Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: “ HALF A MILLION ON THEIR WAY “

Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:56 pm

Over 500,000 Germans now coming to Mallorca this year.

Tuesday 16th June 2020

Over a half a million Germans are now expected to land in Mallorca this year as the first Germans arrived yesterday.
From 21st June the borders will be totally open to Germany and the demand for flights has exploded with the German government saying “Mallorca is now one of the safest places to go in the world .”

The UK with now one if the worst death rates in the world many countries are saying no to them this year, with the Spanish government wanting them to come here from the 21st June, but many on the island are very wary of the British coming here due to not really containing the virus like other countries did.

First German tourists arrive in Spain’s Balearic Islands with no fear of coronavirus: ‘I feel very safe’
A total of 189 passengers landed on Mallorca on Monday as part of a tourism pilot program aimed at testing coronavirus safety measures ahead of June 21, when Spain will reopen its borders with all European Union including the UK and Schengen-area countries, in total 10,900 Germans will land in Mallorca this week .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: “ HALF A MILLION EXPECTED “

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Annis I was thinking about you when this came on the news last night

What are your thoughts? Too much too soon? Or need the tourists back.

I remember when me and Tracy stayed in Santa Ponsa years ago the hotelier used to say that to many Germans they regard Majorca as Germanys 17th State

Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Annis I was thinking about you when this came on the news last night

I remember when me and Tracy stayed in Santa Ponsa years ago the hotelier used to say that to many Germans they regard Majorca as Germanys 17th State

Honestly for selfish reasons Paul, I want My daughter here ASAP and the island need tourists but they prob could survive this year with just the other European countries as we’ve already lost at least 4 months.

If I was Pm of Spain I would not let the UK here and who could blame them.

I got slated by quite a few on this forum for saying UK had a holiday virtually, clamping down now, but way way to late as usual.

Boris and the minority were pathetic.

UK does not know what a lockdown really is and I can tell you from first hand experience it’s hard, not nice, but well worth it :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Annis I was thinking about you when this came on the news last night

When the Kruats were converting to the Euro they were landing in Majorca with suitcases full of Deutschmarks and buying villas cash.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Jock wrote:

When the Kruats were converting to the Euro they were landing in Majorca with suitcases full of Deutschmarks and buying villas cash.

Yeah the krauts have been loving Majorca for as long as I can remember. They used to be all over the east coast.

(Don’t mention the war!)

Re: BREAKING: “ HALF A MILLION ON THEIR WAY “

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Over 500,000 Germans now coming to Mallorca this year.

Tuesday 16th June 2020

Over a half a million Germans are now expected to land in Mallorca this year as the first Germans arrived yesterday.
From 21st June the borders will be totally open to Germany and the demand for flights has exploded with the German government saying “Mallorca is now one of the safest places to go in the world .”

The UK with now one if the worst death rates in the world many countries are saying no to them this year, with the Spanish government wanting them to come here from the 21st June, but many on the island are very wary of the British coming here due to not really containing the virus like other countries did.

First German tourists arrive in Spain’s Balearic Islands with no fear of coronavirus: ‘I feel very safe’
A total of 189 passengers landed on Mallorca on Monday as part of a tourism pilot program aimed at testing coronavirus safety measures ahead of June 21, when Spain will reopen its borders with all European Union including the UK and Schengen-area countries, in total 10,900 Germans will land in Mallorca this week .

Is it 6 million uk tourists there every year? In Spain? It’s the Spanish who will lose out on the income, Brits will just go elsewhere.....Or nowhere this year.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:45 pm

And here's a warm cardiff city welcome to Robert Glatzel!

Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:40 pm

New Zealand has confirmed two new cases of coronavirus, ending a 24-day run of no new infections in the country.
Where did they come from,you've guessed it the UK.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Not forgetting the other passengers I'm assuming we're on the plane with the covid2 as they're now known.

Well done

Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:58 pm

goats wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Over 500,000 Germans now coming to Mallorca this year.

Tuesday 16th June 2020

Is it 6 million uk tourists there every year? In Spain? It’s the Spanish who
will lose out on the income, Brits will just go elsewhere.....Or nowhere this year.

Yes we get between 4-6mill a yr included in that is many many Spanish who have second homes from the mainlands .

It use to be about 60% UK, 30% Germans etc etc then about 10% Spanish.

Last few yrs it’s been the Germans, the biggest spenders , then the UK.
We also now get many French and of course plenty of Scandinavians.

I still see the UK coming , but they still need to sort a few things out.

Mallorca mainly survives on UK & Germany.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:59 pm

stickywicket wrote:New Zealand has confirmed two new cases of coronavirus, ending a 24-day run of no new infections in the country.
Where did they come from,you've guessed it the UK.

Spot On .

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm

They’ve got a cheek, Spain were the biggest importer or corona virus cases into the uk initially accounting for 34%, if anything we should be wary of them, especially with this influx of people!

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:41 pm

Norris ninian wrote:And here's a warm cardiff city welcome to Robert Glatzel!

:laughing6:

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:They’ve got a cheek, Spain were the biggest importer or corona virus cases into the uk initially accounting for 34%, if anything we should be wary of them, especially with this influx of people!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752 :cry:

So am I correct or not in the following??

Don’t do a Disappearing act?

Please answer ?

Totally disagree as now the Balearic Islands are virtually virus free and totally virus free where I live, so why should someone flying back from here to the UK have to quarantine for 14 days??

Who let the Spanish in?
I would not of.
Answer that when Boris the clown does everything backwards.

Also allowing 3,500 Spanish in to the UK to watch a football match when the virus was high in Spain was complete madness by the idiot Boris.

Airports letting in 15,000 a day during the height of the virus and not a single check.

The UK had Cheltenham for week , concerts etc

And now every week you’ve got protests , rioting etc where’s the social distancing??

The country with the problem is the UK if you are honest with yourself.

Be interesting to see if you can be the first one of the 8 that continues to argue that everything is virtually perfect in the UK , but can finally admit Boris is late on everything and does it all back to front.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752

We’ve been wearing face masks for months, did the UK ignore that for months? And now are they not compulsory on public transport in the main parts of the UK?

I have another 25 facts / questions for you to say true or not to, just waiting for you to honestly answer these first .

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:28 am

Annis, it's not often we don't agree but on this one you are a mile away.

You slate the UK death rate and all assundry at every opportunity, but you then go on to praise the Spanish for doing a great job.

Unfortunately my friend you are blinkered. The Islands, such as Majorca, and the rest of the Ibereas, have seen the least of it......for obvious reasons. Places where populations are rife like Madrid have been battered.

Compare Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Skye and you will get a comparisson. Don't compare an overpopuleted country like the UK to Spain as there is no comparrison.

I know you suffered "total lockdown" with no exit from your home but that does not make you a bigger trooper than us living in Britain. Only time will tell whether we were too late locking down but by no stretch of the imagination is it a given "fact" now. It is an opinion, and that is all it is. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hope all is well, get the beers cooled, I'm flying over on the 22nd! :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:34 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Annis, it's not often we don't agree but on this one you are a mile away.

You slate the UK death rate and all assundry at every opportunity, but you then go on to praise the Spanish for doing a great job.

Unfortunately my friend you are blinkered. The Islands, such as Majorca, and the rest of the Ibereas, have seen the least of it......for obvious reasons. Places where populations are rife like Madrid have been battered.

Compare Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Skye and you will get a comparisson. Don't compare an overpopuleted country like the UK to Spain as there is no comparrison.

I know you suffered "total lockdown" with no exit from your home but that does not make you a bigger trooper than us living in Britain. Only time will tell whether we were too late locking down but by no stretch of the imagination is it a given "fact" now. It is an opinion, and that is all it is. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hope all is well, get the beers cooled, I'm flying over on the 22nd! :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:

Morning Jim,

No I don’t just praise Spain in fact they were slow in action and get plenty wrong, but eventually started to get it right and we’re learning fast by their mistakes.
Remember Italy and Spain have way more older people than the UK. Also 2/3’s live in flats so both that together went against them on the Virus.

Why I get annoyed with Boris/ UK was these two countries passed on all they knew good and bad and tried to help the UK by their own mistakes but Boris and his Govt ignored advice from countries that had it nearly 3 weeks before .

Madrid and Barcelona were terribly hit and over run and both have advice, from their mistakes.

Plus Boris now does everything they’ve done but way way to late .

It’s not the UK , I am against as I love the UK and am very proud of my country Wales, it’s Boris and co who I voted for that wind me up :lol:

There will always be a beer and a warm welcome for you :thumbright: :occasion5: :occasion5:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:49 am

Nobody should be flying in or out of Britain at the moment on holiday and it should be very limited reasons for travel.

People going on holiday at the moment abroad are stupid and the foreign governments who are inviting them are idiots

Spain are putting money before the health of there residents and are pretty much guaranteeing a second spike especially in the islands by doing it too early.

50000 excess deaths since march but only 27000 put down to Covid in Spain.

Spanish government stopped announcing daily death tolls at the beginning of june , Why ?
So it looks as if it is safe to visit the country ?

Britain is returning less daily deaths for the last 10 days than Italy who are still averaging 70 a day

China have gone back onto lock down with a perceived second wave because they lifted the travel ban too early

New Zealand have reported new cases after zero for 3 weeks after allowing foreign travel

Britain's timeline is pretty much identical to france where they have a spike every tuesday and record on average 50 a day throughout the week but they have no travel bans ?

If as has been said throughout that we are 3 weeks behind then it's only right we will take 3 weeks to come out of the other end so people should not be judging just yet .

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:08 am

thomasblue wrote:Nobody should be flying in or out of Britain at the moment on holiday and it should be very limited reasons for travel.

People going on holiday at the moment abroad are stupid and the foreign governments who are inviting them are idiots

Spain are putting money before the health of there residents and are pretty much guaranteeing a second spike especially in the islands by doing it too early.

Spanish government stopped announcing daily death tolls at the beginning of june , Why ?

Britain is returning less daily deaths for the last 10 days than Italy who are still averaging 70 a day

China have gone back onto lock down with a perceived second wave because they lifted the travel ban too early

New Zealand have reported new cases after zero for 3 weeks after allowing foreign travel

Britain's timeline is pretty much identical to france where they have a spike every tuesday and record on average 50 a day throughout the week but they have no travel bans ?

If as has been said throughout that we are 3 weeks behind then it's only right we will take 3 weeks to come out of the other end so people should not be judging just yet .

Thomas,
Wow we actually agree as I said if it was not for selfish reasons I would not want the UK or any tourists here this summer , for me deep down this is total madness and with the UK still not under control they should be confined in the UK and locked down not protesting every week.

Yes sadly New Zealand let Twitter UK residents and bang :cry:

This year should be zero everyone :thumbright:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:47 am

thomasblue wrote:Nobody should be flying in or out of Britain at the moment on holiday and it should be very limited reasons for travel.

We still have fairly high number of daily infections so probably best we refrain or are refrained from travelling as much as possible in the coming weeks. As for the ridiculed quarantine, I think its absolutely essential at the moment. This disease is currently travelling at its faster rate around the world than it has since it started . Britain has such a high level of international traffic we will always be a huge risk. Comparisons with New Zealand are complete nonsense. The entire country has less international air traffic than Luton airport, it has zero ferry traffic and no international trains.

I appreciate why the med resorts need to open. It really is a question of feeding the people. At least with the islands they should be able to contain an outbreak quickly but it willprobably mean shutting down again. The respective mainland's might not be so easy to get back under control. As we see with the British couple in New Zealand it was a nearly week after leaving Britain that the symptoms appeared. They were quarantined but imagine how many could be infected in a week of living it up on holiday. Europe has a false sense of security on this. Countries that have low infection rates are likely to have dealt with not spreading it better. It probably doesn't mean they're less likely to get it. To be honest you could argue that you would be safer to welcome 100k under 40's from Stockholm. Guaranteed to bring Covid to the island but with most having had it they're much less likely to spread it around while they're there.

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:20 am

Germany is currently fighting a second wave of COVID -19 . The government there is struggling to contain the latest outbreak in several blocks of flats in Berlin.
It’s definitely not gone away Annis.

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:They’ve got a cheek, Spain were the biggest importer or corona virus cases into the uk initially accounting for 34%, if anything we should be wary of them, especially with this influx of people!

Please answer ?

Totally disagree as now the Balearic Islands are virtually virus free and totally virus free where I live, so why should someone flying back from here to the UK have to quarantine for 14 days??

Who let the Spanish in?
I would not of.

Also allowing 3,500 Spanish in to the UK to watch a football match when the virus was high in Spain was complete madness by the idiot Boris.

Airports letting in 15,000 a day during the height of the virus and not a single check.

And now every week you’ve got protests , rioting etc where’s the social distancing??

Be interesting to see if you can be the first one of the 8 that continues to argue that everything is virtually perfect in the UK , but can finally admit Boris is late on everything and does it all back to front.

We’ve been wearing face masks for months, did the UK ignore that for months? And now are they not compulsory on public transport in the main parts of the UK?

I have another 25 facts / questions for you to say true or not to, just waiting for you to honestly answer these first .

I think we've been on agreement except for our lockdown, I was happy for a soft lockdown, you always felt it should be Spanish style with Police stopping peoples movement, I don't think that would have worked in the UK. Also the pictures you showed of idiots chatting in gangs did not really represent what was happening in my area where people were generally very sensible.

I never understood the airports, I think it was for economic reasons that we allowed the flights to continue, because we are an international hub, and they were reluctant to close it down, as it generates so much for the economy. That was definitely wrong and allowed the virus to fly into the country from mostly Spain, France and Italy.

The football was even more ridiculous, as was Cheltenham and the concerts although we now have the power of hindsight, but they were big mistakes.

The protests are stupid and personally I don't think they should be allowed in the current climate, as the people don't distance and it's caused another tribal brexit type row in the UK.

I think it was easy for Spain to lockdown when it's not busy with tourists, but like the UK back in March now the economy needs the tourists, they are going to gamble and allow the Brits and the rest back in and potentially bring their coronavirus with them.

I want the UK to enforce the quarantine as think Europe will see an increase in cases as the borders open up and people travel from country to country again spreading it, and I've always said flying in planes is a massive risk and potential spreader of Coronavirus, as that's how we got it in the first place.

Thank God the footballs coming back as we generally agree on that :laughing6: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:51 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Please answer ?

Who let the Spanish in?
I would not of.

I think we've been on agreement except for our lockdown, I was happy for a soft lockdown, you always felt it should be Spanish style with Police stopping peoples movement, I don't think that would have worked in the UK. Also the pictures you showed of idiots chatting in gangs did not really represent what was happening in my area where people were generally very sensible.

I never understood the airports, I think it was for economic reasons that we allowed the flights to continue, because we are an international hub, and they were reluctant to close it down, as it generates so much for the economy. That was definitely wrong and allowed the virus to fly into the country from mostly Spain, France and Italy.

The football was even more ridiculous, as was Cheltenham and the concerts although we now have the power of hindsight, but they were big mistakes.

The protests are stupid and personally I don't think they should be allowed in the current climate, as the people don't distance and it's caused another tribal brexit type row in the UK.

I think it was easy for Spain to lockdown when it's not busy with tourists, but like the UK back in March now the economy needs the tourists, they are going to gamble and allow the Brits and the rest back in and potentially bring their coronavirus with them.

I want the UK to enforce the quarantine as think Europe will see an increase in cases as the borders open up and people travel from country to country again spreading it, and I've always said flying in planes is a massive risk and potential spreader of Coronavirus, as that's how we got it in the first place.

Thank God the footballs coming back as we generally agree on that :laughing6: :thumbup:

Mark,

We are actually agree on everything other than I did not agree with UK lockdown, but everyone has there right to a difference of opinion on that :thumbright:

As to quarantine now in UK for me that’s way way to late.

As to football, I can’t wait and get us all back happy :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Please answer ?

Who let the Spanish in?
I would not of.

Mark,

We are actually agree on everything other than I did not agree with UK lockdown, but everyone has there right to a difference of opinion on that :thumbright:

As to football, I can’t wait and get us all back happy :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

:thumbup: It couldn't come soon enough, what a year this has been!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:49 am

:happy1:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Please answer ?

Who let the Spanish in?
I would not of.

Mark,

:thumbup: It couldn't come soon enough, what a year this has been!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As you have seen Mark , Spanish lockdown has got to me :lol:

So yes football will hopefully gets us all happy again :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:20 pm

I actually think the way europe is opening up this early is going to guarantee a second wave, maybe not as big as the first but it will appear again its unavoidable.

This would be the perfect time for britain to actually lock down the airports for holidays for 3 months. Allow only essential travel for personal reasons. That way we get to see how Europe gets on with the easing and if it works we do the same . If they get hit again we will be protected.

The financial hit of a second wave would far outweigh the loss of another few weeks of isolation

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:05 pm

download/file.php?id=54550

Mein ist das grosste handtuch am strand..