nah mate, I wasn't talking personally. I find it's best to try and avoid that. Things can get a bit nasty and then reasonable debate goes out of the window. I was talking generally that I've heard it said a thousand times in conversations and on websites. You must have heard it too......Wales will never be independent...it's too small, it's too poor, we haven't got the talent etc etc. It's rife on here and just confirms the sort of discourse I've heard throughout my lifetime. With many people they just repeat the thoughts of others without giving it much thought themselves, and before you know it it's "official".....Wales can never be independent.
It must simply stem from a lack of confidence, a lack of self worth. I struggle to think of another country with such a level of self loathing, that it prefers to be run by a neighbouring country instead of running it's own affairs. I always find that very weird.

Well said Moonboots. Many here in Wales and especially on this forum suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.
If this present crisis has taught us anything - Wales is big enough, clever enough and that's with a Labour Government, just think what we could achieve with a government who would put Wales and its people first every time.

Cue the Stockholms... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I feel Welsh enough without making myself feel 2nd rate / not good enough { not things ive been told by English people }because a bunch of nutters think that's what being Welsh means ..
its so ironic that the most oppressed this nation has ever been is under a Welsh government.. and you exzcuse it. :lol: :lol:

Feel Welsh enough but happy to be ruled by another nation. And please don't try and say we rule ourselves via the Welsh government. Devolution was never meant to succeed. Just a vehicle to appease so called nationalists. Real power still resides in Westminster. They control the purse strings so still in reality control all the devolved areas. Don't be fooled. As regards your other comments.....I didn't really understand your points. If you haven't heard people say Wales is too small, too poor, lacking in talent to rule itself you are either about 12 or don't pay much attention. And I don't mean those things are said by the English....you assumed that yourself. Plenty of Welsh say it about their own country. People without faith in ourselves or self belief. It will happen mate. As regards 'nutters'.....how is it nuts to wish to be ruled by a government from your own country?? Vast majority of the world's countries do it....it's quite bloody normal. Nuts not to. :thumbup:

I've said it for years,from some reason we under promote our country,take for instance tourism.I have yet to see a really good advert on tv,promoting what's good about our beautiful country,when I watched the series wild wales,I shouted to my Mrs, that that intro to the series should be part of our promotional campaign for tourism,it made me really proud to see the beauty that lies within this land of ours, yet we get sh@t adverts about not taking our mud!! It's about time we took pride in what we are and what we have,and trust ourselves a little more. :old: :bluebird: