What the f**k does this achieve?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What the f**k does this achieve?

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:24 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Jock wrote:None of the SJWs have responded to this because in there universe everything that’s wrong with the World is the white mans fault and inter tribal slavery never existed in Africa.

I was listening to the radio the other day and some spokesman who represents some diversity organisation made an incredible statement that inter tribal slavery had never happened in Africa. :o

What??!?! Was he serious?!?! :o :o :o

Yes the radio presenter ended the interview at that point as he was perplexed at the answer
Tony Blue Williams

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 am

Mindless vandalism achieves nothing. Bluesince62 suggests no statues of slave owners should be exhibited.What about the signatories of the US Constitution, 41 of the 56 owned slaves.If we use a similar logic then no Afro American should pay a blind bit of notice to the "holy document" as it was a construct of exploitative racists? The problem is most of those that destroy are too stupid to question or know this important fact.Therefore following their line of moral equivalency they should ignore the articles therein ...but wait the very same document allows for citizens protest under it's first amendment. Ergo if they trash the US Constitution they have NO protection under the law! In demanding the removal of History they are endangering an already largely ignorant 16-25 age grouping to even further detachment from reality.

The onus should be to get the young black vote out in November rather than trash towns and cities.This did nothing for Afro Americans in 1968 and equally after Rodney King.Equally I would be pissed off if I sought real change only to have these idiots detracting from the real bigotry and violence shown by US law enforcement.
Jimmy Scoular

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:45 am

Jimmy Scoular wrote:Mindless vandalism achieves nothing. Bluesince62 suggests no statues of slave owners should be exhibited.What about the signatories of the US Constitution, 41 of the 56 owned slaves.If we use a similar logic then no Afro American should pay a blind bit of notice to the "holy document" as it was a construct of exploitative racists? The problem is most of those that destroy are too stupid to question or know this important fact.Therefore following their line of moral equivalency they should ignore the articles therein ...but wait the very same document allows for citizens protest under it's first amendment. Ergo if they trash the US Constitution they have NO protection under the law! In demanding the removal of History they are endangering an already largely ignorant 16-25 age grouping to even further detachment from reality.

The onus should be to get the young black vote out in November rather than trash towns and cities.This did nothing for Afro Americans in 1968 and equally after Rodney King.Equally I would be pissed off if I sought real change only to have these idiots detracting from the real bigotry and violence shown by US law enforcement.

Excellent post.
Jock

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:50 am

YDdraigGwyn wrote:Nelson’s Column in London next then? If that is the road we are going down.

First of all, I’m not convinced the killing was racially motivated. I’m not sure why everyone has now automatically assumed so. The issue should be police brutality; which kills all races at an alarming rate every year in the US (most of which are white). I’m not saying it wasn’t racially motivated either though, but unless I have missed something, there isn’t any evidence of race being a factor is there?

If racism did not exist for example, does that mean no black people would ever be killed by police again and all victims at the hands of the police would then be white? Of course not. So applying racism to all police killings if the victim is black is crazy.

Is racism at play for “some” incidents of that nature? Yes, it would probably be safe to say so. But to automatically assume every time an African American gets killed then it must be racially motivated is a very dangerous game to play.

People may point to the % being larger than the population split in America (in terms of black/white police killings) but for me that is a socio-economic issue. Most crime dense areas are areas of poor wealth, most areas of poor wealth have a higher black demographic than the overall country wide split (which may validly be put down to the affect of generational historical racism, granted). So applying a split across America isn’t accurate. It would be more accurate to apportion a racial split of the type of areas these killings happen in (of both races) in order to make a comparison.

On this subject however, the officer in question should be jailed for 20+ years without question. Horrific abuse of power and someone that should clearly never, ever have had any position of power - especially with a clear record of past violence and brutality. Just sickening to watch someone value another persons life so sparingly, one that was also clearly posing no threat whatsoever.

Humans, when given power, are capable of horrendous things and history is littered with examples of this from the start of time. The police and army serving Nazi Germany in the 40’s were just people like you and I at one time, yet were more than capable of carrying out the shocking things the modern human race has seen when given extreme power and the right mental conditioning.

Police dominance and brutality has been going on for decades in America. Stopping racism won’t stop police killing people. Tackling police brutality may. They can then look at education to work on the racial problem they have in some quarters and improving the socio-economic state of the country.

OMG i 100% agree with Roathy......
llan bluebird

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:53 am

Jock wrote:None of the SJWs have responded to this because in there universe everything that’s wrong with the World is the white mans fault and inter tribal slavery never existed in Africa.

I was listening to the radio the other day and some spokesman who represents some diversity organisation made an incredible statement that inter tribal slavery had never happened in Africa. :o

They say history is written by the victors, looks like people who want true historical fact have lost the war. BTW there was an Islamic slave base in the Bristol Channel and over a million Europeans were sold on the block at Tangiers. It’s got to the stage that questioning the woman you quoted is immediately met with accusations of racism, which puts society in a really terrible place. It’s all gotten a bit Big Brother.
Jock

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:54 am

The natural conclusion is we should remove Bristol (fine by me) and make them pay compensation as this was the slave starting point for many. ;)
llan bluebird

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:59 am

Who the hell did he think the slave traders got their slaves from in the first place?
JJ1927

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:03 am

Bristol have removed all references to anyone who were in slave trade from buildings and renamed them! Bristol be a backwater village if wasn't for slave traders who said cant rewrite history? ;)
pembroke allan

Postby moonboots » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 am

philrogers wrote:You cannot rewrite history.

Its like changing the name of the Colston Hall in Bristol becuase Colston was connected to the slave trade. Yes, he was, and it was a perfectly legitimate occupation in that historical moment.

Robert E Lee was a General in the Confederate Army which fought the Civil War for two reasons. Yes to keep slavesd but also (and this why Texas was in the Confederacy) to allow any state that wished to to secede from the Union.

By all means protest against racism and predjudice in all its forms. Racism is abhorrent. But do not pretend that history didnt happen.

Don't think they are trying to rewrite history. Just making the point that society shouldn't celebrate slave owners by erecting statues to them. If their actions lead to its removal it's a job well done. : :thumbup:
moonboots

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:29 am

moonboots wrote:

Its like changing the name of the Colston Hall in Bristol becuase Colston was connected to the slave trade. Yes, he was, and it was a perfectly legitimate occupation in that historical moment.

Robert E Lee was a General in the Confederate Army which fought the Civil War for two reasons. Yes to keep slavesd but also (and this why Texas was in the Confederacy) to allow any state that wished to to secede from the Union.

By all means protest against racism and predjudice in all its forms. Racism is abhorrent. But do not pretend that history didnt happen.

Don't think they are trying to rewrite history. Just making the point that society shouldn't celebrate slave owners by erecting statues to them. If their actions lead to its removal it's a job well done. : :thumbup:

It’s absurd to judge historical characters by modern standards.
Jock

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:33 am

JJ1927 wrote:

Who the hell did he think the slave traders got their slaves from in the first place?

Africans we’re complicit in the slave trade and Countries like Ghana did very well from it.
Jock

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:55 am

Don't be so naive.You don't build statues celebrating racism.Hitler was an important historical figure don't see statues of him anywhere.First thing they did when Sadam was overthrown was smash up all his statues.If I was black and american I'd have taken a sledgehammer to it.What it represents to me as a white guy is shameful and appalling but to a black man or woman........Jeez
Sneggyblubird

Postby skidemin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Don't be so naive.You don't build statues celebrating racism.Hitler was an important historical figure don't see statues of him anywhere.First thing they did when Sadam was overthrown was smash up all his statues.If I was black and american I'd have taken a sledgehammer to it.What it represents to me as a white guy is shameful and appalling but to a black man or woman........Jeez

the statue wasn't erected because he was a poster boy for slavery though
skidemin

Postby CityBlue93 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Up until 1941 there were streets in New York named -

- Adolph Hitler Street
- Goering Street
- Goebbels Street

Guessing renaming these streets was the lefties trying to rewrite history too? Or was it just people not wanting to celebrate these figures?
CityBlue93

Postby skidemin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:23 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:Up until 1941 there were streets in New York named -

- Adolph Hitler Street
- Goering Street
- Goebbels Street

Guessing renaming these streets was the lefties trying to rewrite history too? Or was it just people not wanting to celebrate these figures?

its the later.... but the statue of Lee was erected because people did want to celebrate him..
skidemin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:23 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I see your point though its probably a white mans viewpoint.Its a bit like celebrating Jimmy Saville as a groundbreaking DJ which is right enough but we all know now his terrible crimes against children so he is rightly persona non gratis and any statues built in his honour would last about a minute.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Where do you stop though, as has been pointed out many people considered heroes were involved in the slave trade. Is the enslavement of Europeans less abhorrent than that of Africans?
Jock

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:29 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:Up until 1941 there were streets in New York named -

- Adolph Hitler Street
- Goering Street
- Goebbels Street

There’s statues and places honouring Ghandi yet he believed Indians were intellectually superior to Africans.
Jock

Postby skidemin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:31 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I see your point though its probably a white mans viewpoint.Its a bit like celebrating Jimmy Saville as a groundbreaking DJ which is right enough but we all know now his terrible crimes against children so he is rightly persona non gratis and any statues built in his honour would last about a minute.

the statue was erected years after his death and 60 years after the abolition of slavery.. so I find it difficult to see it as celebrating slavery... anyway, history is history good and bad and as pointed out by others if we start tearing the bits we do not like down where do we stop.. Harlech castle ?
skidemin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 pm

Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Where do you stop though, as has been pointed out many people considered heroes were involved in the slave trade. Is the enslavement of Europeans less abhorrent than that of Africans?

Yup.see that too.But when you start generalising you lose focus on the direct topic.I dare say we all have a deep hatred of something,I'm guessing anything related to Scottish catholic politics gets your goat.I just think in this instance you gotta look at it through a black mans eyes.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Jock is 100% correct we cannot judge yesteryear by today's standards.It is silly at best. Most of the anarchists/looters/morons are incapable of having a reasoned discussion let alone fighting an intellectual position! I am just waiting for the 8 o clock clap suggestion to be banded about that is next. I am off now to desecrate Churchill's and Cromwell's statues on Parliament Square because it is obvious now they are murdering racist scum !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimmy Scoular

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Yup.see that too.But when you start generalising you lose focus on the direct topic.I dare say we all have a deep hatred of something,I'm guessing anything related to Scottish catholic politics gets your goat.I just think in this instance you gotta look at it through a black mans eyes.

Fekk off mate, I don’t live in Scotland,I don’t do religion and WTF is Scottish Catholic Politics. As for generalising, asking why Robert E Lee has to come down but Ghandi doesn’t is hardly generalising it’s just pointing out the hypocrisy of those who claim to care.
Jock

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:Mindless vandalism achieves nothing. Bluesince62 suggests no statues of slave owners should be exhibited.What about the signatories of the US Constitution, 41 of the 56 owned slaves.If we use a similar logic then no Afro American should pay a blind bit of notice to the "holy document" as it was a construct of exploitative racists? The problem is most of those that destroy are too stupid to question or know this important fact.Therefore following their line of moral equivalency they should ignore the articles therein ...but wait the very same document allows for citizens protest under it's first amendment. Ergo if they trash the US Constitution they have NO protection under the law! In demanding the removal of History they are endangering an already largely ignorant 16-25 age grouping to even further detachment from reality.

I suggest you read my 2nd post on this topic,I also suggested it should be in a museum,not in the public domain,therefore allowing those who want to see it to do so,and those who wish not to,don't have it in their faces?? And in no part have I condoned the action either,just pointed out the reason it was probably vandalised.and nothing more,I don't want to get into the history of a country,that has very little of it in real terms.as I said,put the statue in a military museum.
bluesince62

Postby danLages » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 pm

philrogers wrote:You cannot rewrite history..

About time we learned from it though
danLages

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 pm

Jock wrote:
YDdraigGwyn wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
YDdraigGwyn wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I agree with you mate. I’m pleased that something will eventually be done to ensure equality and an end to police brutality. However I think some of that empathy goes out of the window when pictures are shown of hundreds of black people taking the opportunity to loot and attack innocent people.

I just think this whole saga has been hijacked by race when I still don’t know how it qualifies as a race problem. It’s a police brutality problem, a problem that has taken the lives of all races.

This was a chance for ALL people to stand up for ALL victims of this. But yet again identity politics and social justice takes over and the focus is now completely off the topic that needs to be fought and it becomes a white vs black issue yet again.

What happened to George Floyd is sickening beyond belief and was a chance for real change. Just concerned all that is going out the window by the day, we don’t want his death to be for nothing. Change needs to happen and the focus on the police and their lack of de-escalation skills as well as harsh punishments for any police that break or bend the law in order to get some power buzz at the expense of others.

To a point you are, of course, right about general police brutality.

However, just look at the disproportionality of the numbers of black people dying in police custody to understand why the main problem has to be racism against the black community. There is a problem there that needs sorting.

Important that I make the distinction between those in police custody and those shot as a result of gun/gang crime, that's a whole different conversation !

I had a look yesterday on some stats and it seemed a similar proportion to me of all races that get killed by police in proportion to that races contribution to the countries crime rate. But this didn’t really specify “in police custody” as such, it was just killings by police. It was something like 35% of violent crimes committed by black people and they made up 33% of the police killings - something to that affect.

I just think it’s bizarre the world has now seemingly taken this as a racially motivated murder. You can’t judge the motivation of a crime based on the victims skin colour. It looks like a power issue to me, the crowd telling him to back off, him refusing and feeling if he did he would be backing down. Scary that someone would commit such an act in order not to lose face. Power is such a potent thing, it’s like a drug.

I honestly find the way it’s being protested quite divisive. Saying “this is a black problem” and “you don’t understand unless you are us” and I think Michelle Obama has actually said something along the lines of “why is this only a problem that African American families have to face?”. It’s so disrespectful to the victims and victims family of the vast majority of these cases.

About 1000 people get killed by police every year. About 700 of which are white. Had my son been killed by the police and I was being told “It’s a black problem and I don’t know what it’s like” - I would be furious.

Why everyone can’t fight for everyone I will never know.

Great post, the driving of identity politics by the media, the entertainment industry and particularly academia is the problem, they view everything through a prism of race. It’s absurd and actually causes division.

Always thought that’s why they do it.. to maintain the division. Also, a proportion of the ethnic communities aren’t interested in integrating, which suits a large proportion of the host population. And on and on..
rumpo kid

Postby Welshman in CA » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:51 pm

danLages wrote:
philrogers wrote:You cannot rewrite history..

About time we learned from it though

History is regularly rewritten, usually by the victors.
Welshman in CA

Previous

Return to General Chat