Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Dominic Cummings should be sacked/resign?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Update " Dom made second trip to Durham during lockdown

Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 am

thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:It sounds like he did not have much choice .

If both parents are showing symptoms and or are essential workers then they would need to somehow shield the child and have someone take care of them.
It just so happens that the help was in Durham.

Pretty much everybody would have done the same thing to protect the child and ensure his safety

What? No choice? Behave! He wasn't ill, his wife was. He had a choice and any other member of the public would have been fined. He has to go or all credibility in the messages the government are giving are gone (if any is left currently).

So they are both northern with no family in london.

The wife is ill and he is needed in government and also got sick himself

Who looks after the child if they are both sick ?

The best thing for that child is given the job he has and the fact the mother was sick is to be with other family and I would have done the exact same thing as he did. His children come first end of story.

It’s not the end of story. His wife has family in London

Sun May 24, 2020 6:46 am

Bluebina wrote:What a fuss over nothing, lefties looking any excuse to criticise the government, and the media grabbing the opportunity of more negativity, because they don’t like him :roll:

Don’t resign feck them all off especially Piers and the lefties :thumbup:

Answer this question honestly. Would you have said the same thing if it had been Corbyn who had done this?

Sun May 24, 2020 7:21 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Piers Morgan:

If Boris doesn’t fire Cummings today, then I will deem the Lockdown over & drive down to see my parents (from a 2m distance) for the first time in 12 weeks. I’m not having one rule for these clowns & another for the rest of us.

Cannot stand piers, but have to agree with his stance on this! :old: :bluebird:

Surely not. Piers answer to Cummings breaking the rules is break them as well ! That's what 8 year olds do in the school playground. Worse in fact, he goes and promotes those views and influence to thousands of his followers. That's reckless, irresponsible and a thousand times worse. I don't get how anyone who condemns Cummings, can possibly support Piers in this instance. Both unfit to hold positions of influence in my opinion.

Sun May 24, 2020 7:30 am

One other point, everyone defending cumming have said he is self isolating in a nearby property "Not true" Quote from cummings father
"Mr Cummings' father confirmed that his son had travelled with his family from London to the North-East and was self-isolating in part of the property." "self isolating" yes sure he was, unbelievable!

Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 am

When I saw this story yesterday my first instinct was that he had acted in the best interests of his son, a 4 year old, and surely any parent would have done the same. But on reflection I think making the welfare of the child at the core of the story serves the interests of no one other than Dominic Cummings and in my opinion he is just trying to muddy the waters.

Dominic Cummings as the PM Chief of Staff is a Senior Member of the Government and as such he would of been party to drawing up the Self Isolation Guidance as detailed on the Public Health England website. Those instructions are absolutely clear.

if you live with others and you are the first in the household to have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), then you must stay at home for at least 7 days, but all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.

Those are the rules and with his wife being the first member of the household to show symptoms he and his son were required to stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days.

By deciding to leave his home and drive over 260 miles he clearly broke the self isolation lockdown rules and there is simply no defence for him. This man is Chief of Staff at 10 Downing Street and in my opinion at a very minimum he MUST respect these rules, he hasn't and therefore should resign immediately. If he won't fall on the sword Boris Johnson should sack him without delay or he should consider his own position.

Sadly this is now about the politics and if our PM cannot keep his Chief Of Staff in line then he will lose ALL authority. An impossible situation for any Prime Minister.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun May 24, 2020 10:29 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

If both parents are showing symptoms and or are essential workers then they would need to somehow shield the child and have someone take care of them.

Pretty much everybody would have done the same thing to protect the child and ensure his safety

What? No choice? Behave! He wasn't ill, his wife was. He had a choice and any other member of the public would have been fined. He has to go or all credibility in the messages the government are giving are gone (if any is left currently).

The best thing for that child is given the job he has and the fact the mother was sick is to be with other family and I would have done the exact same thing as he did. His children come first end of story.

vee zee gestapo decide where zee child shall go..
you do not know the circumstances... they might be key workers..one might be disabled , or maybe they just don't get on ..just don't know ..
I think there is a good chance he will be gone today no matter if his excuse is genuine or not... the shoot first ask questions later gang are out..

Sun May 24, 2020 11:01 am

Bluebina wrote:What a fuss over nothing, lefties looking any excuse to criticise the government, and the media grabbing the opportunity of more negativity, because they don’t like him :roll:

Answer this question honestly. Would you have said the same thing if it had been Corbyn who had done this?

Is he still alive ?

I wouldn’t care he’s a failed leftie politician ?

It would be more Fun if Dianne Abbot did it, she would say it’s on 2.70 miles :lol:

Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am

Stick in there Cummings keep those lefties crying and ban them all from any press conferences :thumbup:

Sun May 24, 2020 11:53 am

Dominic Cummings arrives at Number 10

Chief advisor Dominic Cummings has left his home in London and arrived at Number 10 this morning, amid growing calls from backbench MPs for him to resign.

Sun May 24, 2020 11:54 am

Igovernor wrote:One other point, everyone defending cumming have said he is self isolating in a nearby property "Not true" Quote from cummings father
"Mr Cummings' father confirmed that his son had travelled with his family from London to the North-East and was self-isolating in part of the property." "self isolating" yes sure he was, unbelievable!

nobody not even Cunnings are saying he did not travel..
Last edited by skidemin on Sun May 24, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 24, 2020 11:55 am

Bluebina wrote:

Is he still alive ?

It would be more Fun if Dianne Abbot did it, she would say it’s on 2.70 miles :lol:

I’m not interested in what you find fun. I’ve asked you a question and you ducked it.

II’ll try again. Would you have said the same thing if it had been Corbin who had done this?

Sun May 24, 2020 12:15 pm

I can’t believe the embarrassing comments in this topic. So many people have been sucked into supporting Cummings. He helped set out the rules on lockdown. But thought he was above the law by driving over 250 miles to Durham. If they were that concerned about their child they would not have driven all that way, as they have very close family in London, 1 family member even lived 2 streets away.

The whole episode is nonsense. The Cummings family left for Durham as they honestly believe they are above the law. He even took his wife to a local castle for a day.

Check who he actually works for, check who his friends are on the Sage meetings. Also check what companies have been awarded the trace app contract worth over 200 million. Then you’ll understand what kind of person Mr Cummings is.

Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 pm

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:One other point, everyone defending cumming have said he is self isolating in a nearby property "Not true" Quote from cummings father

You have missed the point, the point being they said he was self isolating in a property close by but he was in part of his fathers property

Sun May 24, 2020 12:20 pm

thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Exactly people are so blinkered. He care’s about his child that much he’ll drive to his vulnerable families home 250 miles away, potentially infecting lots of other people on the way. Even though he has family in London. They weren’t ill they just believe they are untouchable & above the law. That’s the kind of person Cummings is.

Sun May 24, 2020 12:29 pm

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

You have missed the point, the point being they said he was self isolating in a property close by but he was in part of his fathers property

who is saying....?
his father called the police at one point while he was there for a security matter...
his father called the police, suggests its not some top secret covert op.

Sun May 24, 2020 12:35 pm

brewer918 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Exactly people are so blinkered. He care’s about his child that much he’ll drive to his vulnerable families home 250 miles away, potentially infecting lots of other people on the way. Even though he has family in London. They weren’t ill they just believe they are untouchable & above the law. That’s the kind of person Cummings is.

you have no idea who these relatives are, their health, living conditions, if they themselves are key workers , even if on speaking terms..
but calling someone blinkered...all while deciding where a child should live.. how ill people are.. and how they think....
wild.

Sun May 24, 2020 12:36 pm

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

who is saying....?
his father called the police at one point while he was there for a security matter...
his father called the police, suggests its not some top secret covert op.

They were trying to cover their backsides. And it’s come back and bitten them.

Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
brewer918 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Who looks after the child if they are both sick ?ondon.

you have no idea who these relatives are, their health, living conditions, if they themselves are key workers , even if on speaking terms..
but calling someone blinkered...all while deciding where a child should live.. how ill people are.. and how they think....
wild.

Do you know who Cummings wife is ? Do some research. They have family in London.

Wild ?? No what's wild is driving over 250 miles while you’re apparently ill with a young child in the car. Potentially spreading the virus to other people on their journey.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:10 pm

A campaign van has appeared outside of Cummings' house

A campaign van, organised by the protest group 'Led by Donkeys' has appeared outside of Dominic Cummings' house in Islington.

The chief advisor is currently at Number 10 and was pictured leaving his house earlier this morning.

The video being broadcast on the van, features Prime Minister Boris Johnson encouraging the public to stay at home and avoid contact with individuals outside of their immediate household.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm

All the photographers and media outside doms house and the only anwer to all the questions thrown at him was get 2 meters away "social distancing," what a cheek, Mind you they were all surrounding him some only a foot away, so they should have been fined!

Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Is he still alive ?

I’m not interested in what you find fun. I’ve asked you a question and you ducked it.

II’ll try again. Would you have said the same thing if it had been Corbin who had done this?

Yes I don’t think he’s done anything wrong?

Sun May 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:Stick in there Cummings keep those lefties crying and ban them all from any press conferences :thumbup:

He'd do more damage to the government if he stayed, what with several Tory MP's calling for him to go. Including the head of the ERG. He's quite right wing and very Brexity.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Done nothing wrong :banghead: What about "Him? and his wife infected with the virus and handing over a child who may also have it, to over 70's relatives and putting their lives in danger."

Sun May 24, 2020 1:44 pm

Panzermouse wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Stick in there Cummings keep those lefties crying and ban them all from any press conferences :thumbup:

He'd do more damage to the government if he stayed, what with several Tory MP's calling for him to go. Including the head of the ERG. He's quite right wing and very Brexity.

They hate each other, he has a lot of enemies that’s why there is so much fuss.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Igovernor wrote:Done nothing wrong :banghead: What about "Him? and his wife infected with the virus and handing over a child who may also have it, to over 70's relatives and putting their lives in danger."

Government have replied he’s done nothing wrong.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Igovernor wrote:All the photographers and media outside doms house and the only anwer to all the questions thrown at him was get 2 meters away "social distancing," what a cheek, Mind you they were all surrounding him some only a foot away, so they should have been fined!

Roger - Take a look at this post i put out on the 14th April - Same day Cummings came back to work ( last 4 lines mate ).
Ref : BREAKING NEWS "BORIS JOHNSON"

by TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Boris Johnson recovering and 'not involved' in decision making

Downing Street has said Boris Johnson was continuing his recovery at Chequers and was not involved in making decisions, taking phone calls or receiving official papers in his ministerial red boxes.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "The priority is for the PM to rest and recover and his medical team have advised him not to immediately return to work."

It comes as his chief aide, Dominic Cummings, returned to work in Downing Street after recovering from coronavirus symptoms.

Number 10 was questioned about why Mr Cummings did not appear to be maintaining a two-metre gap from fellow aide Cleo Watson.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "He is back in Number 10 and working today."

The spokesman said "everybody in Number 10 continues to practice social distancing, which means staying two metres apart wherever possible".

Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Done nothing wrong :banghead: What about "Him? and his wife infected with the virus and handing over a child who may also have it, to over 70's relatives and putting their lives in danger."

So because the government has said he's done nothing wrong that's all good all ok then it must be because the government says so :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun May 24, 2020 1:52 pm

This is just like Mendez going down the wing, a slight tackle comes in and the whole crowd knowing it’s a yellow at the most screaming for a red card, it’s because we are biased and want to see him go.

People see what they want to see to suit their view, I’m seeing this a lot lately, especially since Brexit.

To be honest I couldn’t give a shit if he does or not, the Lefties overreaction is ridiculous though :lol:

Sun May 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

So because the government has said he's done nothing wrong that's all good all ok then it must be because the government says so :roll: :roll: :roll:

No rules broken.

Sun May 24, 2020 2:03 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Igovernor wrote:All the photographers and media outside doms house and the only anwer to all the questions thrown at him was get 2 meters away "social distancing," what a cheek, Mind you they were all surrounding him some only a foot away, so they should have been fined!

Roger - Take a look at this post i put out on the 14th April - Same day Cummings came back to work ( last 4 lines mate ).
Ref : BREAKING NEWS "BORIS JOHNSON"

by TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Boris Johnson recovering and 'not involved' in decision making

Downing Street has said Boris Johnson was continuing his recovery at Chequers and was not involved in making decisions, taking phone calls or receiving official papers in his ministerial red boxes.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "The priority is for the PM to rest and recover and his medical team have advised him not to immediately return to work."

It comes as his chief aide, Dominic Cummings, returned to work in Downing Street after recovering from coronavirus symptoms.

Number 10 was questioned about why Mr Cummings did not appear to be maintaining a two-metre gap from fellow aide Cleo Watson.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "He is back in Number 10 and working today."

The spokesman said "everybody in Number 10 continues to practice social distancing, which means staying two metres apart wherever possible".

Yes TC one rule for us another for them :banghead: