Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you believe they will think they will ever make a vaccine for corona virus?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:17 am

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 17

Will there ever be a vaccine? Poll

Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 am

Was interested in people’s thoughts on whether or not they will manage to make a a completely vaccine for coronavirus as opposed to one that only offers partial protection. As currently there is not one, plenty Being trialed.

For me I don’t think they will.

Re: Will there ever be a vaccine? Poll

Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 am

Bigmarkw wrote:Was interested in people’s thoughts on whether or not they will manage to make a a completely vaccine for coronavirus as opposed to one that only offers partial protection. As currently there is not one, plenty Being trialed.

For me I don’t think they will.

Not sure, but if they got one that was only 50% effective it would a massive boost. Half the number of people infected and half the infection rate R and there would be a massive reduction in illness and deaths. May make living with the virus seem possible while still developing treatments and techniques to deal with those who've contracted it. We do need a better understanding of why the mortality rate in hospital seems so high.

Thu May 21, 2020 11:45 am

Yes we'll get one the whole World is on the case :thumbup:

Thu May 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:Yes we'll get one the whole World is on the case :thumbup:

Absolutely agree. IMHO we may get drugs that lessen the severity in many cases first :ayatollah:

Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Some one at Oxford uni says there only a 50% chance they will develop a vaccine due to the drop in cases in uk meaning less people to test it on. Started of as an 80% chance.