Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Cardiff players take the knee

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:33 pm

What would be your thoughts,should they or not,it’s peer pressure at it’s worst.
Would you support a player who stood up whilst all around knelt,very difficult for a player to make a stand.
Thoughts

Re: If Cardiff players take the knee

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 pm

No brainer for me

Why pander to the minority

No, no, no no player should bend the knee and personally id be gutted if they did, football is sport not political.

Unless they bend the knee to the poor pregnant woman he robbed to, or every white man killed by a black man.

It's an act of utter pandering that doesn't need to be done

We are all against racism we don't need to bow a knee to it.

And a black life is not more important than any other life.

Please CCFC don't let it happen.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:08 pm

Citysince72 wrote:No brainer for me

No, no, no no player should bend the knee and personally id be gutted if they did, football is sport not political.

Unless they bend the knee to the poor pregnant woman he robbed to, or every white man killed by a black man.

I too will be gutted but I think we better get our heads around it happening... there seems to be the notion the whole world are behind BLM...

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:06 am

Let's hope not. Ridiculous.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:37 am

Every player in every league will do it because of the witch hunt that would follow if they didn't. To take a stand like this requires a very articulate individual explain why he is doing it not to mention bravery. The hysteria that has been whipped up by the BLM movement and the compliant media and politicians means that no one will do so.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:55 am

Cracking point

I would love to see someone stand up to it and not do it.

And wouldn't it be so apt if it was a black player.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:01 pm

if a cardiff player feels the he needs to take a knee that's his personal choice and nothing to do with us.but then I hope he goes on to score for us

Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Citysince72 wrote:Cracking point

mate. SOL has been going on about Harry Kane not coming out in support of BLM.. so don't see any of ours standing up to it...

Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Sol has always been a pompous fool

FA may have to do something as this knee bending nonsense has annoyed the majority not the minority

Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Citysince72 wrote:No brainer for me

This is bang on.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Don't care about taking a knee but I certainly hope that on Sunday the players wear black armbands in tribute to the legend that is Peter Whittingham.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:41 pm

davids wrote:Don't care about taking a knee but I certainly hope that on Sunday the players wear black armbands in tribute to the legend that is Peter Whittingham.

:thumbup:

Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:38 pm

If a player wants to, they shouldn't be told not to or punished for doing so.

But it should not be forced upon them or actively encouraged - has to be an individuals choice.

Besides, they can have whatever political views they want. Even if they're a Tory, all that matters to me is what they do on the pitch once the game kicks off.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:49 pm

Citysince72 wrote:Sol has always been a pompous fool

FA may have to do something as this knee bending nonsense has annoyed the majority not the minority

Sol a pompous fool? Please explain. :old: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:30 am

Pompous = self importance

Look back at his interviews over the years then come back to me with a better question

Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:18 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
davids wrote:Don't care about taking a knee but I certainly hope that on Sunday the players wear black armbands in tribute to the legend that is Peter Whittingham.

:thumbup:

Now that’s more like it :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:34 pm

Any news on a fitting tribute to the loss of our great man PW?

Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Any news on a fitting tribute to the loss of our great man PW?

What ever happens on Sunday, there needs to be a huge tribute prior to the kick off when fans are back. :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:02 pm

I'm totally behind the BLM movement as long as its PEACEFUL and no statues are damaged. If it turns into a ISIS movement then no thanks.

Not really into this bending the knee bollocks though and all the virtue SIGNALING that goes with it.

Very Sad how the Floyd feller died but the guy was no fu... angel . Not a person people should look up to or be on sky news for over a hour covering his funeral. He beat a pregnant women up and put a gun to her belly.

But hey the police do treat black people different In USA and I would be nervois being their parents in America and UK. UK seema better to me though?

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Let’s just hope Etheridge,Sanderson, Bamba, Richards,Baccuna, Nelson, Murphy, Adomah, Mendez-Laing, Hoillet, Glazell, Vassell read this forum then eh!

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:50 pm

BlueGog wrote:Let’s just hope Etheridge,Sanderson, Bamba, Richards,Baccuna, Nelson, Murphy, Adomah, Mendez-Laing, Hoillet, Glazell, Vassell read this forum then eh!

have they been rioting and desecrating statues and war memorials ?

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:59 pm

He’ll be missed and remembered fondly forever by City Fans, George Floyd............not so much.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 pm

BlueGog wrote:Let’s just hope Etheridge,Sanderson, Bamba, Richards,Baccuna, Nelson, Murphy, Adomah, Mendez-Laing, Hoillet, Glazell, Vassell read this forum then eh!

I don’t get down CCS often enough but when I do go it’s the colour of the Shirt I’m interested in, not the colour of the guy inside it.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm

No problem with taking the knee.... What's infuriated me is when kapernick took the knee, everyone lost their shit. Lost his contract in the NFL, his career was ended and the NFL put a stop to it. Nike then sponser kapernick and people burn Nike products because they supported a man who knelt to say he was against racism.... Now people keep saying why isn't the BLM movement peaceful etc... Well when they did it peaceful people had a problem and shut it down.... If any of our players takes the knee I have no issue.

Also people keep bringing up George Floyd's criminal past as if that justifies his murder. How many members of this forum have been arrested for football disorders... How many friends have died who had criminal records... Are you saying their deaths weren't important because they had criminal records?

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:06 pm

bluebird04 wrote:No problem with taking the knee.... What's infuriated me is when kapernick took the knee, everyone lost their shit. Lost his contract in the NFL, his career was ended and the NFL put a stop to it. Nike then sponser kapernick and people burn Nike products because they supported a man who knelt to say he was against racism.... Now people keep saying why isn't the BLM movement peaceful etc... Well when they did it peaceful people had a problem and shut it down.... If any of our players takes the knee I have no issue.

Also people keep bringing up George Floyd's criminal past as if that justifies his murder. How many members of this forum have been arrested for football disorders... How many friends have died who had criminal records... Are you saying their deaths weren't important because they had criminal records?

Spot on bluebird04 :thumbup: - Just want to touch on the Colin Kapernick side of your post as a 49's fan .
This guy and a few others done what they believed in and got slated years ago - Now as a result Free Agent .
Will any player in this country who takes a knee in the coming weeks be disregarded ? That ship has sailed..CK :thumbup:

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 pm

bluebird04 wrote:No problem with taking the knee.... What's infuriated me is when kapernick took the knee, everyone lost their shit. Lost his contract in the NFL, his career was ended and the NFL put a stop to it. Nike then sponser kapernick and people burn Nike products because they supported a man who knelt to say he was against racism.... Now people keep saying why isn't the BLM movement peaceful etc... Well when they did it peaceful people had a problem and shut it down.... If any of our players takes the knee I have no issue.

people didn't lose their shit because he was against racism though... it was because of the disrespecting of their national anthem..

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:48 pm

BLM is not new its been around for decades in the states and is a very wealthy organisation PL EFL has said they will support players who take the knee chances are all players will even if some may feel uncomfortable doing so as there will be a lot of peer pressure on them to do so just say some don't will they also get support from the said leagues or will they fine them send on a course or class them as racist it definitely a minefield because after all in American Football not every player takes a knee I think the questions are legitimate on this topic although probably hypothetical at the moment

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Wouldn't give a rats arse as long as he believed in it and didn't do it because he was told to.

modern day top footballers are like elite road cyclists or formula 1 drivers they always have to remember the sponsors or this weeks message.

This weeks is it-
NHS heros we salute you,
Black life matters
kick it out
show racism the red card
Rainbow laces
Poppy appeal
love our servicemen and veterans
international women day
visit malaysia
visit Wales (as long as you don't travel 5 miles)
addidas equipment.

No wonder they all sound as if they are reading their gratitude from a pre rehearsed speech made by the communications team

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 pm

James Joseph McClean ask him.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:40 pm

stickywicket wrote:

James Joseph McClean ask him.

yes he could wear his ski mask…