Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Dominic Cummings should be sacked/resign?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Update " Dom made second trip to Durham during lockdown

Sun May 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Igovernor wrote:All the photographers and media outside doms house and the only anwer to all the questions thrown at him was get 2 meters away "social distancing," what a cheek, Mind you they were all surrounding him some only a foot away, so they should have been fined!

Roger - Take a look at this post i put out on the 14th April - Same day Cummings came back to work ( last 4 lines mate ).
Ref : BREAKING NEWS "BORIS JOHNSON"

by TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Boris Johnson recovering and 'not involved' in decision making

Downing Street has said Boris Johnson was continuing his recovery at Chequers and was not involved in making decisions, taking phone calls or receiving official papers in his ministerial red boxes.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "The priority is for the PM to rest and recover and his medical team have advised him not to immediately return to work."

It comes as his chief aide, Dominic Cummings, returned to work in Downing Street after recovering from coronavirus symptoms.

Number 10 was questioned about why Mr Cummings did not appear to be maintaining a two-metre gap from fellow aide Cleo Watson.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "He is back in Number 10 and working today."

The spokesman said "everybody in Number 10 continues to practice social distancing, which means staying two metres apart wherever possible".

Yes TC one rule for us another for them :banghead:

No point getting wound up, the refs given a yellow card, the game carries on despite the appeals :thumbup:

Sun May 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Igovernor wrote:All the photographers and media outside doms house and the only anwer to all the questions thrown at him was get 2 meters away "social distancing," what a cheek, Mind you they were all surrounding him some only a foot away, so they should have been fined!

Roger - Take a look at this post i put out on the 14th April - Same day Cummings came back to work ( last 4 lines mate ).

Downing Street has said Boris Johnson was continuing his recovery at Chequers and was not involved in making decisions, taking phone calls or receiving official papers in his ministerial red boxes.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "The priority is for the PM to rest and recover and his medical team have advised him not to immediately return to work."

It comes as his chief aide, Dominic Cummings, returned to work in Downing Street after recovering from coronavirus symptoms.

Number 10 was questioned about why Mr Cummings did not appear to be maintaining a two-metre gap from fellow aide Cleo Watson.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "He is back in Number 10 and working today."

The spokesman said "everybody in Number 10 continues to practice social distancing, which means staying two metres apart wherever possible".

No point getting wound up, the refs given a yellow card, the game carries on despite the appeals :thumbup:

After Cummings tells the ref - " Stay 2 meters back - If you have to book Me !!! " ;)

Sun May 24, 2020 4:09 pm

Boris Johnson backs Dominic Cummings

Boris Johnson says he is going to begin by answering "the big question" by answering whether No10 has been asking the public to follow the guidelines "while senior people here in Government do something else".

Have some people been "basically flouting" the rules, he asks?

"I can tell you today I have had extensive face to face conversations with Dominic Cummings, I have concluded that in travelling to find the right kind of care at the moment when both he and his wife were about to be incapacitated by coronavirus, and when he had no alternative, I think he followed the instincts of every father.

"I do not mark him down for that."

Sun May 24, 2020 4:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Boris Johnson backs Dominic Cummings

Boris Johnson says he is going to begin by answering "the big question" by answering whether No10 has been asking the public to follow the guidelines "while senior people here in Government do something else".

Have some people been "basically flouting" the rules, he asks?

"I can tell you today I have had extensive face to face conversations with Dominic Cummings, I have concluded that in travelling to find the right kind of care at the moment when both he and his wife were about to be incapacitated by coronavirus, and when he had no alternative, I think he followed the instincts of every father.

"I do not mark him down for that."

And with that goes the last shred of credibility that Johnson may have ever had in this whole sorry mess.

As a shining example of how to f**k up a crisis it would be hard to do a better job than the government has done in the last few months. And this is not a political viewpoint either because Labour are so shit that they haven't been able to suggest any alternative way either.

We really are being governed by a feckless bunch of clueless fucktards.

Sun May 24, 2020 4:45 pm

...and at a time when the general public would appreciate a strong leader even more.

Sun May 24, 2020 5:09 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

After Cummings tells the ref - " Stay 2 meters back - If you have to book Me !!! " ;)

:thumbup: it’s gone to VAR decision he stays :thumbup:

Sun May 24, 2020 5:10 pm

I'll give you that one Mark ;)

Sun May 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Frankly this episode now renders 'lockdown' as pointless. Why should anyone bother with the rules anymore? Apparently it was ok for Cummings to act on 'instinct' rather than obey the rules. Fair enough then, lets all act on instinct from now on and do as we wish. My instinct is that I am relatively young and fit so I have nothing to really worry about, I'll just get on with life normally, who cares about the rules. Oh wait, that would be selfish though I could pass it on someone who is vulnerable. I'll continue to follow the rules as I have a conscience, unlike the scum that festers in number 10.

Sun May 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Thats the man. He gives a shit about no one. He drove through Brexit without compassion for what it would do to Sunderlands car industry.yes they voted up there but he knew what he was doing and I wonder how they feel about him tonight?

Sun May 24, 2020 6:43 pm

Needed to visit his mother cos it was her birthday

Sun May 24, 2020 7:07 pm

BJ must act. I suggest that by tomorrow super Dom will fall on his sword. I'm not political but tonight been sent a link showing a Cummings mask with the strap line of wear this and do what the f**k you like. Loads of anarchists will seize upon this if the pm hasn't the balls to sort this mess out by ditching grandmaster. THE BIG C

Sun May 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Norris ninian wrote:BJ must act. I suggest that by tomorrow super Dom will fall on his sword. I'm not political but tonight been sent a link showing a Cummings mask with the strap line of wear this and do what the f**k you like. Loads of anarchists will seize upon this if the pm hasn't the balls to sort this mess out by ditching grandmaster. THE BIG C

Anarchists in this country . Don't talk bollux. Wankers the lot of them.

Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:It sounds like he did not have much choice .

If both parents are showing symptoms and or are essential workers then they would need to somehow shield the child and have someone take care of them.
It just so happens that the help was in Durham.

Pretty much everybody would have done the same thing to protect the child and ensure his safety

What? No choice? Behave! He wasn't ill, his wife was. He had a choice and any other member of the public would have been fined. He has to go or all credibility in the messages the government are giving are gone (if any is left currently).

Why? I know people who have had to do similar. He’s just high profile. My kids come first, if my wife had to isolate and I had to work, I’d do whatever. f**k the law big time

Sun May 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Norris ninian wrote:Thats the man. He gives a shit about no one. He drove through Brexit without compassion for what it would do to Sunderlands car industry.yes they voted up there but he knew what he was doing and I wonder how they feel about him tonight?

ahh right its a bexit thing.

Sun May 24, 2020 8:47 pm

So true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 24, 2020 8:49 pm

Open, honest, home bound, safe , concerned, responsible.

Failed on all.

Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Needed to visit his mother cos it was her birthday

That's been my theory all along. Doesn't make it any better but it doesn't the warrant the regime change the current broadcast media and left wing press are ultimately aiming at.

Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 pm

There is more to this trip to Durham and i could not work out why his father rang the police ( on another matter ?? )

So that phone call was made late March - Early April ?? Then i find this which has not been reported ??

Dominic Cummings' uncle died while he was at home in Durham

Dominic Cummings' mother Morag has said his uncle died at the same time he was at their home in Durham.

“What I would like to get across,” she told the New Statesman, “ is [that] my brother, Dominic’s uncle, died on Palm Sunday.”

“You know, we have been a grieving family, and there’s been no recognition of that, and I wish reporters would be cognisant of that fact.”

“I have no other comment to make other than to say that my brother died on Palm Sunday, and the press has not been cognisant of that fact, either from Dominic’s point of view or from mine.”

Palm Sunday would have been 5th April .

Sun May 24, 2020 9:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:There is more to this trip to Durham and i could not work out why his father rang the police ( on another matter ?? )

So that phone call was made late March - Early April ?? Then i find this which has not been reported ??

Dominic Cummings' mother Morag has said his uncle died at the same time he was at their home in Durham.

“What I would like to get across,” she told the New Statesman, “ is [that] my brother, Dominic’s uncle, died on Palm Sunday.”

“You know, we have been a grieving family, and there’s been no recognition of that, and I wish reporters would be cognisant of that fact.”

“I have no other comment to make other than to say that my brother died on Palm Sunday, and the press has not been cognisant of that fact, either from Dominic’s point of view or from mine.”

I've have no idea what your trying to imply but Dominic Cummings uncle died on the 5th April in London. That was Palm Sunday.

Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 pm

epping blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:There is more to this trip to Durham and i could not work out why his father rang the police ( on another matter ?? )

I've have no idea what your trying to imply but Dominic Cummings uncle died on the 5th April in London. That was Palm Sunday.

Correct -

Sun May 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Dominic Cummings’ parents defend their son as he faces demands to resign

Cummings’ time in Durham coincided with his uncle’s death in London.

Left unable to visit Laws, and with his mother unable to travel to London to visit her brother, did Cummings go up to Durham in the days leading up to Palm Sunday partly or principally because Laws was ill in hospital?

Johnson, in answer to questions from the press this afternoon, noted the absence for Cummings of “relatives who live nearby” in London and who could have helped with “the right kind” of childcare. No one outside the family can say what childcare was required.

But Cummings does have family in the capital, such as Laws’ daughter, his cousin.If childcare was not the sole reason for Cummings’s visit, gathering as a family ahead of grief would be an understandable act.

It would not, however, under the law and the government’s guidance at the time, have been justified.

If childcare was not the sole reason for Cummings’s visit, gathering as a family ahead of grief would be an understandable act. It would not, however, under the law and the government’s guidance at the time, have been justified.

Sun May 24, 2020 9:31 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Correct -

So what. You'll have to help me out here. What was the point of the post. That not being offensive, I genuinely don't understand the post relative to the posts that proceeded it.

Sun May 24, 2020 9:45 pm

epping blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Correct -

So what. You'll have to help me out here. What was the point of the post. That not being offensive, I genuinely don't understand the post relative to the posts that proceeded it.

I have posted above this post mate - with more to my previous post - up to people to work out whats gone on .

Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:Just a thought, which I do no see mentioned anywhere, his wife was ill with covid19 he was showing symptoms, yet he drove 265 miles with his son in the confined space of a car, what an idiot, also the excuse about if they were too ill with covid19, he was going to let his parents possibly be exposed to covid19 by looking after his son, what a selfish sod. And there are children out there that have caught covid19 so if there was only a slight chance that his son could pass it on to his parents, most people would not take that chance that their parents could catch the virus and die, obviously not Cummings, just shows what a prick he is!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :old: :bluebird:

Mon May 25, 2020 12:08 am

Bluebina wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Done nothing wrong :banghead: What about "Him? and his wife infected with the virus and handing over a child who may also have it, to over 70's relatives and putting their lives in danger."

Government have replied he’s done nothing wrong.

So because the government has said he's done nothing wrong that's all good all ok then it must be because the government says so :roll: :roll: :roll:

No rules broken.

You are obviously on a wind up pathetic really lost 99% of my respect to politicians over the way brexit was handled remaining 1% well and truly booted out of window Cummings emerges out of number 10 and refuses to answer questions arrogance of the highest order :banghead:

Mon May 25, 2020 8:17 am

goats wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

If both parents are showing symptoms and or are essential workers then they would need to somehow shield the child and have someone take care of them.

Pretty much everybody would have done the same thing to protect the child and ensure his safety

What? No choice? Behave! He wasn't ill, his wife was. He had a choice and any other member of the public would have been fined. He has to go or all credibility in the messages the government are giving are gone (if any is left currently).

Why? I know people who have had to do similar. He’s just high profile. My kids come first, if my wife had to isolate and I had to work, I’d do whatever. f**k the law big time

Exactly apply common sense :thumbup:

Kids come first, make sure they are looked after throughout this lockdown.

Mon May 25, 2020 8:29 am

Bluebina wrote:
goats wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Exactly apply common sense :thumbup:

Kids come first, make sure they are looked after throughout this lockdown.

And throw in a fun day out at the castle mountains of common sense reported to the police for doing so btw

Mon May 25, 2020 10:22 am

Here is what we know so far about the timeline:.

23 March: Johnson tells the UK public they "must stay at home". People are warned not to meet friends or family members they do not live with

27 March: Cummings is seen leaving No 10 Downing Street

30 March: Downing Street says Cummings is self-isolating with coronavirus symptoms

31 March: Police in Durham are "made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city". Officers "made contact with the owners of that address". It is understood Cummings travelled there between 27 and 31 March

12 April: Cummings visited Barnard Castle, 30 miles from his parents' home in Durham, according to The Observer and Mirror newspapers. On Sunday, Johnson said he was assured Cummings behaved responsibly and legally either side of his 14-day self-isolation

14 April: Cummings photographed at Downing Street for the first time since 27 March

Mon May 25, 2020 11:58 am

Mass hysteria.

Left wing BBC and keyboard socialist warriors jumping on the moral crusade bandwagon.

Our esteemed Prime Minister should stick to his guns but if Dom resigns it’ll be due to disproportionate pressure.

Sun May 31, 2020 4:49 pm

It turns out the second trip was indeed fabricated. Tim Matthews did it for a laugh apparently although he did go as far as altering the figures on his running app to support his claim. No suggestion of any newspaper collusion in these claims but odd given they were made before the news hit the headline. Unsurprisingly hardly any reporting in the press of this.