Advice for a mates son

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Advice for a mates son

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:52 am

Hi guys, Just after some advice for a mates son hes 20 and recently been arrested for drug driving. Him and a few of his mates were parked up. I think it was 2 cars 4 people in total 1 boy had a joint and He had a small bit as he was driving. But police pulled up swabbed them etc and since he was a driver he been arrested waiting for blood results. It seems the results are very small for cannabis so very likely over the limit. Hes a good kid doing an apprenticeship no previous etc. Just wondered anyone got any advice or good solicitor experience in this matter he can call to try and keep ban etc to a minimum as it would disrupt his work etc. Thanks
gwentbluebirds

Advice for a mates son

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Advice for a mates son

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:45 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Hi guys, Just after some advice for a mates son hes 20 and recently been arrested for drug driving. Him and a few of his mates were parked up. I think it was 2 cars 4 people in total 1 boy had a joint and He had a small bit as he was driving. But police pulled up swabbed them etc and since he was a driver he been arrested waiting for blood results. It seems the results are very small for cannabis so very likely over the limit. Hes a good kid doing an apprenticeship no previous etc. Just wondered anyone got any advice or good solicitor experience in this matter he can call to try and keep ban etc to a minimum as it would disrupt his work etc. Thanks

Advice tell this good kid as you call him to give up illegal drugs while he’s driving :roll:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:00 am

Did he actually admit to having a puff to the police?If not his excuse could be perhaps if he was sat in a car with some lads smoking he could have inhaled and got some in his bloodstream that way-might be worth a try.One other thing,if hes gotta go to court tell him to dress smart and look remorseful, apologise(even if he couldn't give one) and leave any attitude at home(I got a 20yo too :lol: )My mate is a magistrate and he said it does make a difference especially if the reading is low.

But in all honesty I would run all this past a brief rather than rely on any advice given on here~(including mine)

Good luck :thumbup:
Sneggyblubird

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:01 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Hi guys, Just after some advice for a mates son hes 20 and recently been arrested for drug driving. Him and a few of his mates were parked up. I think it was 2 cars 4 people in total 1 boy had a joint and He had a small bit as he was driving. But police pulled up swabbed them etc and since he was a driver he been arrested waiting for blood results. It seems the results are very small for cannabis so very likely over the limit. Hes a good kid doing an apprenticeship no previous etc. Just wondered anyone got any advice or good solicitor experience in this matter he can call to try and keep ban etc to a minimum as it would disrupt his work etc. Thanks

Anyone who is prepared to drive under the influence of drugs deserves a long ban. He’s hardly a “good kid” he’s a dangerous driver
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Anyone who is prepared to drive under the influence of drugs deserves a long ban. He’s hardly a “good kid” he’s a dangerous driver

Was this good kid out breaking lockdown and smoking illegal drugs ??
Bigmarkw

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:33 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Did he actually admit to having a puff to the police?If not his excuse could be perhaps if he was sat in a car with some lads smoking he could have inhaled and got some in his bloodstream that way-might be worth a try.One other thing,if hes gotta go to court tell him to dress smart and look remorseful, apologise(even if he couldn't give one) and leave any attitude at home(I got a 20yo too :lol: )My mate is a magistrate and he said it does make a difference especially if the reading is low.

But in all honesty I would run all this past a brief rather than rely on any advice given on here~(including mine)

Would you give exact same advice if he knocked down and killed a member of your family honest answer please :?:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:38 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Advice tell this good kid as you call him to give up illegal drugs while he’s driving :roll:

Didnt realise everyone on here was so angelic
gwentbluebirds

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:47 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Didn’t you??
You seem to think your mates kid is. Regardless of the evidence.
Bigmarkw

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:00 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Didn’t you??

No hes a young lad who's made his 1st mistake in life. He had a small amount and did not drive for few hours later which is why hes not sure on what the reading would be. Is it not better to let him see error of judgement and help rather than ban for life throw away the key and let him turn to life of crime instead of chance to get apprenticeship and move on with life
gwentbluebirds

Postby Citysince72 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am

I do understand your point but if he's a good kid and sensible he should know better. Maybe getting caught and banned now will stop him making a bigger life changing mistake in years to come.
Citysince72

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:26 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Didn’t you??

No hes a young lad who's made his 1st mistake in life. He had a small amount and did not drive for few hours later which is why hes not sure on what the reading would be. Is it not better to let him see error of judgement and help rather than ban for life throw away the key and let him turn to life of crime instead of chance to get apprenticeship and move on with life

It wasn’t a mistake was it he also broke lockdown rules not caring about nhs workers or vulnerable people.

He’s not gonna get banned for life but hopefully a decent size ban as he clearly not grown up enough yet to drive I’ll feel safer for myself and young daughter that there’s another impaired driver off the road.
Bigmarkw

Postby Citysince72 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:29 am

Actually yes, putting a joint to your mouth is an action not a mistake.

There's enough idiots on the road without people not fully with it adding to the problem.
Citysince72

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:46 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Correct I am not angelic but I have never and will never will in the future drug drive ( sounds bad when you say it like that drug drive ) tell him to step up and accept responsibility for what he has done and not try to wriggle off the hook because that will teach him nothing ;)
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:48 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Correct I am not angelic but I have never and will never will in the future drug drive ( sounds bad when you say it like that drug drive ) tell him to step up and accept responsibility for what he has done and not try to wriggle off the hook because that will teach him nothing ;)

Well said.
Bigmarkw

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:50 am

Gwentbluebird has totally misread the moral compass of this board and city fans, and at the same time exposed his.

It’s rather insulting his opinion of city fans.
Bigmarkw

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:58 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Did he actually admit to having a puff to the police?If not his excuse could be perhaps if he was sat in a car with some lads smoking he could have inhaled and got some in his bloodstream that way-might be worth a try.One other thing,if hes gotta go to court tell him to dress smart and look remorseful, apologise(even if he couldn't give one) and leave any attitude at home(I got a 20yo too :lol: )My mate is a magistrate and he said it does make a difference especially if the reading is low.

Would you give exact same advice if he knocked down and killed a member of your family honest answer please :?:

No I wouldn't but he didn't did he.He was lucky.Honest enough for you?

I was speaking as a father would to his son and I've got 3

Many many people and I'm guessing most on here have done stuff they've got away with and a lot have done stuff where they haven't.

Now then vicar.I've answered you question honestly do me the same courtesy.

Have you ever done something that was wrong and later regretted it or ever been caught?

Have you ever given advice before judging someone?
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:23 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Many many people and I'm guessing most on here have done stuff they've got away with and a lot have done stuff where they haven't.

Have you ever done something that was wrong and later regretted it or ever been caught?

K mate try not to get personal calling me vicar
Thank you for answering honestly in your view as you allude to " so long as it's not a member of my family he mows down I'm ok with that " :roll:
And in answer to your question Yes I have done things in life I have regretted. However in the OP on this thread there is no mention of regret only about getting a good solicitor and wriggle out of situation dressing up well to influence magistrates etc
And in answer to your second question my advice if he is over the drug drive limit is GIVE UP DRUG DRIVING :banghead:
Oh can you also see out for a spin with fellow drug drivers is NOT a essential journey :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:35 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Didn't you know, City fans are angels now :laughing6:

Probably half of them drove with more than one shandy when they were young.

That said he was stupid, hopefully he has learned his lesson, I would say the same as someone said above, dress smart act remorseful, get the best solicitor he can afford, take what punishment he gets on the chin and move on.
Bluebina

Postby Panzermouse » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am

I don't know what level of punishment he'll get but the amount of Cannabinoids in his system depend on what strain of Weed he was smoking and how much he actually got in him. If it was some shitty Soap bar it could be low, it generally is compared to what's else is available but if he's smoked one of the stronger herbal strains it will be high.
Panzermouse

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Thank you for answering honestly in your view as you allude to " so long as it's not a member of my family he mows down I'm ok with that " :roll:
And in answer to your question Yes I have done things in life I have regretted. However in the OP on this thread there is no mention of regret only about getting a good solicitor and wriggle out of situation dressing up well to influence magistrates etc
And in answer to your second question my advice if he is over the drug drive limit is GIVE UP DRUG DRIVING :banghead:
Oh can you also see out for a spin with fellow drug drivers is NOT a essential journey :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I've done enough myself but as a dad I must admit he would be left in no doubt about the stupidity of his actions and the consequences of his actions but I've never met a 20yo who considers his actions now might impact his life further down the road.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

I've done enough myself but as a dad I must admit he would be left in no doubt about the stupidity of his actions and the consequences of his actions but I've never met a 20yo who considers his actions now might impact his life further down the road.

The out come of this what I hope to see Is after he is punished he reflects that what he has done is wrong and realises what damage and harm he could have done to himself and others and goes on to complete his apprenticeship and have a successful career and pass on the lesson to other youngsters in the future
Pembroke bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:Gwentbluebird has totally misread the moral compass of this board and city fans, and at the same time exposed his.

Shut up u tit. I've posted on here many times .... tosser
gwentbluebirds

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

The out come of this what I hope to see Is after he is punished he reflects that what he has done is wrong and realises what damage and harm he could have done to himself and others and goes on to complete his apprenticeship and have a successful career and pass on the lesson to other youngsters in the future

Tbh I wrote it this morning before work while having a cuppa. I was generalizing rather than stating full facts. The facts goes that he went to KFC and I know not essentials but I also know hes been working from home and has not gone out very often at all during lockdown. Whilst at KFC bumped into 1 or 2 mates went up mountain road ate had some weed. And stayed chatting for a while. Police drove past stopped pulled up. Questioned them I'm guessing smelt weed and swabbed etc. I didnt go into detail about remorse etc as I said it was before work this morning. But because he and his parents etc are so upset over it which is why I asked on here for any help to cushion it. He knows hes done wrong knows it's a ban coming and price rise etc. It was just looking for something I could pass on to family to say look so and so have said that if u write a letter or attend a class etc they may look at minimizing the ban etc :roll:
gwentbluebirds

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:53 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Gwentbluebird has totally misread the moral compass of this board and city fans, and at the same time exposed his.

I never said you hadn’t.
Now I think you in need of a spliff to calm down. Give the the good lad a ring sure he won’t mind popping one round for you no matter what state he’s in.
Bigmarkw

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Sneggy would rather give a hug to a child killer. So drug driving don’t even show up on his moral compass.
Bigmarkw

Postby Norris ninian » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:58 pm

I can see exactly what you were doing. I did some stupid things too as a juvenile and due to a decent brief and some leniency I escaped a custodial sentence and never got pulled again. I fully admire you for trying to help the lad (whose made a mistake) and his worried family ( they're obviously decent people). I doubt if you'll ask for help on here again
Norris ninian

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Sneggy would rather give a hug to a child killer. So drug driving don’t even show up on his moral compass.

Never even come close to saying that but the truth is your just pissed at the rinsing I've gave you. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:30 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Tbh I wrote it this morning before work while having a cuppa. I was generalizing rather than stating full facts. The facts goes that he went to KFC and I know not essentials but I also know hes been working from home and has not gone out very often at all during lockdown. Whilst at KFC bumped into 1 or 2 mates went up mountain road ate had some weed. And stayed chatting for a while. Police drove past stopped pulled up. Questioned them I'm guessing smelt weed and swabbed etc. I didnt go into detail about remorse etc as I said it was before work this morning. But because he and his parents etc are so upset over it which is why I asked on here for any help to cushion it. He knows hes done wrong knows it's a ban coming and price rise etc. It was just looking for something I could pass on to family to say look so and so have said that if u write a letter or attend a class etc they may look at minimizing the ban etc :roll:

K mate really hope it works out lessons learnt move on for him and best of luck we’ve all done stupid things in life :thumbright:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Norris ninian wrote:I can see exactly what you were doing. I did some stupid things too as a juvenile and due to a decent brief and some leniency I escaped a custodial sentence and never got pulled again. I fully admire you for trying to help the lad (whose made a mistake) and his worried family ( they're obviously decent people). I doubt if you'll ask for help on here again

Cheers mate. If they had been in loads of trouble or were a rough family then they wouldn't need help as they be used to it. Hes very worried and his parents are concerned for his future as it's a decent job opportunity hes in. As I said previous I was looking for some pointers to pass on or a decent brief to let know. As again I said he knows a ban etc coming but a decent lawyer can keep it around 12 months rather than 3 years etc
gwentbluebirds

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:42 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

I never said you hadn’t.
Now I think you in need of a spliff to calm down. Give the the good lad a ring sure he won’t mind popping one round for you no matter what state he’s in.

Big Mark W. Wonder wht the W stands for coz your reply acts like 1
gwentbluebirds

Next

Return to General Chat