A football topic - Technology

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby thomasblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:10 pm

That was a goal

How the referee can't see that is outrageous.

What's the point in having him on the pitch if he only listens to the technology that has obviously failed today.

Surely he is allowed to rule that's a goal without the watch buzzing ?

And what happened to VAR ?

A decision like that could cost Sheff Utd a place in the champions League
thomasblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: A football topic - Technology

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Sure Sky said he admitted it was a goal to CW?

They definitely said the technology wasn't working.

So much pointless faff about spraying the balls and sitting so far sort someone forgot to turn it on.

Why didnt VAR tell the ref stop it, they think it's a goal and tech has failed. Then make him throw the ball over the line and see if his watch buzzed? Simple.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Sure Sky said he admitted it was a goal to CW?

They definitely said the technology wasn't working.

So much pointless faff about spraying the balls and sitting so far sort someone forgot to turn it on.

Why didnt VAR tell the ref stop it, they think it's a goal and tech has failed. Then make him throw the ball over the line and see if his watch buzzed? Simple.

Yes that was simple solution putting ball over line to test it.. but var should been used as was within its remit Very odd! In fairness officials could not give decision as not clear to them
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:38 pm

You would think that putting the ball in the net and checking the watch would be a part of the pre game checks anyway?
thomasblue

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:34 pm

thomasblue wrote:You would think that putting the ball in the net and checking the watch would be a part of the pre game checks anyway?

Too busy wiping balls, deciding on how to high 5, and how to make the seats look pretty. All the stuff that matters.
jimmy_rat

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:37 pm

thomasblue wrote:That was a goal

What's the point in having him on the pitch if he only listens to the technology that has obviously failed today.

It’s the premier league it doesn’t matter, it’s only a problem if it affects Liverpool, Manu or Man City,
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Official line is system checked before game... Hawkeye uses 7 cameras all had view blocked by players so couldn't show ball crossing line... var not used because it went with ref saying his Mickey mouse watch didn't indicate a goal! Obviously when looking at replay at incident ball was clearly over line to late... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:54 pm

thomasblue wrote:You would think that putting the ball in the net and checking the watch would be a part of the pre game checks anyway?

I had completely forgotten what a mess they've made of refereeing games...
skidemin

Postby Citysince72 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:50 pm

Goal line technology before VAR generally got it right

Now the referee is to scared to make a decision without VAR

Not a fan of VAR

Referee and 2 linesmen is all we need

And if the referee gets a CCFC decision wrong I can winge about it on the way home :occasion5:
Citysince72

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:25 pm

Again with the last line,could also save villa? If I was cw,I'd be f@cking fuming. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 am

bluesince62 wrote:

Again with the last line,could also save villa? If I was cw,I'd be f@cking fuming. :old: :bluebird:

A bit like ours Vs Chelsea. Probably worse as there is now failsafes (VAR) to prevent this from happening.

I'll forgive the referee and linesman as humans will make errors. He may not have seen it fully cross the line and his watch didn't buzz so he thought it didn't.

But the VAR come on! Everyone who watched the replay saw in less than 10 seconds that was a clear goal. They should've intervened.

Technklogy works. Hawkeye does (normally) work. We've seen that. VAR cameras always work.

It's the procedure in how they are used that is wrong.
jimmy_rat

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:09 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

A bit like ours Vs Chelsea. Probably worse as there is now failsafes (VAR) to prevent this from happening.

I'll forgive the referee and linesman as humans will make errors. He may not have seen it fully cross the line and his watch didn't buzz so he thought it didn't.

But the VAR come on! Everyone who watched the replay saw in less than 10 seconds that was a clear goal. They should've intervened.

Technklogy works. Hawkeye does (normally) work. We've seen that. VAR cameras always work.

It's the procedure in how they are used that is wrong.

I'm.not sure there is a procedure to use it that will it ruin the game and slow it down like it does now.

I suppose the best thing would be for only penalty decisions . Offside is what is causing most of the issues

I quite like human error in the game it gives proper talking points
thomasblue

Return to General Chat