Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UNPLEASANT NOISE ON THIS SITE......

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm 60 years old. Barry boy. First City game was 1967. Cardiff City has an irrational stahe in my life. I plan holiday and significant events around the fixture list. I've followed them to almost every league ground around the UK and more.

The people who did similar were my extended family. They may be from different communities....valleys or Cardiff areas .... but we were all on the same wavelength. All wanted the same thing. Most got drunk and loud. Many argued. Many stepped out of line....and were generally put back in their place. Family.

But without sounding like a sensitive tw*t, I am getting depressed by the tone and position on this forum. I am happy for bigots to make an arse of themselves. I may agree with some and not with others but this a loud, opinionated, politicised and generally unpleasant board at the moment. I read and whinced at Kafka's post. It was passionate, long, considered but he was going to get mobbed. Some of the more unpleasant posters, you sence, were watching on.

I know Annis. Like Annis. Even support Atlético Baleares, for Christ' sake. Old school.

But his board is going to the dogs. And is now unpleasant.

Sometimes. opinions which might offend are best kept to yourself.

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

Re: UNPLEASANT NOISE ON THIS SITE......

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:44 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:I'm 60 years old. Barry boy. First City game was 1967. Cardiff City has an irrational stahe in my life. I plan holiday and significant events around the fixture list. I've followed them to almost every league ground around the UK and more.

The people who did similar were my extended family. They may be from different communities....valleys or Cardiff areas .... but we were all on the same wavelength. All wanted the same thing. Most got drunk and loud. Many argued. Many stepped out of line....and were generally put back in their place. Family.

But without sounding like a sensitive tw*t, I am getting depressed by the tone and position on this forum. I am happy for bigots to make an arse of themselves. I may agree with some and not with others but this a loud, opinionated, politicised and generally unpleasant board at the moment. I read and whinced at Kafka's post. It was passionate, long, considered but he was going to get mobbed. Some of the more unpleasant posters, you sence, were watching on.

I know Annis. Like Annis. Even support Atlético Baleares, for Christ' sake. Old school.

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

Well said mate but it will probably fall on deaf ears. :thumbup:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:11 am

What a load of attention seeking nonsense.

First of all, you could have just contributed to the the thread rather than create another 'look at me' thread.

Secondly, Kafkas thread is a tidy thread, your comment about sensing unpleasant posters watching on is bizzare.

Your post screams my way or the highway, if you don't agree with me I'm taking my ball home.

If you see anything that is genuinely out of line just report it to a mod and I'm sure they will take action, other than that everyone is entitled to their view whether YOU like it or not.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:38 am

RV Casual wrote:What a load of attention seeking nonsense.

First of all, you could have just contributed to the the thread rather than create another 'look at me' thread.

Secondly, Kafkas thread is a tidy thread, your comment about sensing unpleasant posters watching on is bizzare.

Your post screams my way or the highway, if you don't agree with me I'm taking my ball home.

If you see anything that is genuinely out of line just report it to a mod and I'm sure they will take action, other than that everyone is entitled to their view whether YOU like it or not.

I second all that

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:29 am

Its the internet mate, it's not real.

Whoever shouts loudest gets more hits. Sensible middle of the road contribution do not rattle cages so go ignored. The more outrageous the better.

I don't think its become unpleasant, IMO its become Victor Meldrews retirement home for the suitably outraged.

Still waiting for the guaranteed spike from Englands "early" daft easing of the lock down.

The anti Tan stuff is unjustified on here, but that also reaches to CCMB as well.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:39 am

City in Cwmbran wrote:I'm 60 years old. Barry boy. First City game was 1967. Cardiff City has an irrational stahe in my life. I plan holiday and significant events around the fixture list. I've followed them to almost every league ground around the UK and more.

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

your previous post was....god help us.... it was in response to a poster stating facts.... he asked you to elaborate ,which you did not do.. now...your 60, old school , like Annis and support Baleares and are offended by ?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:53 am

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

Is it unpleasant noise or is it just another opinion that doesnt agree with yours

So you want to shut it down

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:05 pm

Citysince72 wrote:

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

Is it unpleasant noise or is it just another opinion that doesnt agree with yours

I don't want anything shut down. And differing opinions helps the world go round. That's healthy.

I am not even sure I can be arsed to elaborate, tbh. Too busy.

Don't like people picking on people. And if you can't recognise an unpleasant aura on many posts lately, well fair enough.

All Iwas saying was maybe just think before posting sometimes. Play nice.

Anyway, as you were....

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

I don't want anything shut down. And differing opinions helps the world go round. That's healthy.

Don't like people picking on people. And if you can't recognise an unpleasant aura on many posts lately, well fair enough.

Anyway, as you were....

Clearly not (quote) "too busy..." to create a new thread on a topic already in progress, populate it and then (a) continue to respond where it suited you, and (b) not be (quote again) "arsed" to respond when challenged?

As Annis would say...Hmmmmmm! ;)

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Sven wrote:
City in Cwmbran wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

Anyway, as you were....

Clearly not (quote) "too busy..." to create a new thread on a topic already in progress, populate it and then (a) continue to respond where it suited you, and (b) not be (quote again) "arsed" to respond when challenged?

"when challenged"? Get a life.....
And as Peter would say.....I can't be arsed.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:47 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:
Sven wrote:
City in Cwmbran wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Come on, play nice.

Stay safe....... x

Anyway, as you were....

"when challenged"? Get a life.....
And as Peter would say.....I can't be arsed.

Back again, busy one? :?

Challenged/questioned; either one fits :thumbup:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Sven....

I am not being a smart arse, nor self-important. Lots of people spout a load of bollocks on here, myself included. Some more regularly than others. I enjoy seeing how lots of it plays out. Whether Ralls should be dropped, whether we should accept the ST refund offer and all.

But some subjects are dangerously big and can raise really strong feelings. Racism, religious tollerance....BLM at the moment. (general politics in the Boris is a tosser, Corbyn is a commie mode is a kick about topic, in my eyes).

I guess I am saying that we might be better reigning some of the vitriol in on these sort of topics. I am not calling anyone racist and from reading even polarised opinions of posters here, there seems to be an acceptance that neither opinion will change the stance of the other. In fact, there are some genuinely well considered contributions.

I can't describe it any better than to say there is often a feeling of being uncomfortable on some contributions.

If that makes sense.

What usually happens now is 3 or 4 posters will kick off with 'who the hell does he think he is' type replies. 'It's an open forum, feck off if you don't like it'. Ridicule and attemt to 'win'. It doesn't really matter. But posters would be unlikely to spout some of the opinions on these topics so vecifourously in a public place. And sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable on this forum.

Now is one of those times.

Thank Christ the football is back!

Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:05 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:Sven....

I am not being a smart arse, nor self-important. Lots of people spout a load of bollocks on here, myself included. Some more regularly than others. I enjoy seeing how lots of it plays out. Whether Ralls should be dropped, whether we should accept the ST refund offer and all.

But some subjects are dangerously big and can raise really strong feelings. Racism, religious tollerance....BLM at the moment. (general politics in the Boris is a tosser, Corbyn is a commie mode is a kick about topic, in my eyes).

I guess I am saying that we might be better reigning some of the vitriol in on these sort of topics. I am not calling anyone racist and from reading even polarised opinions of posters here, there seems to be an acceptance that neither opinion will change the stance of the other. In fact, there are some genuinely well considered contributions.

I can't describe it any better than to say there is often a feeling of being uncomfortable on some contributions.

If that makes sense.

What usually happens now is 3 or 4 posters will kick off with 'who the hell does he think he is' type replies. 'It's an open forum, feck off if you don't like it'. Ridicule and attemt to 'win'. It doesn't really matter. But posters would be unlikely to spout some of the opinions on these topics so vecifourously in a public place. And sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable on this forum.

Spot on posts Mr Cwmbran

I'll be first to admit I have written a load of bollocks on here over the years and yes I have got some stick for it.I always feel my arguementa are coming from the right place though and very rarely have I ever been trolled over it. Yes, my spelling is always a target though,lol,lol.

But try not to get to down over it buddy cause there are a lot of knuckle draggers in the world and you cant reason with people who are blinded by hate. Some people just like hearing themselves talk down to people and this is sad.

Overall, I think the forum is 99% good with a sprinkle of oddballs perhaps. Not sure what I am And I dont really care to be honest.

Perhaps politics should be kept to other dedicated threads or sub groups. Important subjects though and life is not just about football. Don't leave we need sane people on this platform.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:26 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:Sven....

If that makes sense.

You were doing okay there until you wrote (quote) "It's an open forum, feck off if you don't like it"

That was the very thing you started the thread about; people expressing views others (in this case you) don't agree with!

You couldn't make it up! :lol:

On a lighter note, I agree with your comment re the football returning. It'll certainly give some of the serial (and deliberate IMHO) mischief-makers a new focus :thumbright:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 pm

"You were doing okay there until you wrote (quote) "It's an open forum, feck off if you don't like it" "

I was quoting what I expected others to say to me,Sven :lol: :lol:

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:44 am

I thought it was an autobiography of you life when I started to read, well done for being a city fan and stepping out of line but that doesn’t mean people are going to change they views to fall in line with yours. To me your the bigot making an arse of himself at the moment by not tolerating other’s opinions.

What a whopper.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:25 am

Bigmarkw wrote:I thought it was an autobiography of you life when I started to read, well done for being a city fan and stepping out of line but that doesn’t mean people are going to change they views to fall in line with yours. To me your the bigot making an arse of himself at the moment by not tolerating other’s opinions.

What a whopper.

Funny.....not even sure I expressed an opinion. And I was suggested that we are all a bit more tolerant on 'serious' subjects.

Never mind.......

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:34 am

City in Cwmbran wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:I thought it was an autobiography of you life when I started to read, well done for being a city fan and stepping out of line but that doesn’t mean people are going to change they views to fall in line with yours. To me your the bigot making an arse of himself at the moment by not tolerating other’s opinions.

What a whopper.

Funny.....not even sure I expressed an opinion. And I was suggested that we are all a bit more tolerant on 'serious' subjects.

Never mind.......

Even funnier.

“But without sounding like a sensitive tw*t, I am getting depressed by the tone and position on this forum.”

Just one of the opinions you offered.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:37 am

City in Cwmbran wrote:"You were doing okay there until you wrote (quote) "It's an open forum, feck off if you don't like it" "

I was quoting what I expected others to say to me,Sven :lol: :lol:

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

The bigoted irony. I for one are happy and encourage views different from mine and respect them.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:39 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
City in Cwmbran wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Funny.....not even sure I expressed an opinion. And I was suggested that we are all a bit more tolerant on 'serious' subjects.

Never mind.......

Even funnier.

“But without sounding like a sensitive tw*t, I am getting depressed by the tone and position on this forum.”

Just one of the opinions you offered.

That's not an opinion, Mark. I was expressing a feeling.

And I don't feel like a bigot. Neiither do I feel like an arse on this one..... although I'll likely make an arse of myself again down the line. Like most on here at times.

Best let it go, for now.