Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A CLASS TRIBUTE FOR CITY LEGEND

Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:29 pm

A CLASS TRIBUTE TO A CITY LEGEND

After scoring his goal, Junior Hoilett raced over to the bench and lifted up a Peter Whittingham No.7 shirt in honour of our late hero

After the game, City manager Neil Harris also paid tribute to the man he described as a class player who "could have played in any team in the world" but he lived Cardiff City FC

A class act was Whitts, a class gesture from Junior and class words from Neil Harris :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: A CLASS TRIBUTE FOR CITY LEGEND

Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:56 pm

I second that.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:58 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:I second that.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:56 pm

It's true, Peter Whittingham was a modern day City legend. It's a shame we weren't all there to witness that goal celebration.
Personally, when we can all attend games again, I'd love to see City name a stand after Whitts as he played such a big part in the transition of our club during the period he was there.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:13 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 pm

I mean for everything whitts gave us, I felt that a sign saying city loves you more than you will know and holding his name aloft isn't exactly a fitting tribute. I don't know, I just hope this isn't the only thing the club will do because let's be honest. The man is a modern day club legend and it seems a few nice words and a shirt held up is not enough of a tribute to me.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Something with permanence needs to be done without a doubt. I like the idea of a stand named after him, a statue, imagery in all concourses and other ideas. Loved the flag today and Whitts shirt being displayed.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:03 pm

The Whitts we all knew and loved would probably want as little as fuss as possible. Just like his goal celebrations

He deserves a statue, stand etc

I think something modest like a plaque on the stand somewhere would be a perfect and permanent tribute him.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Jimmykingz wrote:The Whitts we all knew and loved would probably want as little as fuss as possible. Just like his goal celebrations

He deserves a statue, stand etc

I think something modest like a plaque on the stand somewhere would be a perfect and permanent tribute him.

I agree :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:55 pm

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Sven wrote:A CLASS TRIBUTE TO A CITY LEGEND

After scoring his goal, Junior Hoilett raced over to the bench and lifted up a Peter Whittingham No.7 shirt in honour of our late hero

After the game, City manager Neil Harris also paid tribute to the man he described as a class player who "could have played in any team in the world" but he lived Cardiff City FC

A class act was Whitts, a class gesture from Junior and class words from Neil Harris :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Hi Sven met peter on manyl times as he had many friends and met up with ex city players in Birmingham what a gent RIP Peter he is a true city legend the years appearances and brilliant goals will always stay in my memory, :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:31 am

bluebirdowen wrote:
Sven wrote:A CLASS TRIBUTE TO A CITY LEGEND

Hi Sven met peter on manyl times as he had many friends and met up with ex city players in Birmingham what a gent RIP Peter he is a true city legend the years appearances and brilliant goals will always stay in my memory, :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thank you for sharing that :thumbup: :ayatollah: