Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City : 17 years ago after 18 years in the wilder

Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Chairman of all football clubs are divisive characters, I can't think of many who are popular with everybody at the club and their respective supporters.

Sam was popular with many Cardiff supporters, and hated by many to. He created many memories, a lot of memorable ones, and a lot of not so memorable ones.

The current owner, when his tenure is up, will no doubt be regarded in a similar vein, as will all future owners. In my opinion if an owner leaves a club in a better state on and off the pitch then when he arrived, then for me he has done a good job.

Some of the jokers who have owned this club in the past, who didn't have a pot to piss in, am talking pre Sam days, not many people will have any sort of good word to say about their tenure overall. Rick Wright would be the only exception I can think of.

Sun May 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Purely on the pitch :bluebird:

What had we achieved in the previous 7 yrs?

Thomas said only 2 yrs success out of 7 yrs, so two promotions, stability and on last year top of the Championship and No relegations at all is not on the field not successful times?

Sun May 24, 2020 4:30 pm

And how would you regard purely on the pitch in the last 7 years, hasn't that been successful also. The playing record I am talking about nothing else.

Sun May 24, 2020 4:37 pm

llantrisantblue1927 wrote:Chairman of all football clubs are divisive characters, I can't think of many who are popular with everybody at the club and their respective supporters.

Sam was popular with many Cardiff supporters, and hated by many to. He created many memories, a lot of memorable ones, and a lot of not so memorable ones.

The current owner, when his tenure is up, will no doubt be regarded in a similar vein, as will all future owners. In my opinion if an owner leaves a club in a better state on and off the pitch then when he arrived, then for me he has done a good job.

Some of the jokers who have owned this club in the past, who didn't have a pot to piss in, am talking pre Sam days, not many people will have any sort of good word to say about their tenure overall. Rick Wright would be the only exception I can think of.

at one time it would have been my dream to own our club...
its not something I would ever consider now even if I had the money..

Sun May 24, 2020 4:46 pm

[quote][/quote]at one time it would have been my dream to own our club...
its not something I would ever consider now even if I had the money..
skidemin

Nor me, a thankless task. Impossible to please everybody.