Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GARETH BALES ITS A NO

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 am

GARETH BALE NOT INTERESTED IN PL RETURN

BBC

05/06/20

Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has no intention of returning to England's top flight according to his agent Jonathan Barnett.

Bale has enjoyed seven trophy-laden years at Real since joining from Tottenham for a then world-record £85m in 2013.

The Wales international has often been cast as a scapegoat by supporters, while falling down manager Zinedine Zidane's pecking order - but Barnett has dismissed the possibility of his client leaving the Spanish giants.

"To come back and play [in the Premier League] would be a big thing but I don't think he wants to do that at the moment as he's quite happy to play at Real Madrid," Barnett told BBC Radio 4.

"I have no idea what his value is. His salary is quite high and also where he wants to go is very important in his life. I can't put a figure on it.

"It's for the clubs to decide what they want to pay for him.

"As I've always said, he's quite happy at Madrid. He has a very nice lifestyle, I don't see why he wouldn't see his career out in Madrid probably.

"It's his life that he wants to lead. Financially he will want enough for the rest of his life and all his children and grandchildren. He's won nearly everything in the world except the World Cup."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: GARETH BALES ITS A NO

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:02 am

Still hope for us then, until we are back in EPL, at least. :bluebird: :occasion5: :thumbup:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:08 am

BC-CB wrote:Still hope for us then, until we are back in EPL, at least. :bluebird: :occasion5: :thumbup:

He is not interested in returning ot the EPL. Perhaps we should stay in the Championship. He can then overlook his bar.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Hence my final point :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:39 am

Probably just prefers the Spanish weather on the golf courses.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 am

If he dosen't want to come and join us at the ccs then thats his loss :laughing6:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:04 am

At his age and given his injury record the cut and thrust of the PL would probably finish him off but money talks and a stella offer would see him in the PL.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:37 am

BLUECHUGGY wrote:If he dosen't want to come and join us at the ccs then thats his loss :laughing6:

Aye, some people just don't know how good they can have it for themselves.

Can anyone confirm he is a Cardiff fan or not. I've not seen anything indicating that.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:50 am

Said it before as a proud Welshman he could come home and start a legacy at CCFC.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
BLUECHUGGY wrote:If he dosen't want to come and join us at the ccs then thats his loss :laughing6:

Aye, some people just don't know how good they can have it for themselves.

Can anyone confirm he is a Cardiff fan or not. I've not seen anything indicating that.

I don't know about being a fan as such but its been mentioned a few times he would come and watch Chris Pike { his uncle } at NP...