Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hmmmm?

Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 pm

Labour MP Tahir Ali attended a large funeral of over 100 people for the second time in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hmmmm?

Mon May 25, 2020 7:20 pm

As your post says, he apologised.

Cummings continues to refuse to apologise.

If there had been an apology from Cummings over the weekend, people wouldn't be reacting like they are.

Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Double standards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 25, 2020 7:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:As your post says, he apologised.

If there had been an apology from Cummings over the weekend, people wouldn't be reacting like they are.

if you thought what you have done was within the guidelines and in the best interests of your family would you apologise ?

Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 am

skidemin wrote:

if you thought what you have done was within the guidelines and in the best interests of your family would you apologise ?

Tue May 26, 2020 5:58 am

skidemin wrote:

Please answer the following questions YES or NO
Do you think driving one hour because you have been suffering under your own admission with blurred vision with your 4year old child in the car is in the best interests of your family ???

Would YOU if you suffered bleared vision put your child in your car and go for a test spin

And most importantly do you believe that he drove to this beauty spot to test his eyesight
PLEASE PLEASE I have no wish to get in to a argument with you get personal in anyway I just want 3 YES or NO answers

Tue May 26, 2020 7:42 am

Mary Wakefield
British journalist
Description
DescriptionMary Elizabeth Lalage Wakefield is a British journalist, and a columnist and commissioning editor for The Spectator.
( Also Mr Cummings partner )
Born: 12 April 1975 (age 45 years)

12 April: Cummings visited Barnard Castle, 30 miles from his parents' home in Durham, according to The Observer and Mirror newspapers.

Happy Birthday ;) Hmmmm

Tue May 26, 2020 8:27 am

wez1927 wrote:Double standards

For me if one from a party should be sacked then all these 3 should be sacked Wez.

Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 am

For me if one from a party should be sacked then all these 3 should be sacked Wez.

Tue May 26, 2020 9:53 am

Should happen on both sides

Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely agree with you Annis,

This is not a political issue. It's an issue of people who should know better no matter what political persuasion thinking that they know better than everybody else and that the rules don't apply to them.

Doesn't matter which side of the political fence these people are on - it's their arrogant stupidity that marks them out.

Tue May 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Oh that's ok then he apologised :lol:

Tue May 26, 2020 7:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Oh that's ok then he apologised :lol:

No apology from Stephen Kinnock as far I can see though for his jolly 400 mile round trip to the smoke to deliver an essential Birthday cake. Breaking the rules that day

Stephen Kinnock MP
Stephen's wife The former Prime Minister of Denmark

welcoming them to the soiree on the north London doorstep

Former leader of the opposition / Former Commissioner of the European union Baron Kinnock of Bedwelty
Former MEP Baroness Kinnock of Holyhead

By any stretch of the imagination 4 very very senior politicians and ex politicians played their part in facilitating / encouraging the rule breaking in that little event and it barely gets a mention in the media. The current British media is rotten to the core.

Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Agree remember cummings aint even an elected mp ,these mos should know better so Blackford broke the rules they are hypocrites

Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agree remember cummings aint even an elected mp ,these mos should know better so Blackford broke the rules they are hypocrites

Hate the man but it was probably precautionary. We made our son isolate for 2 weeks when he came home uni.

Tue May 26, 2020 11:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Labour MP Tahir Ali attended a large funeral of over 100 people for the second time in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham

Did any of the funeral attendees get given fines for breaking the 10 per funeral policy in place at present?? Seems it's not just politicians getting away with rule breaking :banghead: :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 27, 2020 10:15 am

Hmmmmm?

Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Romanian prime minister fined for breaking coronavirus rules

Romania's Prime Minister Ludovic Orban has been fined after a photo was published online showing him smoking in a room surrounded by other ministers.

According to Romanian media, Mr Orban said he was celebrating his birthday when the photo was taken earlier this month.

He paid two fines amounting to £542 ($673) for failing to wearing a mask and for smoking indoors. Four others were also fined, including two for wearing a face mask improperly, Bucharest police announced on Saturday.

“The prime minister knows that rules must be obeyed by all citizens, regardless of their position. If the law is broken then sanctions must be enforced,” Romania's national news agency Agerpres quoted a government spokesman as saying.

Classic - " It happens all over the world " ;) :banghead:

Sat May 30, 2020 9:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree Annis - all or none!!

Sun May 31, 2020 12:02 pm

Belgian prince contracts coronavirus after attending lockdown party in Spain

A Belgian prince has tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party during lockdown in Spain.

Prince Joachim, nephew of Belgium’s King Philippe, joined the gathering in the southern city of Córdoba on May 26 – a decision that has been described as “completely irresponsible” by Spanish authorities.

The 28-year-old-prince, who had travelled to Spain from Belgium for an internship earlier in the week, is now in quarantine along with his fellow partygoers. The tenth in line to the Belgian throne reportedly has mild symptoms.

Prince Joachim joined 26 others at the party, according to the El Pais newspaper – the Belgian Royal Palace could not confirm the number of people in attendance.

Spanish police have launched an investigation into the gathering, which risks breaching lockdown rules that only permit groups of 15 people to meet. The news comes as Spain begins to ease its strict lockdown restrictions with hopes that it will be able to welcome international visitors again from July 1, as long as its residents abide by the new rules.

Sun May 31, 2020 12:18 pm

Labour front-bencher 'right to resign', says colleague

Labour whip Rosie Duffield was "absolutely right to resign" for breaching lockdown rules, a fellow shadow cabinet member has said.

Duffield, MP for Canterbury, has apologised after she met her partner while they were living separately, in breach of restrictions.

Shadow chancellor Anneliese Dodds told the Andrew Marr Show: "It is absolutely correct that she has immediately taken responsibility for that and resigned.

"It is critically important - I have talked to my constituents about the sacrifices they have made - to stick to the rules to keep us all safe."

Sun May 31, 2020 12:29 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely agree with you Annis,

This is not a political issue. It's an issue of people who should know better no matter what political persuasion thinking that they know better than everybody else and that the rules don't apply to them.

Doesn't matter which side of the political fence these people are on - it's their arrogant stupidity that marks them out.

Yep! :thumbup:

They set the 'standards' and should be the most adherent to them in their positions and the old adage "Do as we say, not as we do..." has never been more apt! :(

Sun May 31, 2020 1:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Labour front-bencher 'right to resign', says colleague

Labour whip Rosie Duffield was "absolutely right to resign" for breaching lockdown rules, a fellow shadow cabinet member has said.

Duffield, MP for Canterbury, has apologised after she met her partner while they were living separately, in breach of restrictions.

Shadow chancellor Anneliese Dodds told the Andrew Marr Show: "It is absolutely correct that she has immediately taken responsibility for that and resigned.

"It is critically important - I have talked to my constituents about the sacrifices they have made - to stick to the rules to keep us all safe."

I assume she hasn't resigned her job as an MP, just her position on the front bench. She must have held some shadow minister role.

Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:16 pm

epping blue wrote:

I assume she hasn't resigned her job as an MP, just her position on the front bench. She must have held some shadow minister role.

Anneliese Dodds said
it is absolutely correct that she has...IMMEDIATELY TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY { immediately of course being over a month and after the Cummings witch hunt } … its not political at all though

Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm

skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Anneliese Dodds said
it is absolutely correct that she has...IMMEDIATELY TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY { immediately of course being over a month and after the Cummings witch hunt } … its not political at all though

Not only did they meet for a walk they went back to her house. Claim they maintained social distancing though. Yes right.

Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:16 pm

Oh that's alright then as long as he said sorry.

If Cummings apologised the hounds would still be out for his blood.

Hypocrits

Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:29 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Oh that's alright then as long as he said sorry.

If Cummings apologised the hounds would still be out for his blood.

Hypocrits

massively political...did you see that 9million inch flat screen TV that was brought around his house to hound his wife and child ? ive got one just like it in my living room..

Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:13 pm

Isle of Wight MP admits going to lockdown barbecue

A Conservative MP has apologised after admitting he failed to follow lockdown guidance by attending a barbecue.

According to the Guardian newspaper, Isle of Wight MP Bob Seely, went to an evening gathering at a journalist's home in Seaview on 22 May.

Seely said he and his girlfriend met the man for a work-related discussion and ate "half a sausage", but did not enter the house or have a drink.

At the time people could only meet one other person from another household at a distance in a public place.

Seely, who is leading efforts to promote the trial of the Covid-19 contact-tracing app on the island, said the journalist wanted to discuss the project with him.

In a statement, the MP said: "When I arrived, I saw another couple of people there, which I was not expecting. I thought about leaving, but felt that was perhaps over-reacting.

"I apologise because, on balance, I called this wrong. It would have better to have spoken to this person without any others nearby."

Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:15 pm

You Could Not Make This Up !! - The land of " Test and Track " :roll:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:You Could Not Make This Up !! - The land of " Test and Track " :roll:

More like the land of hot and hope! :old: :bluebird: