Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fairplay to the Jacks today

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:34 pm

The special Welsh message Swansea City players will have on their shirts against Middlesbrough today

The Swans also received special dispensation to include a message on their shorts

By Ian Mitchelmore

Swansea City will pay a special tribute to the Welsh NHS during their Championship clash with Middlesbrough today. :thumbright:

The Swans return to action against Boro at the Riverside Stadium following a postponement period of more than three months due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As part of the resumption of the campaign, EFL clubs will show their support for NHS key workers by wearing shirts with an ‘NHS Rainbow – Thank You’ emblem.

And as one of only two clubs in the division, Swansea have confirmed their shirts will include the word 'Diolch' as the club aim to pay a special tribute to NHS staff in Wales.

The Swans also received special dispensation to wear the NHS Wales logo on their shorts for the remainder of the campaign.

Chairman Trevor Birch said: “We felt it was important to pay tribute to the thousands of NHS staff who continue to work selflessly on our behalf in the community we serve.

“Coronavirus has affected so many people nationally and locally, and the support and service of the NHS and other frontline staff has been crucial in the fight to keep us all safe during these difficult times.

“The football community as a whole has come together to show its gratitude and appreciation for their continued dedication and, as a Welsh club, it’s great that we can also pay our own special tribute to those NHS staff working in Wales.’’

A period of applause will take place before today's behind-closed-doors fixture in the North East of England in a bid to pay tribute to those working tirelessly on the frontline.

Re: Fairplay to the Jacks today

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Fair play indeed.

Credit where it's due.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Fair play indeed.

Credit where it's due.

I know, i never thought i would say it.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Credit where it's due.

I know, I never thought I would say that ;)

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:57 am

Foghorn65 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Credit where it's due.

I know and I’m not going to say it :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:01 am

I have got to say I watched the match yesterday and really? the middleborough defence made the jacks look like barcelona :laughing6:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:00 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Foghorn65 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Credit where it's due.

I know and I’m not going to say it :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Well I’m not going to say it am I bitter probably when it comes to them they wouldn’t gave us the same credit they never do but what I will say annis is man enough to give them the credit on this mb

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:21 am

They have a distinct advantage in the current climate though, they are used to playing in near silent stadiums...... :lol: