Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

saftest away match

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 am

what is your opinion on the best away matches that there won't be any trouble at!!
used to go to quite alot of away matches before my daughters were born (5 yrs ago) and would like to start to go again!!

Re: saftest away match

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:55 am

trac79 wrote:what is your opinion on the best away matches that there won't be any trouble at!!
used to go to quite alot of away matches before my daughters were born (5 yrs ago) and would like to start to go again!!

Reading should be OK.
Palace
Ipswich
Norwich (yes i know -long trips)
Coventry + leicester, you can park right outside the grounds.

alternatively go on the coaches and you'll be OK

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:14 am

I've been taking my 9-year-old to away games since he was four or five and have only run into trouble once - at Wolves. The supporters' club buses are a good option - that's how I normally travel if I'm with my son. I'd take him to any game apart from Swansea, Millwall, Leeds, Bristol City (if it's not a bubble). The rest are fine. If you're very cautious, Watford, Ipswich, Norwich have the reputation of being the friendliest without any hassles.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:20 am

I've always found Watford & Reading to be the friendliest/safest

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:53 am

I go to most aay games with my 6 year old - unless they are too long a trip (anything over 3.5 hours)

Took him to Portsmouth yesterday - with the supporters club (any that i think may be lively go with them) others I drive

However I will not be taking him to Millwall or Leeds - not worth the hassle

:ayatollah:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:58 am

trac79 wrote:what is your opinion on the best away matches that there won't be any trouble at!!

the safest games are the bubbles, zero chance of getting attacked

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:29 am

Halifax93 wrote:I've been taking my 9-year-old to away games since he was four or five and have only run into trouble once - at Wolves. The supporters' club buses are a good option - that's how I normally travel if I'm with my son. I'd take him to any game apart from Swansea, Millwall, Leeds, Bristol City (if it's not a bubble). The rest are fine. If you're very cautious, Watford, Ipswich, Norwich have the reputation of being the friendliest without any hassles.

Yes, went by car to Watford last year, friendly and safe. Mingled happily with their fans before and after - even though we beat them 4-0 !

Playing them over the Xmas break at Vicarage this year as well.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 pm

They are all safe these days really! I find Reading and Watford ok, Doncaster would be fine along with Coventry and Scunthorpe! Ipswich and Norwich would be fine, but its the distance with them!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Alot saying Coventry was safe but wasnt it quitealot of trouble with them couple years back.