Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spain rises ?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:05 pm

11 more cases than yesterday all Spain - 154 today. Quite a jump in Andalucia and Aragon but a drop in Madrid and NONE on the Mallorca Balearic Islands.

12 deaths yesterday.

It looks to me like there are going to be daily outbreaks from now on in different regions.

Yesterday they reported 14 in the Canaries having been hardly any for ages.

Turns out they were 14 immigrants arrived on a boat from Africa (39 on the boat, 14 tested positive)

Re: Spain rises ?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:11 more cases than yesterday all Spain - 154 today. Quite a jump in Andalucia and Aragon but a drop in Madrid and NONE on the Mallorca Balearic Islands.

12 deaths yesterday.

It looks to me like there are going to be daily outbreaks from now on in different regions.

Turns out they were 14 immigrants arrived on a boat from Africa (39 on the boat, 14 tested positive)

We need to be worried over here.3 food factories have closed with staff testing positive and the rest in isolation.
About 250 staff have tested positive in plants in West Yorkshire, Anglesey and Wrexham
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oronavirus

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:18 pm

It is starting to happen again in most countries - this is going to be with us for a while mate .

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:It is starting to happen again in most countries - this is going to be with us for a while mate .

Is it lack of health and safety and union reps.
I'm retired now but in my day I worked in industry health and safety was a must.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:31 pm

stickywicket wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:It is starting to happen again in most countries - this is going to be with us for a while mate .

Is it lack of health and safety and union reps.
I'm retired now but in my day I worked in industry health and safety was a must.

In the one plant on anglesey it appears to be HS problem but not the other one? Probably more to do with way people work as it's in similar plants elsewhere.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 pm

It's happening because all countries are rushing to get back to normal due to financial reasons and health now takes second place in the list of priorities even though nobody will admit it

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Big farming community where I am with quite a few beef & chicken packing plants as well, they had some of the biggest outbreaks at the start and had to close down as well as a lot across the country. The prices for any fresh or frozen meat have gone through the roof in the last month and there's no end in sight to the price rises and even shortages in some areas.

My advice would be to buy now while you can afford it & fill up your freezer while you can get fresh meat at a reasonable price.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:56 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:11 more cases than yesterday all Spain - 154 today. Quite a jump in Andalucia and Aragon but a drop in Madrid and NONE on the Mallorca Balearic Islands.

12 deaths yesterday.

We need to be worried over here.3 food factories have closed with staff testing positive and the rest in isolation.
About 250 staff have tested positive in plants in West Yorkshire, Anglesey and Wrexham

What is it with these meat factories? Yorkshire and north wales, not to mention in Beijing last week.....

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:49 pm

goats wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

12 deaths yesterday.

What is it with these meat factories? Yorkshire and north wales, not to mention in Beijing last week.....

They think its something to do with the virus surviving better in cold temperatures, god help us all if the winter is cold. Couple that with a social distance problem and the noise of the machinery resulting in people have to shout at one another to be heard.

Sobering stats coming from Brazil. 50 thousand new cases today will mean some very bleak days in the coming weeks.

Think we may have jumped the gun with the latest relaxation. We seemed to have a steady decline in new cases but the decline has halted this week and the daily infections are well above most of Europe. This could easily start going in the wrong direction. Hope they've got it right.