Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking:Protesters starting to now get Virus

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:37 pm

after protests

Increasing numbers of Houston residents have reportedly been diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending protests against the death of George Floyd.

Large protests began in the city days after the death of Houston native Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25. Texas has been experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases. Harris County, which encompasses Houston, has been adding hundreds of new cases each day to the more than 17,000 total confirmed cases reported as of Monday.

Houston resident Shamone Turner told KRIV that she took part in a march to Houston City Hall attended by an estimated 60,000 people about two weeks ago and later tested positive for the virus. Several friends who accompanied her were also said to have tested positive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Breaking:Protesters starting to now get Virus

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Never mind! They were all aware of the risk

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm

I dont want to be mean or anything but good. The protests never needed to happen in the first place because something happened in the US a country far away from the UK. Know I dont want to go further with my views because it will upset a lot of people but hey ho.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I dont want to be mean or anything but good. The protests never needed to happen in the first place because something happened in the US a country far away from the UK. Know I dont want to go further with my views because it will upset a lot of people but hey ho.

I agree with you mate. Trouble is that it looks like innocent people will now get it from these buffoons.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I dont want to be mean or anything but good. The protests never needed to happen in the first place because something happened in the US a country far away from the UK. Know I dont want to go further with my views because it will upset a lot of people but hey ho.

But the article is about protests in Houston?

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:16 pm

We can expect a similar thing here. All that good work by medical organisations and NHS will be undone by these morons.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Texas also opened the shops, pubs, restaurants, hair salons, beaches, parks and told people who went to the protests to get a test.

How do you know where they caught it and is this a case like the UK of a massive increase in testing ?

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I agree.. thousands of people in close contact, and they all caught it at the hairdressers..

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Spike on the way here after the mob rule riots of 2 weeks ago.

Idiots

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Spike on the way here after the mob rule riots of 2 weeks ago.

Idiots

A certainty

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:after protests

Increasing numbers of Houston residents have reportedly been diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending protests against the death of George Floyd.

Large protests began in the city days after the death of Houston native Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25. Texas has been experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases. Harris County, which encompasses Houston, has been adding hundreds of new cases each day to the more than 17,000 total confirmed cases reported as of Monday.

Houston resident Shamone Turner told KRIV that she took part in a march to Houston City Hall attended by an estimated 60,000 people about two weeks ago and later tested positive for the virus. Several friends who accompanied her were also said to have tested positive.

The stupid idiots will be crying and blaming Trump when they kill their Grannies!!!

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:after protests

GLM

The stupid idiots will be crying and blaming Trump when they kill their Grannies!!!

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Complete disregard for their own and any others health. Reaping what they've sown

Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Sam, I think you read it wrong mate but I completely agree with your views and would also sincerely like to thank all those who joined the BLM riots ( protests )in UK for utterly disrespecting the hard working NHS staff who will now once again risk their and their loved ones life just because of your selfish stupid ungrateful behaviour whilst jumping on the bandwagon due to the death of a drugged up, pregnant lady threatening, jailbird, yob.

Once again thank you, you f*cking cretins.

See a ban coming due to some likely pc complaint but balls to it as I'm sick of them as I was brought up to believe ALL lives matter.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 pm

Nah I dunno jules.. you’re only opining a widely held view.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Fxck em they knew the risks but chose to ignore.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Yep,them and all the day trippers flooding hotspots and beaches,those who attended mass raves,those who have had little regard for others,including their own families,all just as bad imo. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:07 am

Thanks for support folks, means a lot. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:23 am

bluesince62 wrote:Yep,them and all the day trippers flooding hotspots and beaches,those who attended mass raves,those who have had little regard for others,including their own families,all just as bad imo. :old: :bluebird:

You would think all this never happened, when I use to put it out , the usual suspects called it fake news.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:52 am

JulesK wrote:Sam, I think you read it wrong mate but I completely agree with your views and would also sincerely like to thank all those who joined the BLM riots ( protests )in UK for utterly disrespecting the hard working NHS staff who will now once again risk their and their loved ones life just because of your selfish stupid ungrateful behaviour whilst jumping on the bandwagon due to the death of a drugged up, pregnant lady threatening, jailbird, yob.

Once again thank you, you f*cking cretins.

See a ban coming due to some likely pc complaint but balls to it as I'm sick of them as I was brought up to believe ALL lives matter.

Jules, I wouldn't have put it in such succinct terms but you're spot on...! :clap:

They say 'timing' is everything and they got it completely wrong by putting so many more lives at risk in both the USA and the UK and the question still remains 'Why this felonious guy and not one of the many previous televised killings by US (not UK) police officers?'

And never mind being 'PC' on this one; what about health, safety and welfare or 'duty of care to self and others', too? :?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:13 am

Unfortunately duty of care never figured in the minds of the protesters.

Marches were rapidly organised and carried out without a scintilla of consideration for themselves and more importantly others.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:30 am

the protests here should have been stopped under the covid regs .. simple as that.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:36 am

Should not have any protest at this time.

Boris should have been tougher and banned it,

Prick Khan sacked as he isn't in control of of city

And anyone still protesting, should all be rounded up and fined

Same for anyone no matter where they are, beach, park it dont matter

Goverment could use the money from fines to help the NHS

what does it say to our young ones when people
Ignore the prime minister in there thousands and no
action taken

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:53 am

It's proof that mass gatherings are a breeding ground for the virus. As is work places in Wales.

18 June
]Nearly 100 workers at two factories which supply food to hospitals, shops and restaurants have tested positive for coronavirus.

Public Health Wales confirmed 58 cases at the 2 Sisters chicken factory in Llangefni on Anglesey, with all staff now being told to self-isolate.

In Wrexham, 38 staff have tested positive at Rowan Foods, which makes food for supermarkets across the UK.

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said the Anglesey outbreak was a "concern

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:58 am

stickywicket wrote:It's proof that mass gatherings are a breeding ground for the virus. As is work places in Wales.

18 June
]Nearly 100 workers at two factories which supply food to hospitals, shops and restaurants have tested positive for coronavirus.

Public Health Wales confirmed 58 cases at the 2 Sisters chicken factory in Llangefni on Anglesey, with all staff now being told to self-isolate.

In Wrexham, 38 staff have tested positive at Rowan Foods, which makes food for supermarkets across the UK.

Surely Vaughan should be declaring some sort of emergency

It's a bit more than a concern.

I've wondered about actual money

Can it pass the virus on ??

If so surely everywhere not just some retailers should just be card payment only

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:47 pm

JulesK wrote:Thanks for support folks, means a lot. :ayatollah:

Agree totally with your viewpoint Jules. Just don't express it on the other board as you'll send it into meltdown ! It's full of hand-wringing, leftie virtue-signallers.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:13 pm

So the general view is that people should not be gathering in large groups, like a political campaign rally for example?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:17 pm

stickywicket wrote:It's proof that mass gatherings are a breeding ground for the virus. As is work places in Wales.

18 June

so for the months of hundreds and hundreds of deaths an 100s of thousands of infections all our supermarkets stayed open..our distribution depots stayed open ,our food processors stayed open ..all covid free zones :lol: now all of a sudden its changed :? lots of blind eyes being turned to keep the country going thinks me...

i missed the Anglesey protests on the news but it stands to reason it was massive ,lots of sheep there..

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Yep,them and all the day trippers flooding hotspots and beaches,those who attended mass raves,those who have had little regard for others,including their own families,all just as bad imo. :old: :bluebird:

You would think all this never happened, when I use to put it out , the usual suspects called it fake news.

Annis how are you mate? Are your Covid usual suspects the same as the Tan usual suspects? :lol:

I do worry about this country after the protests but say it doesn’t cause a Massive spike. Surely that will show the virus is well and truly under control?

I sincerely hope so. Haven’t seen my folks for a long time and living alone during lockdown is shiiiiiiiittttttteeeee.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:45 pm

skidemin wrote:

18 June

so for the months of hundreds and hundreds of deaths an 100s of thousands of infections all our supermarkets stayed open..our distribution depots stayed open ,our food processors stayed open ..all covid free zones :lol: now all of a sudden its changed :? lots of blind eyes being turned to keep the country going thinks me...

i missed the Anglesey protests on the news but it stands to reason it was massive ,lots of sheep there..

Anglesey outbreaks are for two different reasons not connected ! And there as been outbreak in English food processing plants that tells you something is not right or simply
to be expected in a close environment? but one in anglesey appeared to be social distancing problem but the other was not ! These sort things probably happen for a while one suspects