Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Robert Glatzel “

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:00 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Great strikers goal today.. he’s a quality player. We have started passing more, but it’s not possession footy yet..

RG is far better at link up play and was excellent when the ball was on the floor.

Yeah he did more when he came on than Patters did the whole time he was was on the pitch. Showed some class even besides the goal.

But he’s dogshit according to some.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:10 pm

thomasblue wrote:I cant believe anybody ever doubted the man

Quality goal

Quality player

Best striker we've had since Gary Madine in my opinion

I've been telling you theres a footballer in there. What next, maybe you start rating Vaulks, Bacuna, Pack and a few more you dont rate :thumbup:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:41 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I cant believe anybody ever doubted the man

Quality goal

Quality player

Best striker we've had since Gary Madine in my opinion

I've been telling you theres a footballer in there. What next, maybe you start rating Vaulks, Bacuna, Pack and a few more you dont rate :thumbup:

One good goal doesn't make him a good player. But he did play well and it's probably his best performance for the club. Even though he should have scored again but messed it up.

You are right I don't rate Bacuna or Pack as they are bog standard championship players who would struggle to get in most teams in this league. Ralls is a very good championship midfielder.

I'm sure there are a few you do not rate either. The idea of a forum is to have a opinion and talk about it , right or wrong. You think Glatzel is a good player , I say he's poor and has shown nothing to say he is good enough to be a top striker at this level . We will find out over time who is right.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:09 pm

His strike was instinctive and quality today. Hes scored 6 in 25 games. Its not prolific but equally he's by no means a disaster either. He does have ability and he is learning his trade in this country so I wish people would have a bit more patience. I also think playing behind closed doors may suit him too as he may not feel the pressure as much in front of crowd.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:44 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Great strikers goal today.. he’s a quality player. We have started passing more, but it’s not possession footy yet..

RG is far better at link up play and was excellent when the ball was on the floor.

Yeah he did more when he came on than Patters did the whole time he was was on the pitch. Showed some class even besides the goal.

But he’s dogshit according to some.

Patterson worked his socks off... yes Glatzel took the chance well and linked up a few times. but big credit here to the starting 11 who put Leeds in the position of having to push on...

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:06 am

Not long after he came on, Don Goodman on Sky said one of our attacks was the passage of play we'd done all match and Glatzel was a big part of that.

He's good with the ball at his feet, while Paterson plays the physical game better.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:53 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not long after he came on, Don Goodman on Sky said one of our attacks was the passage of play we'd done all match and Glatzel was a big part of that.

He's good with the ball at his feet, while Paterson plays the physical game better.

technically Goodman was spot on. but if we had tried to out pass them today I doubt we would have the win... I know most want us to pass it 30 times and the strictly judges give us 9.9s but I just like winning....we won today because we played our football better than they played theirs.... Neil Harris 1 lionel blair NIL

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:His strike was instinctive and quality today. Hes scored 6 in 25 games. Its not prolific but equally he's by no means a disaster either. He does have ability and he is learning his trade in this country so I wish people would have a bit more patience. I also think playing behind closed doors may suit him too as he may not feel the pressure as much in front of crowd.

:thumbup:

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:His strike was instinctive and quality today. Hes scored 6 in 25 games. Its not prolific but equally he's by no means a disaster either. He does have ability and he is learning his trade in this country so I wish people would have a bit more patience. I also think playing behind closed doors may suit him too as he may not feel the pressure as much in front of crowd.

:thumbup:

Should have kept Cornelius scored hatrick last night.. :D