Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

football shirt sponsors

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:49 am

i think if you buy a club shirt whatever team you support, it should make a statement...this is the club i support and it's a cool design....yet so many shirts are ruined by having a crap sponsor. think newcastle with wonga...or other teams with sleazy betting companies.

if you could have any sponsor what would it be?...my ideal cardiff shirt would no sponsor or CARDIFF CITY on it

Re: football shirt sponsors

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 am

Businesses need revenue so a shirtsponsor also contributes to the bottom line.

Ideally we could have a charity to promote.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:15 am

I don't think we receive any money from our short sponsor?

As ugly as some might think it is it could be a whole lot worse. All of those Chinese betting ones. They could say anything, no one would know!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:26 am

Would be happy if we went down Newport's route and didn't have one.

I think the reason they don't have one is something to do with Paddy Power.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:54 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I don't think we receive any money from our short sponsor?

As ugly as some might think it is it could be a whole lot worse. All of those Chinese betting ones. They could say anything, no one would know!

Aside the 1.3 billion people who speak Mandarin

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:03 am

I think the VISIT MALAYSIA sponsor have been on our shirts for so long we fans are used to it on the shirts now. And to be fair to Tan its not a bad sponsor even if its just the basic font of it. I do prefer the old VISIT MALAYSIA though.
BUUT if I have a choice of a sponsor to replace the VISIT MALAYSIA then I would simply go for a sponsor Cardiff have had before the VISIT Malaysia so I would have to say.

I LOVED the SBOBET sponsor because we had an amazing blue home kit with it alongside the white shorts. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:44 pm

CardiffCityForum ;) :thumbup: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:19 am

Sam ReaN wrote:I think the VISIT MALAYSIA sponsor have been on our shirts for so long we fans are used to it on the shirts now. And to be fair to Tan its not a bad sponsor even if its just the basic font of it. I do prefer the old VISIT MALAYSIA though.
BUUT if I have a choice of a sponsor to replace the VISIT MALAYSIA then I would simply go for a sponsor Cardiff have had before the VISIT Malaysia so I would have to say.

I LOVED the SBOBET sponsor because we had an amazing blue home kit with it alongside the white shorts. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

I remember Merthyr Motor Auctions on the front of our shirts. Now there’s one to rival Sharp and Emirates.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 am

Visit Malaysia is paid for by VT - I believe he then is able to set that payment as a credit in his home country.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Colourful Cut Flowers Company