Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Advice for a mates son

Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:57 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Gwentbluebird has totally misread the moral compass of this board and city fans, and at the same time exposed his.

It’s rather insulting his opinion of city fans.

Shut up u tit. I've posted on here many times .... tosser

I never said you hadn’t.
Now I think you in need of a spliff to calm down. Give the the good lad a ring sure he won’t mind popping one round for you no matter what state he’s in.

Big Mark W. Wonder wht the W stands for coz your reply acts like 1

Lol. I like that.

Right serious now it wasn’t a mistake. He knew he was wrong he thought he wouldn’t get caught. A mistake is taking a left turn.

There’s lots of things could happen, it’s not a one size fits all.

1. It will all depend on the results of whether he over or not let’s say he is.

2. He’ll have to attend magistrates court where he will be entitled to free legal aid which he should take rather than waste money on an expensive brief that won’t really do much for him.

3. He has a clean record and good family that will help if he can get references from work or/and an upstanding citizen that will help also.

4. A ban will follow just how long and how big a fine and maybe some community service and probation.

5. It also depend on the magistrates you have and what mood they in. The thing going against him as well is he broke lockdown which they won’t like.

6. They may adjourn it for reports. So he’ll have a chat with a probation officer and they decide what’s best depending on his attitude. This is where he needs to show remorse and show he has a stable background. Be honest own up say you regret it etc etc.

7. Back to court they read the reports and will take the advice of probation. My guess a ban and a fine. Probably 50 or so hours community payback and 12 months probation which is nothing if he behaves.

Seriously for something so minor not much to be gained from spending loads on a brief.
Magistrates courts are so corrupt if you plead guilty without trial you get a slap on the wrists. It’s just a game they get they conviction and they punish looks good in the public’s eye.

Dress smart be polite.

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:39 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Gwentbluebird has totally misread the moral compass of this board and city fans, and at the same time exposed his.

It’s rather insulting his opinion of city fans.

Shut up u tit. I've posted on here many times .... tosser

I never said you hadn’t.
Now I think you in need of a spliff to calm down. Give the the good lad a ring sure he won’t mind popping one round for you no matter what state he’s in.

Big Mark W. Wonder wht the W stands for coz your reply acts like 1

Lol. I like that.

Right serious now it wasn’t a mistake. He knew he was wrong he thought he wouldn’t get caught. A mistake is taking a left turn.

There’s lots of things could happen, it’s not a one size fits all.

1. It will all depend on the results of whether he over or not let’s say he is.

2. He’ll have to attend magistrates court where he will be entitled to free legal aid which he should take rather than waste money on an expensive brief that won’t really do much for him.

3. He has a clean record and good family that will help if he can get references from work or/and an upstanding citizen that will help also.

4. A ban will follow just how long and how big a fine and maybe some community service and probation.

5. It also depend on the magistrates you have and what mood they in. The thing going against him as well is he broke lockdown which they won’t like.

6. They may adjourn it for reports. So he’ll have a chat with a probation officer and they decide what’s best depending on his attitude. This is where he needs to show remorse and show he has a stable background. Be honest own up say you regret it etc etc.

7. Back to court they read the reports and will take the advice of probation. My guess a ban and a fine. Probably 50 or so hours community payback and 12 months probation which is nothing if he behaves.

Seriously for something so minor not much to be gained from spending loads on a brief.
Magistrates courts are so corrupt if you plead guilty without trial you get a slap on the wrists. It’s just a game they get they conviction and they punish looks good in the public’s eye.

Dress smart be polite.

Thank you

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 am

You most welcome.

Shame it took some prodding.

Would add that any other questions pointers I would have been more than happy to help.

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:17 pm

As others have said - dress smart, show remorse/humility.

It also might be worth a forward move towards his appenticeship employers/college - they are more likely to have a hand in influencing his future - they might take a dim view of his actions and the impressions it gives of the company.

Actively touching base with the higher ups, not just immediate manager might yield more favourable results than actions coming from them finding out via other sources.

Either way - if it was a genuine silly move on his part. Hopefully it won't put his future at risk - I know some career paths can become 'sticky' if they do background checks and it takes a worldlywise viewpoint from the person on the other side of the table to look passed youthful 'silliness' and give a kid a fair crack of the whip.

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:45 pm

Yep.. take it on the chin. I’d apologise to the court as well, basically for wasting their time.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:01 pm

How did he get on? Have the results come back yet?

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:19 pm

I wouldn't waste your money on a solicitor mate, he just aswell use a duty solicitor on the day.

The magistrates will sentence him based on the guidelines they have to follow. References, being genuinely remorseful and dressed smart will obviously help his cause but a duty on the day will do as good a job as anyone else as for this type of crime they will follow what the 'book' says depending on his reading.

PM me if you want any advice.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 am

RV Casual wrote:I wouldn't waste your money on a solicitor mate, he just aswell use a duty solicitor on the day.

The magistrates will sentence him based on the guidelines they have to follow. References, being genuinely remorseful and dressed smart will obviously help his cause but a duty on the day will do as good a job as anyone else as for this type of crime they will follow what the 'book' says depending on his reading.

PM me if you want any advice.

Sound advice :thumbup:

He should just be humble and remember whose actions took him there; an apology and a statement of embarrassment will often help, as some will see that as recognition of remorse and/or acceptance of actions

Magistrates are indeed guided by the guidelines and the Clerk of the Court but they do have some leeway with regard the level of fines/punishment meted out

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:23 pm

He was told on arrest that due to covid tests being used at labs it could take 6 months for results to come back. Which obviously they feel is worse as its hanging over them the not knowing I guess.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Just a little update for those interested and the ones who gave advice. He had his blood results back and they were below legal limits. So no further action has been given to him. Hopefully lessons learned

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 pm

As it says:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:42 am

I was shocked as when I checked the legal limit is very very low on weed. So when he said he barely touched it I honestly didnt believe him as I said above hopefully lesson learned. And I know some disagreed with my statement about him being a good lad. But he is apart from this which turned out he was still legal to drive I dont think I've ever heard anyone say a bad thing about him. 1 relieved family

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Brilliant outcome lesson learned move on and good luck in his future career