Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

put the records straight

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:54 am

Put the record straight.
One of the people involved Yesterday wanted me to post this on here to clarify what happened outside the pub Yesterday. He doesn't post himself but reads these boards and was a bit wound up by some of the comments made Yesterday.

This is what he told me.
We were all having a good laugh on the coach following the win when someone shouted out that there was a fight in the car park in the pub they were passing...it was not a fight more a massacre, two Cardiff fans in their fifties, one from Brecon and one from Merthyr were being attacked by up to 20 lads, the one City fans was trying to hold them off but his mate was now trapped between two cars holding his head, being repeatedly booted about his body and head.
The coach my mate was on was full of men and they asked the driver to stop and they piled off, most of the Pompey fans run off leaving about a dozen including 3 big lumps covered in tattoos still giving it the big one...these Pompey fans had earlier also attacked the landlord of the said pub who had tried to intervene.
The coach lads soon dealt with these Pompey fans in no uncertain manner and the majority run off to another pub...the coach lads helped the stricken Cardiff fans who had been battered and helped them back to their minibus which had now turned up...this mini bus contained mostly men and women in their late 40's and 50's from the heads of the Valleys. No further news on this but it was felt that they should attend an hospital and they probably did on returning to Merthyr.
The Pompey fans who got away to the pub down the road about 100 yards away came back out of the pub shirts off shouting abuse and laughing, so a mob from off the coach walked towards them...sirens were blaring now but another fight took place, again the cowards from Pompey who had earlier inflicted the bullying found themselves badly beaten.
The lads walked back to the coach and the police confronted them and once all was explained allowed them back on the coach, all but one of the lads who had got split from the rest and was arrested, the boys said they were not willing to go without him but the police said that nobody was willing to press charges at the moment and in view of the fact that these Pompey fans had done this in the past then the police seemed to be saying that the lad who was nicked would probably be dealt with leniently later that evening and the coach had to move along.
At midnight last night he was released as promised with a police caution and was picked up by a family member and is now home.
The majority of Portsmouth's fans are top people as we found out at Wembley but there are mobs down there these days who pick off away fans in small groups away from CCTV and police...on this occasion some of them had more than they bargained for.

Like I said Yesterday its best to avoid trouble if you can and I know everyone on the coach involved, most away fans will also know them and if anyone of them were to be banned it would devastate them, most of them have followed the club for 30 years and more but Yesterday they had to step in and if it had been you and your mate being battered you too would have been glad to see them.

Re: put the records straight

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:00 pm

corky wrote:Put the record straight.
One of the people involved Yesterday wanted me to post this on here to clarify what happened outside the pub Yesterday. He doesn't post himself but reads these boards and was a bit wound up by some of the comments made Yesterday.

This is what he told me.
We were all having a good laugh on the coach following the win when someone shouted out that there was a fight in the car park in the pub they were passing...it was not a fight more a massacre, two Cardiff fans in their fifties, one from Brecon and one from Merthyr were being attacked by up to 20 lads, the one City fans was trying to hold them off but his mate was now trapped between two cars holding his head, being repeatedly booted about his body and head.
The coach my mate was on was full of men and they asked the driver to stop and they piled off, most of the Pompey fans run off leaving about a dozen including 3 big lumps covered in tattoos still giving it the big one...these Pompey fans had earlier also attacked the landlord of the said pub who had tried to intervene.
The coach lads soon dealt with these Pompey fans in no uncertain manner and the majority run off to another pub...the coach lads helped the stricken Cardiff fans who had been battered and helped them back to their minibus which had now turned up...this mini bus contained mostly men and women in their late 40's and 50's from the heads of the Valleys. No further news on this but it was felt that they should attend an hospital and they probably did on returning to Merthyr.
The Pompey fans who got away to the pub down the road about 100 yards away came back out of the pub shirts off shouting abuse and laughing, so a mob from off the coach walked towards them...sirens were blaring now but another fight took place, again the cowards from Pompey who had earlier inflicted the bullying found themselves badly beaten.
The lads walked back to the coach and the police confronted them and once all was explained allowed them back on the coach, all but one of the lads who had got split from the rest and was arrested, the boys said they were not willing to go without him but the police said that nobody was willing to press charges at the moment and in view of the fact that these Pompey fans had done this in the past then the police seemed to be saying that the lad who was nicked would probably be dealt with leniently later that evening and the coach had to move along.
At midnight last night he was released as promised with a police caution and was picked up by a family member and is now home.
The majority of Portsmouth's fans are top people as we found out at Wembley but there are mobs down there these days who pick off away fans in small groups away from CCTV and police...on this occasion some of them had more than they bargained for.

Like I said Yesterday its best to avoid trouble if you can and I know everyone on the coach involved, most away fans will also know them and if anyone of them were to be banned it would devastate them, most of them have followed the club for 30 years and more but Yesterday they had to step in and if it had been you and your mate being battered you too would have been glad to see them.

thank you for that paul that is exactly what happened.glad to see everyones home safe and sound and that no charges were brought.
on a lighter note i would like to clarify the only reason we walk is because we are to old to run :lol:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:19 pm

I am just glad for the Cardiff Men - that the coach pulled over when it did

I dont condone violence and it is not nice for the kids to see grown men battering the crap out of each other - my son seen the incident yesterday and it is not ideal!

BUT when you got the likes of these "fans" kicking crap out of passers by for fun then I am glad the lads got of the coach and just gave them what they really wanted a good hiding!

AND i am glad to se the OB have used common sense on this incident - i hope there is no come back from our club on these people!

:ayatollah:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Respect the t :ayatollah: he men on coach

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Cue Claude.......but that could never happen to you could it. I wasn't there so cant comment on said incident but if i was the one getting the kicking. Who would i like to see come past and help out ?
This sort of incident is getting far more common that is where the Old Bill dont seem to realise whats going on!! They target the firms which only interested in fighting other firms who are like minded and they totally ignore these ass wipes who pick off small groups who are not interested in any trouble. Its happening everywhere Newcastle last season, QPR It is cowardly and pathetic and are not fit to be a member of these said firms, as it showed, as they got well battered.
I am glad this does not happen at Cardiff in our home games and i am proud of that because we are better than that.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 pm

im glad the cowardly cunts got a kicking! starting on people in 2's and 3's, it does my nut in! especially when they start on people who have got their kids with em, thats despicable behaviour. real hard......not! good on the couchload of cardiff. respect to em. they done the right thing, totally! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:51 pm

corky wrote:Put the record straight.

This is what he told me.

Your right corky, MY 2 MATES FULLY APPRECIATED THE ASSISTANCE WHO KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAV HAPPENED IF THEY HAD'NT.
BOTH BOYS AND THE FELLA FROM BRECON ARE A BIT SORE TODAY BUT FINE
IT JUST ANNOYS ME THAT THE PUB WAS'NT POLICED AFTER THE GAME

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Respect to the Landlord as well. TOP GUY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: