Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City: " Season ticket refund options "

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Options for 2019/20 ST Holders & Corporate ST Holders

Option 1: Academy donation

The value of your pro-rata refund will be donated directly to the Cardiff City Academy.

You will be given free access to stream all remaining games of the 2019/20 regular season via Cardiff City TV.*

Option 2: Ticket Office credit for 2020/21 months :bluebird:

The value of your pro-rata refund will be given in the form of Ticket Office credit, for use upon Cardiff City Stadium’s reopening for supporters.

You will be able to use the credit for one of four options in 2020/21: (1) Season Ticket renewal, (2) Flex Tickets, (3) Half Season Tickets, (4) Match Tickets.

You will be given free access to stream all remaining games of the 2019/20 regular season via Cardiff City TV.*

You will be entered into a competition, with 10 fans winning our 2020/21 home shirt and VIP hospitality for you and a guest, upon Cardiff City Stadium’s reopening for supporters.

The third option, of course, is a refund.

Should season ticket holders wish to receive a cash refund the club state you will therefore forego your status as a season ticket holder and its associated benefits.

For those who have purchased match-day tickets and match-day hospitality, the following options are available.

The value of your refund will be donated directly to the Cardiff City Academy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Just received this via Cardiff City App

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:21 pm

This was the first part “ From Monday 15th June at 2pm, supporters have the choice of receiving a Ticket Office credit or donating the amount to the club’s Academy (with associated benefits), in lieu of a refund. See below for further detail.” Not sure what the “with associated benefits“ mean.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:23 pm

The season ticket refund options Cardiff City just announced

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/up ... rNE-J9ykw4 :bluebird:

The club have offered Bluebirds season ticket holders and match-day ticket purchasers options to remunerate them

By Glen Williams

Friday 12th June 2020

Cardiff City season ticket holders have been given two options with regards to their refund

Cardiff City have given season ticket holders the option of a full refund, receiving a ticket credit for next season or donating their money to the club's Academy in order to mitigate remaining home fixtures taking place behind closed doors.

The remaining Championship fixtures will be played in empty stadia, including each of the Bluebirds' five home games, starting with Leeds United next Sunday.

It means season ticket holders will be unable to attend matches, although they will be able to watch each game via various platforms, including Cardiff City TV.

But now the club have given season ticket holders two distinct options to help mitigate financial outlay, as well as a third option of a refund. Fans will be able to apply for their preferred option from 2pm next Monday.

The value of your pro-rata refund will be donated directly to the Cardiff City Academy.
You will be given free access to stream all remaining games of the 2019/20 regular season via Cardiff City TV.

Option 2: Ticket Office credit for 2020/21

The value of your pro-rata refund will be given in the form of Ticket Office credit, for use upon Cardiff City Stadium’s reopening for supporters.
You will be able to use the credit for one of four options in 2020/21: (1) Season Ticket renewal, (2) Flex Tickets, (3) Half Season Tickets, (4) Match Tickets.

The third option, of course, is a refund.

Should season ticket holders wish to receive a cash refund the club state you will therefore forego your status as a season ticket holder and its associated benefits.

For those who have purchased match-day tickets and match-day hospitality, the following options are available.

The value of your refund will be donated directly to the Cardiff City Academy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:35 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/up ... rNE-J9ykw4

Thanks - couldn’t find a way of attaching link via my phone :clap:

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:41 pm

arabellaman wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/update-season-ticket-holders-match-ticket-purchasers?utm_source=tickets&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=youroptions&utm_content=allSTHs

Thanks - couldn’t find a way of attaching link via my phone :clap:

No probs. I received an email with the link in.

Good move by the club. Happy to donate mine.

Re: " Season ticket refund options "

Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:53 pm

Very good from the club

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:00 pm

Ill also be donating

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:00 pm

Good list of options, but missing the vital bit of info.

How much is each tier refund 'worth'.

In the current situation that might be a meal on the table, a tank of fuel etc.

I know most will probably go for options 1 or 2, but everyone's circumstances are different.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Do we phone the ticket office or email them

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Mulberry wrote:Good list of options, but missing the vital bit of info.

How much is each tier refund 'worth'.

In the current situation that might be a meal on the table, a tank of fuel etc.

I know most will probably go for options 1 or 2, but everyone's circumstances are different.

The refund credit is what you paid for the ticket divided by 23 (game)
so if you paid £350 for you ticket divided by 23 X 5( remaining games) = £76
so if you are able to watch the 9 remaing games on city tv it would cost you £90.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Credit against what?

There won’t be any football to watch at CCS until at least January and probably longer so how can the club offer Season Tickets?

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:18 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Do we phone the ticket office or email them

There’s a link to a login that you can use after 15th mate.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:21 pm

Danny Says wrote:Credit against what?

There won’t be any football to watch at CCS until at least January and probably longer so how can the club offer Season Tickets?

Can you send me Saturday's lottery numbers please?

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Donate for me but can't see any fans in the grounds for a long time

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:31 pm

They are not offering credit against season tickets for next season, what they said was credit against season ticken WHEN it is allowed to let crowds in again :thumbup:

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Donate

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Where is Option 3:- Refund the money to your bank

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:Where is Option 3:- Refund the money to your bank

Have you read the link?

Should you instead opt for a cash refund, you will receive a pro-rata cash refund and will forego your status as a Season Ticket Holder, along with associated benefits. You can do so from Monday 15th June at 2pm, here.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:22 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:

Have you read the link?

Should you instead opt for a cash refund, you will receive a pro-rata cash refund and will forego your status as a Season Ticket Holder, along with associated benefits. You can do so from Monday 15th June at 2pm, here.

Have you read it

The value of your refund will be given in the form of Ticket Office credit, for use upon Cardiff City Stadium’s reopening for supporters.

Where does it say you can have your money back

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

Have you read the link?

Have you read it

The value of your refund will be given in the form of Ticket Office credit, for use upon Cardiff City Stadium’s reopening for supporters.

I have. That's why I asked if you had. Screenshot attached. It's clear to see.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:39 pm

I would say it's pretty fair by the club.

Most will accept the credit and use it next season which is fair.
I can also understand if people want money back as times are hard and £75 is a weeks food shop for a small family. They are technically cancelling the season ticket so it's right they lose any privileges that go with it.

I cant see many giving to the academy though

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Bebbsyboy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

Have you read the link?

Have you read it

I have. That's why I asked if you had. Screenshot attached. It's clear to see.

Sorry didn’t read in full

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

Have you read the link?

Have you read it

Youve obviously got a dodgy link if others know about cash refunds.. :old:

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bebbsyboy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

Have you read the link?

Have you read it

Youve obviously got a dodgy link if others know about cash refunds.. :old:

If if was a suspicious man, I'd question bebbsyboy's links to BlueLagoon

Both appear to charge in blindly where money and refunds are involved rather than getting the full facts

At least bebbsyboy offered an apology for his faux pas though :thumbright:

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:

They are not offering credit against season tickets for next season, what they said was credit against season ticken WHEN it is allowed to let crowds in again :thumbup:

So that’s possibly the 2021/22 season then :wave:

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

So that’s possibly the 2021/22 season then :wave:

Nobody knows mate.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:11 pm

We need to get behind our club.
If you can afford it please don't ask for a refund

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:16 pm

So I just go to the office and opt for the cash, will they give it there and then?
Unfortunately I'm in hospital and won't be able to support for the foreseeable, so cash is the best option for me. Any advice on getiing the cash Appreciated

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:22 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:So I just go to the office and opt for the cash, will they give it there and then?
Unfortunately I'm in hospital and won't be able to support for the foreseeable, so cash is the best option for me. Any advice on getiing the cash Appreciated

It might be an option online when the thing is up and running. If not contact the club or get a family member to it won't be a problem at all

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Just to clarify, I take it option 1 means ALL remaining 9 games, as opposed to all 5 home games. If this is the case, what a great offer for the fans and it helps the club financially. A win, win situation.

I also understand that everyone has different financial circumstances given the current climate, so some may require a cash refund.