Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City: Season tickets / club refunding

Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Swansea City: Season ticket refunds could cost close to '£1m'

Swansea City refund their fans

BBC

Friday 22nd May 2020

Swansea City chairman Trevor Birch says the club could lose close to £1m from season ticket refunds.

The Championship is set to resume in June behind closed doors.

Swansea have four home games remaining and have told their supporters they are eligible for partial refunds of season tickets and hospitality.

"However, I am sure you understand clubs are facing a very uncertain financial future - and we are no different," Birch said in a statement.

Championship clubs are due to start training on Monday following safety guidance and protocols issued by the EFL.

Re: Swansea City: Season tickets / club refunding

Fri May 22, 2020 9:42 pm

1st time ever a gypsy given a refund

Fri May 22, 2020 9:49 pm

4 games is probably about £80

Why not just give free replica shirts next season and food/beverage tokens instead.

Fans would get something for the money and would save the club a fortune helping it financially

Sat May 23, 2020 12:42 am

thomasblue wrote:4 games is probably about £80

Why not just give free replica shirts next season and food/beverage tokens instead.

Fans would get something for the money and would save the club a fortune helping it financially

think they are hoping that fans will accept streamed games instead..
no doubt we are in the same spot... personally ive written the season and my ST off.. but would stream if offered.

Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 pm

I will take the steaming offer first but will also accept a token for a beer and a pie, when we can go back to the stadium.

Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 pm

I've spoken to a few season ticket holders they have all said give what ever the refund would be to a charity or something like that ,I'd be up for that .

Sat May 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Surprised our club has not yet made a statement on this? It's a good gesture and even though many would be grateful would refuse it or use it towards next seasons ticket. I would personally carry it over to next season.

Sat May 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Swansea City: Season ticket refunds could cost close to '£1m'

Swansea City refund their fans

BBC

Friday 22nd May 2020

Swansea City chairman Trevor Birch says the club could lose close to £1m from season ticket refunds.

The Championship is set to resume in June behind closed doors.

Swansea have four home games remaining and have told their supporters they are eligible for partial refunds of season tickets and hospitality.

"However, I am sure you understand clubs are facing a very uncertain financial future - and we are no different," Birch said in a statement.

Championship clubs are due to start training on Monday following safety guidance and protocols issued by the EFL.

Reading between the lines so Rodon sold already...... :lol:

Sat May 23, 2020 2:16 pm

ion wrote:I've spoken to a few season ticket holders they have all said give what ever the refund would be to a charity or something like that ,I'd be up for that .

not let the club keep it ?

Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Surprised our club has not yet made a statement on this? It's a good gesture and even though many would be grateful would refuse it or use it towards next seasons ticket. I would personally carry it over to next season.

Yes I’d use towards next season too. Though I’d buy one anyway and write off the remainder of this season if need be.

Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 am

I'd happily carry mine over to next season but a statue of WHITTS would be my preference.